G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Motordyne Exhaust or keep OEM exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Motordyne Exhaust or keep OEM exhaust?

Hi All,

Considering my next Mod to be one of the Motordyne exhausts. They sound great on some clips I've heard here. I know it could sound nothing like that in person however.

I personally love the sound of the stock exhaust note. Would like it to just be a little louder and a deeper growl.

Is going with an aftermarket exhaust worth the cost of it ($1000+)? For people that have made that leap..... Was it worth shelling out the bucks for it? Did you get noticable gains (hp) you can feel? Is it that much better than keeping stock?

Going to weigh everyone's opinion here first before I decide to switch out the exhausts. I just keep telling myself "Why bother"? I love the sound of the stock exhaust?

Thanks!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Get High Flow Cats they will make your stock exhaust note louder and deeper with a nice growl to it. I can however offer you no feedback on any full exhaust systems such as Motordyne's.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
MotorDyne has the dyno sheets to prove the gains but if you wanna keep your stock exhaust you can just buy the MotorDyne ART pipes which will replace the stock cats and make the exhaust louder and deeper and help with power

i know this is not the best vid since the car is in a garage ill see if i can find another

Old 06-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I've heard a lot of people complain that HFCs and Test Pipes added noticeable rasp to the oem exhaust.
So u might want to keep that in mind.
Your best bet is to hear the MD exhaust in person.

[QUOTE=Beebo;5961943]MotorDyne has the dyno sheets to prove the gains but if you wanna keep your stock exhaust you can just buy the MotorDyne ART pipes which will replace the stock cats and make the exhaust louder and deeper and help with power

i know this is not the best vid since the car is in a garage ill see if i can find another

Hey Beebo, do the MD Art pipes give off any gas smell or add any rasp/drone?

Old 06-24-2011, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=irishsig;5961974]I've heard a lot of people complain that HFCs and Test Pipes added noticeable rasp to the oem exhaust.
So u might want to keep that in mind.
Your best bet is to hear the MD exhaust in person.

Originally Posted by Beebo
MotorDyne has the dyno sheets to prove the gains but if you wanna keep your stock exhaust you can just buy the MotorDyne ART pipes which will replace the stock cats and make the exhaust louder and deeper and help with power

Hey Beebo, do the MD Art pipes give off any gas smell or add any rasp/drone?
you do smell gas but there is no rasp or drone

more info here

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...art-pipes.html

Old 06-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
berks HFC

Old 06-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oem exhaust sounds the best..
I miss it even with my nismo s tune now...
Thing is who doesn't want more power...?

Old 06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM exhaust does sound nice on our cars but add more HP is a PLUS!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM
thats where MotorDyne ART pipes come in

Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
I'm right there with you. I don't want to lose that stock sound bc it's incredible! I am going with the v2 art pipes though very soon.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i really like the OEM exhaust i would go with HFC or art pipes

Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
According to his signature he already has F1 HFCs, if this is true most the suggestions you've made are worthless! MotorDynes exhaust will give you good gains in RWHP! Is it worth the $1K+ that's something you need to decide. I've had 5 exhaust sytems on SLICK and I only paid for 3. My current system (and I still like it best) HKS cost me $1800 after I had their restriction removed and the Magnflow crossover installed. Before you put out the big $$ for an exhaust system attend a few meets so you can hear the different systems in person. Vids are only as good as the equipment used and most came from WallMart or lesser stores....
Gary

Old 06-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
According to his signature he already has F1 HFCs, if this is true most the suggestions you've made are worthless! MotorDynes exhaust will give you good gains in RWHP! Is it worth the $1K+ that's something you need to decide. I've had 5 exhaust sytems on SLICK and I only paid for 3. My current system (and I still like it best) HKS cost me $1800 after I had their restriction removed and the Magnflow crossover installed. Before you put out the big $$ for an exhaust system attend a few meets so you can hear the different systems in person. Vids are only as good as the equipment used and most came from WallMart or lesser stores....
Gary
You're right Gary. I have the FI HFC's on her now. I should have been more clear in my opening but figured most would look at the sig to see what I was running. Good answers nonetheless.

I was basically concerned with the following:

~I love the current growl of the stock exhaust with HFC's on her. I was affraid a possible exhaust switch out would take that away and be replaced with a more raspy note. You're exactly right though. The only TRUE way to know for sure would be to hear it in person before I drop the coin on something I may not like.

~ I wanted to get some feedback from others that made the switch to see what they thought about it. Was it worth the price? Were there noticable gains? Did it enhance the great stock sound it already has. etc. etc.

I didn't want to shell out $$$$ on something with minimual gains you can't really feel or take away from the sound that is currently there. My guess is though that with the HFC's in place AND a Motordyne exhaust set-up, it could only improve on EVERYTHING currently on her.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Oops! Sorry, can't see sigs on my phone. Anyway, I have yet to hear an exhaust that keeps the stock sound.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Sorry for double post. I wanted to say my friend put a true skyline gtr exhaust on his 05 g35 and it sounds incredible! No rasp at all! He got it for like $400 off eBay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne Exhaust or keep OEM exhaust?