Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Auto-matic sideways?

Sounds like my car

Old 06-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by YungThrowed254
i meant 30 lol but it only happens in tiptronic woth vdc off ill go get it checkd out tomorrow
Show us a video of this. There is no way your car is busting sideways when your already going 30. Especially if you have an automatic. Video or it didn't Happen.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Sideways at 30 MPH stomping the throttle only if you found a wet spot or those tires are bald!
Gary

Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You're alignment is probably put of stock specifications. That could cause the squirrelliness. Also be careful with dropping tire pressure too low and adjusting only the front or rear ride height. depending on the situation (I.e non straight line) this could worsen the traction and other handling characteristics like weight transfer (I.e. Roll). Sorry about the iPhone punctuation.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Also make sure you have the wheels completely straight before really getting on the gas and that your tires are sticky.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YungThrowed254
also it only been happening since i removed the rear seats and everything in the trunk except some thin carpetn lol
Well there you go, you've taken a lot of weight off the rear wheels. You don't have enough weight on the drive wheels to provide enough traction for the power you've got. That's the same reason some people with rear wheel drive put sandbags in the trunk for snowy/icy conditions.

You could try lowering the PSI in the rear wheels a bit as Eric@TCGMiami suggested. Or put some of that weight back in.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Unless your **** is broken or you are running some FI there is no way you would be going sideways when going from a roll at 40. Our cars aren't that fast...
^^ agreed. listen I autox my car. Nothing major done to it, i got exahust, hfc, and a few other bolt ons, and for my last autox i took my rear seats out and stripped all that i could and i havent put any of it back in yet bc... well i just enjoy it haha. But at no point was i even close to getting sideways unintentionally. I would love some documentation of this. otherwise to answer one of your previous questions you can run up to 275s in the rear on stock wheels. and yes, it also matters more on what type of traction you arent getting. Some fatter tires would solve the issue your having, that is if there are no other issues bc honestly dude without FI youre not breaking the tires from any mph over 10

Old 06-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
I would believe this with a 6MT. With a 5AT? Highly doubt it.

Granted when my rear tires are worn I can spin them up no problem if I stab the throttle in 1st gear at ~20mph, but the one 5AT G Coupe I rode in did not have the "snap" to break the tires loose...

Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
Show us a video of this. There is no way your car is busting sideways when your already going 30. Especially if you have an automatic. Video or it didn't Happen.
Originally Posted by gary c
Sideways at 30 MPH stomping the throttle only if you found a wet spot or those tires are bald!
Gary
Not to pee on ya'lls Cheerios but that's not out of the question. On my 5AT sedan when I get on it at 30 my back end will break free and shimmy a bit. I'm not busting sideways though. I have done the 3.5 diff swap, MD spacer, exhaust mods, R2C intake, and most importantly Osiris which eliminated the throttle lag. Didn't start happening until after the tune though. Did it today in 100 degree heat just because I can.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by RocG
Well there you go, you've taken a lot of weight off the rear wheels. You don't have enough weight on the drive wheels to provide enough traction for the power you've got. That's the same reason some people with rear wheel drive put sandbags in the trunk for snowy/icy conditions.

You could try lowering the PSI in the rear wheels a bit as Eric@TCGMiami suggested. Or put some of that weight back in.
No. The g35, and 5at especially, will not break traction like what he is describing at 30mph no matter how hard you jump on it with just the weight savings/mods he says he has. Either his car is broken or he is just full of it.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got everthing check out and they said everything is good and im not saying im going completly going sideways it just does it some just trying to get some better traction so it wont happen anymore my friend has the same prob on his g35 got lil more mods then me but he told me today just get the rear camber kit and wider tire and thatll fix the prob fixed his

Old 06-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Sounds like he's dropped without alignment and has too much toe. But clarifying what has been done would have stopped all debates about everything a looong time ago.

If you want more traction, tires and alignment are the most important thing. After that, I'd say struts are the next most important factor.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
solid rear diff bushing!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by CantDieLS
^^ agreed. listen I autox my car. Nothing major done to it, i got exahust, hfc, and a few other bolt ons, and for my last autox i took my rear seats out and stripped all that i could and i havent put any of it back in yet bc... well i just enjoy it haha. But at no point was i even close to getting sideways unintentionally. I would love some documentation of this. otherwise to answer one of your previous questions you can run up to 275s in the rear on stock wheels. and yes, it also matters more on what type of traction you arent getting. Some fatter tires would solve the issue your having, that is if there are no other issues bc honestly dude without FI youre not breaking the tires from any mph over 10
275's on stocks?

Old 06-25-2011, 02:05 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
you can start with better tires.

Toyo proxy is a POS tire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Better Traction