G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Given a g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by VincenzG35
I'd keep it I'm sick of stick its over rated but think of this u know the car Is in perfect condition why would you sell a perfect car for someone elses head ache and start making payments (assuming you have none) be greatful keep the car and just go with it.

I live in NJ but drive a lot in the city and MT are a PIA to me. So I choose an AT if your gonna race with it then MT is the way to go but I can't really see that being the reason so getting rid of a car with 1 Oil change that's barely broken in. Only reason I would sell is to put $20k down on a new house
The OP wants a 6mt. So obviously traffic isn't an issue. Plus it's more fun to drive a 6mt in traffic anyways.

And I'm in the OC/LA area. Pretty sure traffic here is a lot worse.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
I don't understand.
Why didnt your grandma go with a 6MT originally?

Old 07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Vincenz just gave solid advice...

Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by VincenzG35
I'd keep it I'm sick of stick its over rated but think of this u know the car Is in perfect condition why would you sell a perfect car for someone elses head ache and start making payments (assuming you have none) be greatful keep the car and just go with it.

I live in NJ but drive a lot in the city and MT are a PIA to me. So I choose an AT if your gonna race with it then MT is the way to go but I can't really see that being the reason so getting rid of a car with 1 Oil change that's barely broken in. Only reason I would sell is to put $20k down on a new house
It doesn't make sense for him to keep it especially if he isn't happy with having and auto, the great part is he can also make some money getting the 6mt.

See if you can sell it for around 20-21k then buy a 6mt g35 (with obviously higher mileage) for around 15k and enjoy the extra 5 grand in your pocket for taxes, titling, insurance, maintenence and mods...thats what I would do at least

Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
I have no idea who came up with this imaginary number that a 2005 G35 sedan is worth $20k. Some of you need to do some research and be realistic of the value of the car. I 100% agree with selling versus trying to be a smart a$$ and swap in a manual into an automatic G35. The value of a 2005 G35 Sedan is between $12k-17k. This is all dependent on mileage, options, condition and location. Here is a 2006 G35 that is for sale with Clean AUTOCHECK and has 7200 miles for $18k. The seller is leaving the country and the car is still for sale. You can typically negotiate 5%-10% right off the bat and usually more if they are desperate to sell and you have some skills.

The Grandma car is only worth $17k-$18k and a G35 in 6mt will run very close to that price. You might have $2000 left over but you will be taking on THOUSANDS of miles and an unknown vehicle history.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...aptcha=success

Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Keep it and mod it. ATs aren't that bad and with low mileage like that is rare!

Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by walshtj
Keep it and mod it. ATs aren't that bad and with low mileage like that is rare!

Kid...this is what I would do listen to what he is saying. Just get a Valve body upgrade, Bolt on mods / tune, add some ground wires to throttle body, ecu, battery, engine and transmission, get some new fluid in the tranny, diff, oil and upgrade the suspension and brakes. Just enjoy the vehicle but you are still dead set on getting a 6mt...then PM me we can trade

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...pics-vids.html

Old 07-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Speaking for your dear old granny, if you sell the car (even if she says its ok) she is gonna be pissed with you. When people give you something they are giving it to you as is, not for trades or something to turn into cash. If that was the case she woulds sold it and handed you the cash to make it easy. You will hurt her feelings if you sell it, and it'll probably be the last thing she ever gives you.

Keep the car, mod it out, and be happy with your gift!

The following users liked this post:
GeeGirl82 (08-06-2011)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
If you want a 6mt Sell your privately first and then get the 6mt. You dont want to start modding the 5at thinking you'll be happy with it. If a 6mt is what you want its what you want!

Originally i had a 5at i was in a rush to get a g35 coupe im like yeah whatever im ok with auto, i start modding it dumped a bunch of $$ into mods, then lost twice as much on it when i sold it few months later to buy a stock 6mt and started working on that

Get a 6mt if thats what you really want !

Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
I have no idea who came up with this imaginary number that a 2005 G35 sedan is worth $20k. Some of you need to do some research and be realistic of the value of the car. I 100% agree with selling versus trying to be a smart a$$ and swap in a manual into an automatic G35. The value of a 2005 G35 Sedan is between $12k-17k. This is all dependent on mileage, options, condition and location. Here is a 2006 G35 that is for sale with Clean AUTOCHECK and has 7200 miles for $18k. The seller is leaving the country and the car is still for sale. You can typically negotiate 5%-10% right off the bat and usually more if they are desperate to sell and you have some skills.

The Grandma car is only worth $17k-$18k and a G35 in 6mt will run very close to that price. You might have $2000 left over but you will be taking on THOUSANDS of miles and an unknown vehicle history.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...aptcha=success
idk if i missed the info somewhere but where did it say it was a sedan? but ima guess its a coupe cus its in the coupe section

faiz23 (07-28-2011)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
idk if i missed the info somewhere but where did it say it was a sedan? but ima guess its a coupe cus its in the coupe section
Man...you are totally right and not sure what I was thinking. In reality OP needs to post up specifics and he might have got a Auto Sedan from grandma and now wants 6mt coupe. If it is Coupe he got then it will be worth $19k-20k I totally agree on that and $17k as a sedan. Here is a coupe 2007 G35 that I found and again I am sure you can negotiate the price to lower than 20k and it is 2 years newer than grandma car. Also I linked a low mileage manual coupe as well to get a reference. No idea if OP's car or the 2 cars listed above are clean titles since no VIN is posted.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 07-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You know it's funny how biased this thread is, I'd bet most (if not all) of the comments to get rid of it and get a 6mt are from young people that currently have a 6mt (obviously because you can only truly be cool if you drive a 6mt... as seen from previous threads on the topic). I'm sure had this question been asked back when, due to cost, these cars were out of reach for most of the younger crowd there would have been a far more balanced response.

Now obviously if you want a 6mt then hey that's fine and only you can decide (in the end) if that's worth it but I for one would be thrilled to be handed a G with 5k on it and would never consider selling it right away simply to switch transmission type (either way... even if it were a 6mt and wanted an AT). Consider with many of the 6mt's you'll come across they will have been driven by people with a 'street racer' mindset and seen some questionable action (much of which will be from people that truly do not know how to properly drive an mt sport type car). I doubt grandma's 5AT has seen much action over the years, unless of course a younger driver has been taking it on occasional trips to the pharmacy to get grandma her medicine.

Consider grandma's feelings here as well and show enough appreciation to include her in the decision process, after all you have a wonderful grandmother there.

Best of Luck & Drive Safe!
Jason

messinax (08-06-2011)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
id keep it and use it as a cruise mobile and to take girls out with. nothing more awesome then to have a spare car be a freaking mint condition g35 coupe

Old 07-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
kid is ghey!
WRXBoy?...

https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...t-night-2.html

who's grandma would drive 5K miles only and give it away...

Well if it is...

Get a Trans-go shift kit... you'll be amazed by how much better it'll be than MT and plus only 5K miles?!?!!?.... it's almost a brand new car

Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by ImThatGirl
Speaking for your dear old granny, if you sell the car (even if she says its ok) she is gonna be pissed with you. When people give you something they are giving it to you as is, not for trades or something to turn into cash. If that was the case she woulds sold it and handed you the cash to make it easy. You will hurt her feelings if you sell it, and it'll probably be the last thing she ever gives you.

Keep the car, mod it out, and be happy with your gift!
^^ this

Why not just keep it? Its not every day a free car comes anyones way. Especially one with next to nothing miles. Enjoy it and appreciate it. Make your grandmother proud by taking care of the gift she gave you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Given a g35