G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

If I lower my car, do I need a camber kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is a G coupe good to go on 20's if no lowering has been done (totally stock suspension), will the tires wear as they should?

Thanks,
Jason

Old 06-03-2011, 07:04 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by prinny
Are they really that bad?
Yep, wouldn't touch those or the Ichiba POS camber arms. Total crap.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gat0713
You don't know till you try them. Do you have experience with Godspeed? or are you speaking out of the blue just because it is not a well known brand? lol. They seem build as good as other brands, the only difference is the brand. As time progresses I will know how to work. So far they seem nice and have softened up the road for me. Grip feels better as well. I am trying to get the whiteline buschings to to a proper alignment and that should be that to better test out the camber kit.

yes actually i do have experience with them (friends civic snapped the turnbuckle in 2). so you arent bursting anybodies bubble. sadly i dont have the picture of the destroyed piece of crap but you really do get what you pay for.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DomeP1ece
yes actually i do have experience with them (friends civic snapped the turnbuckle in 2). so you arent bursting anybodies bubble. sadly i dont have the picture of the destroyed piece of crap but you really do get what you pay for.
You can not compare Honda Civic camber kits with the G35 and 350z. they are built differently. Besides it also depends alot on wear from the bushings and how your suspension springs and shocks are doing. So far they are doing well. As time progresses we'll see. Anyway, they are not made in the same way. G35s and 350z need more tougher build ups than civics. The only way to tell is through time and to tell you the truth so far so good.

If it does somehow end up going wrong, I will see then. besides, time has progressed and companies do better the products. So far they are working good for my car. I am just waiting on getting those whiteline bushings to replace the bushings in the front lower control arm to be able to align the car properly.

Last edited by gat0713; 06-03-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DGP-G35
Is a G coupe good to go on 20's if no lowering has been done (totally stock suspension), will the tires wear as they should?

Thanks,
Jason
Yes. Usually 20" rims are pretty heavy. Mine are around 45lbs each. Which is ridiculouse if you ask me. The car already has camber issues stock. Once you get bigger rims, camber can be affected. Which is why it is usually recommended to have a camber kit. My car as stock suspension. Eibach lowering springs is all I have different. =)

Old 06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Yep, wouldn't touch those or the Ichiba POS camber arms. Total crap.

Dang haha.. there goes like the 2 cheapest options. Doesn't leave me with much to choose from

Old 06-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Just shows that modding on a small budget is not the best thing to do. Spend a little extra for the quality parts and you won't have to worry about them.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
^Just shows that modding on a small budget is not the best thing to do. Spend a little extra for the quality parts and you won't have to worry about them.

Yeah that's true.. hmm..

but what about Megans?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:09 PM
How about a drop with H techs? Would you need a camber kit with them?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by erm007
How about a drop with H techs? Would you need a camber kit with them?
Read the thread.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:10 AM
yes unless you want to buy a lot of tires

Old 10-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 106 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Just goes to show that OE specs don't mean much here.

I've always had custom alignment specs as I've never liked the dull handling characteristics of OE specs. The only part of the alignment I really care to be near OE specs is toe, and I typically run a good amount of camber and rarely have had that negatively affect tire wear. I've had my current tires for more than a year now, and these RE760s still have a lot of life left even with the 2, 3 degrees of camber.
Did you have to use a rear toe bolt kit to get the toe back in spec?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
it all depends on what brand and size tire you run and every car accepts drops differently.

My G is dropped on 350z H techs (if you can even call it a drop) and obviously suspension geometry was off. When I ran toyos, I would get insane camber wear (POS soft tire). When I switched to Vredestein and went up on a size............I did not get any camber wear at all. Recently I got camber arms for rear susp (car was T-boned and sustained damage to rear susp components) and corrected toe and camber with them, front remains the same to this day and I don't have any sufficient camber wear that would justify purchase of front camber arms.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
it all depends on what brand and size tire you run and every car accepts drops differently.

My G is dropped on 350z H techs (if you can even call it a drop) and obviously suspension geometry was off. When I ran toyos, I would get insane camber wear (POS soft tire). When I switched to Vredestein and went up on a size............I did not get any camber wear at all. Recently I got camber arms for rear susp (car was T-boned and sustained damage to rear susp components) and corrected toe and camber with them, front remains the same to this day and I don't have any sufficient camber wear that would justify purchase of front camber arms.
Joker is right. No doubt that every car accepts drop differently. I dropped on Z/G springs and had all kinds of uneven tire wear. Just got the SPC front camber arms installed and I'm back in spec, but my mech had to use a shim on the passenger side to get it in spec, which means the wheel sticks out about 1/8 of an inch further than the other. It's hardly noticeable, but twinges my OCD factor. Rear won't get dialed in to spec until I get the rear arms even though the rear has camber adjustability (unlike the front if it's stock).

Bushings play a part in alignment also, so that'll be the next thing I tackle. Getting the alignment dialed in and keeping it there when lowering by any amount is a freaking hassle on these cars. Get ready to spend some jack.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
He nailed it....^....install the springs, wait at least a week for them to settle then get an alignment (not Firestone/PepBoys or Sears) and when they're finished ask the tech if you're close to OE specs....very close. If not get the SPL camber/toe bolts here on DRIVER under MARKETPLACE vendor suspension.
Gary
Planning on dropping mine next week on Skunk2 springs and this is great advice, Gary. I always appreciate your advice on miscellaneous posts. Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If I lower my car, do I need a camber kit?