G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What is this? HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
I don't have time to really get into it and here goes for nothing (edit: i realized i rambled to much ). I understand the kid was trolling towards the start and his attitude was utter crap. Over time and being part of this community for a short while I think he has really learned not to be a troll/di*k. It sucks that no one was around to teach him the basics and help him with his vehicle issues. He turned to us as a brotherhood/family for his vehicle issues. When I was young I did not have $$$ to spend at a shop getting stuff diagnose at $90/ hr. I would do my own troubleshooting and search the web to get answers. I would learn from others costly mistakes and try to spread my knowledge to help others out. I think we need to try an help this kid as much as we can. He has shown bad attitude in the past but now he is trying to get mature.

His topics are always fun / stressful but overtime he might become a good contributor to the forum. I would rather have a troll/contributor over a person that just lurks without providing any information. Even if he trolls many genuine members will throw in useful information and data into his trolling thread that other members will be able to read and search on the forums for ever. I hope you guys stay positive and the"03xg35" as well and provide useful information to all of us.

Kid...if you can find a mechanic who will do basic trouble shooting for a fair price then go to him to discuss some ideas. I don't want you spending $400 like the dealership wants for a compression / leakdown test. After the test comes back if he fails then that is more money to put a head-gasket in and parts on top. I am not sure how hard it is do to head-gasket on the VQ motors but it is truly a chore

If I can get a 50k miles motor for $800-$900, I would much rather invest into that then pay outrageous fees of $90/ hr to do diagnostics and end up needing a motor. We need to look into a cost to benefit analyses and see what will give us the best outcome for the least amount of money and effort. Doing leak down and compression is pretty much like changing spark plugs. It is very easy to do in your own backyard but might be very costly if you have to take it some where and add the TOW into the picture if it needs it. Try to do as much as you can with the help of a factory service manual, searching the forums and local friends/family.

Try to find mechanics on craigslist who are unemployed and working for cash on the side. You can ask them to show you if they have experience via resume or certifications. Having a mechanic/buddy who is reliable, fairly priced for labor and HONEST is priceless when owning a used car

Here is a perfect thread for you to read through on the forums about head gaskets. You need to research google for "vq35de head gasket forums" and read through all the thread to get an idea of what diagnostics people have done and how much it cost. THe labor hours for head gasket is 13.3hrs now imagine how long it takes to swap out a motor probably around that if not less time. The add costs of parts, sending off to machine shop if heads need to be machines. it adds up to almost getting a engine from a junkyard and swap it in.

http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-...ny-advice.html

http://www.6mt.net/forum/g35-sedan-2...ad-gasket.html

edit: CLIFF NOTES SINCE IT IS WAYYYY TO MUCH RAMBLING

Dude was dick
Dude got reamed by forum
Dude is trying to change
Lets all grow up and help
Do basic diagnostics without spending an arm n leg
Good thread on head gaskets

Old 08-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Clap... Clap... Clap... Clap... Well said.

Must be the heat, it's getting a little testy in here.

The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (08-07-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 03XG35
Last night I wanted to make sure the radiator fans worked, so I let the car heat up to normal temp. Then I turned on the A/c and left it on for about 5 mins. The A/c was cold and was working perfectly, but both of the fans were off!!!???? I thought the fans is what blew the cold air
Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5
Wrong and wrong. Your post, much like your username, is very IRREVELANT. I hate adding to this cynicism on this board, but don't post like you know everything. We're here to help people.
Perhaps you missed the context in which he asked about the radiator fans?

You are correct that the radiator fans can assist in moving air across the condenser to remove heat from the refrigerant.

They have nothing to do with blowing cold air into the cabin though, which was the point I attempted to make.

Thanks for clarifying my post. I don't generally have a lot of time to compose responses that have 0% chance of being taken out of context.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So if the A/c is on should the fans be on? That's my question, because I turned my AC on and the fans were not moving, the engine was also at normal temp with the A/c on.

I'm asking because my problem of overheating could be as simple as the fans are broken. And maybe the oil looks terrible because it needs a change, I haven't changed it since I got the car and it's been driven a lot.

SO that bring up a new question, if the fans are not working, could that be why the coolant broils and gets drained from the reservoir

Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If the fans aren't working take it to the dealership. There is a recall on the fans or switch. Dealership should fix it under warranty.

I think it's time you take it somewhere. Internet diagnostic doesn't work.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Fan recall is only for 2004-2007 model by factory. I think they changed from a mechanical clutch to a electric fan setup from 2003 to 2004. Here is the recall letter and hopefully the dealership will work with you on the recall and find a way to qualify you.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...an-motors.html

Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
seriously? this guy again?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.