G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

ALWAYS DEMAND Autocheck Report over carfax PROOF INSIDE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
ALWAYS DEMAND Autocheck Report over carfax PROOF INSIDE

Helping a member with some cars and YES I know this vehicle is Sedan and not coupe so BLOW ME. The concept and principle still applies always make sure you are getting Autocheck report and not CARFAIL. This specific vehicle has FRAME DAMAGE.

Here is the 2004 G35 sedan in question.

2004 G35 Sedan

GOOGLE CACHED

CARFAX...FAIL

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2m9s6hjqdoeomd

AUTOCHECK...FTW

http://www.mediafire.com/?ugcd55m4e9c6u4d

r

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Welcome to AutoCheck.pdf (220.8 KB, 672 views)

Last edited by faiz23; 06-23-2011 at 01:50 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by faiz23:
agedog2gt (06-12-2011), Marc Bynum (06-16-2011), nebur (08-11-2011), wolfpackdl90 (08-11-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 12:35 AM
beb
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Didnt click linkys... But we used both Autocheck and CarFax recently when we were shopping for my sisters M3. I totally agree, Autocheck is much more accurate.

FYI: I totalled a Civic in 2003, CarFaxed it for fun in 2007 and it came up clean.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:45 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
This is pretty common knowledge on Driver, but thanks for reminding us.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Dealerships must be happy to show a carfax nowadays if they can pull something like this off

Old 06-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
what part is that? I see leaf springs.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Sorry please do not mistaken that picture for a G35. I just found a picture on the web with frame damage and slapped it on the thread. It does look like the rear and a leaf spring. So rear end damage that was significant enough to cause Frame damage.

What is sad the Dealer is offering Free Carfax and most people would be happy with the Free Carfax and not realize they are getting screwed by $1000's. I know this is common knowledge but lately every week members have been finding Frame damage on Vehicles that Carfax will not report.

Couple members had no clue that there personal vehicles which had clean carfax showed UNIBODY damage on Autocheck. Even if this helps out one person it is all worth it.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, this is very good info. I will check for autocheck reports now.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:05 PM
NVM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info.

Because of the he increasing popularity of CARFAX, it's giving more and more people a false sense of security these days. I think it's important to get the word out.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Sellers love to twist words when they list items. Yes this guy is honest saying it had an accident in the rear causing it to total it out but what he forgot to say is earlier in its life it also had an accident which could have been in the front. Looking up on Autocheck you can see the previous accident was in the Rear as well. I would hate to buy a car that has been hit in the Rear twice and once to total it out. Again always get Autocheck and have a body shop inspect it along with Infiniti pre purchase inspection. Believe me I hate paying for pre purchase inspection or Autocheck reports but when you dig up some dirt you can watch the seller drop THOUSANDS off $$$$$ and that easily covers the cost of inspection and better yet any buyers remorse you have if you had purchased vehicle not knowing the true condition

Vehicles Does have a Rebuilt Title to it. It was Slightly rear ended but professionally Repaired. I also have previous pictures to show you how the vehicle was before it was repaired. Please feel free to contact me by email or phone/Text

AMAZING PRICE & MILEAGE

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

AUTOCHECK

http://www.mediafire.com/?w50mcs3g7cbgflz

Old 06-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
The only reason Carfax is still around is because its marketing.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
So it really is CarFox..

Old 06-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Guys I know how to get autocheck for free... Been doing it for all my cars and I agree it's way better than carf*cks... If u go to eBay and post a local for sale using the VIN it populates a free autocheck on the car...

Old 06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure if you don't go through insurance there won't be any record of the cars history, unless there is some other way to track wheather or not the car has been damaged or a salvage. The best way to determine if the car has been tampered with is to looking for paint stripped bolts on fenders,hood,trunk hood, check the welds were the fenders are attached under the hood for cracks and that the paint on the bolts has not been stripped off ( the paint will be stripped off under the surface of the bolt then the bolt has been removed.) peel back weather stripping on the windshield, side windows, inside the door to inspect if there is overspray/tape marks etc. from having body work done. Check for water lines inside door panels. Always buy a car on a sunny day. You would not believe the imperfections that could be overlooked on a cloudy day. Some guys shotty paint blending may look good in poor lighting conditions, then look awful on a sunny day. Finally bring the damn car to an independent mechanic to get a 3rd party evaluation of the vehicles true condition. Doing these easy things can save you an enormous amour of trouble, take it from someone that learned the hard way. Carfax, autocheck etc. is not a reliable indicator of the cars history in my opinion and experience. I hope this helps out.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee35init
I'm pretty sure if you don't go through insurance there won't be any record of the cars history, unless there is some other way to track wheather or not the car has been damaged or a salvage. The best way to determine if the car has been tampered with is to looking for paint stripped bolts on fenders,hood,trunk hood, check the welds were the fenders are attached under the hood for cracks and that the paint on the bolts has not been stripped off ( the paint will be stripped off under the surface of the bolt then the bolt has been removed.) peel back weather stripping on the windshield, side windows, inside the door to inspect if there is overspray/tape marks etc. from having body work done. Check for water lines inside door panels. Always buy a car on a sunny day. You would not believe the imperfections that could be overlooked on a cloudy day. Some guys shotty paint blending may look good in poor lighting conditions, then look awful on a sunny day. Finally bring the damn car to an independent mechanic to get a 3rd party evaluation of the vehicles true condition. Doing these easy things can save you an enormous amour of trouble, take it from someone that learned the hard way. Carfax, autocheck etc. is not a reliable indicator of the cars history in my opinion and experience. I hope this helps out.
Thanks for the tips. I agree, if the accident hasn't been reported to an insurance company it won't show up. But I think if you go to a body shop they might automatically report it if major work has been done. I think they get the VIN off your car for tracking purposes. Like they don't want to be re-painting a car that has been stolen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ALWAYS DEMAND Autocheck Report over carfax PROOF INSIDE