G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2006 G35 Coupe Evaluation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 G35 Coupe Evaluation

I'm still looking for a G35 coupe. This one is located near me. Could some of you guys look at the link I am attaching and give me your honest evaluation of this car as far as appearance, price (which I know is probably very negotiable) and potential issues to look for in a car with 60K miles?

http://backwebs.homenetinc.com/param...V54E46M700783/

Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
please search.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 AM
About what I figured. However, this particular car is NOT in the search.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I probably won't be much help but at the very least, I'm not gonna tell you to search.

IMO, the car looks worthy of checking out. And for the asking price with the mileage, seems pretty fair to me especially at a dealership. But as we all know, in this economy, they'll come down.

I've only had my '05 G coupe for a year and a half and it's only got 32k on it so I haven't looked into what to look for in particular but when looking at any car, I always look to see if all VIN numbers match on the panels, maintenance records are always a plus, and I always look for any abnormal wear and tear. I also look at all of the fluids. Tranny especially for color and smell.

Hope that helps. I live in Statesville BTW!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Looks to be a nice coupe but verify year, 06' didn't have the ironing board rear spoiler.
It may be an 05' or an 06' with earlier model spoiler.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by rajun asian
I probably won't be much help but at the very least, I'm not gonna tell you to search.

IMO, the car looks worthy of checking out. And for the asking price with the mileage, seems pretty fair to me especially at a dealership. But as we all know, in this economy, they'll come down.

I've only had my '05 G coupe for a year and a half and it's only got 32k on it so I haven't looked into what to look for in particular but when looking at any car, I always look to see if all VIN numbers match on the panels, maintenance records are always a plus, and I always look for any abnormal wear and tear. I also look at all of the fluids. Tranny especially for color and smell.

Hope that helps. I live in Statesville BTW!

Thank you very much. That is the kind of sensible answer I was looking for but I have had quite a few people who are on this forum tell me that there are a lot of members on here who do NOT want to help out. I mentioned that I did not search for this particular car because every car is unique and therefore requires individual scrutiny.
That was all good advice you gave me. I truly appreciate it. I should have known a local guy would be most helpful. Thanks again!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Price is fair and looks to be in good shape, the spoiler must have been an add on. Go drive it!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by irishsig
Looks to be a nice coupe but verify year, 06' didn't have the ironing board rear spoiler.
It may be an 05' or an 06' with earlier model spoiler.
The Carfax indicates the car was manufactured and shipped to the selling dealer on 09/12/2005 making it a very early 2006. In fact, it was the 783rd car made that year. However, I have seen that spoiler on other 2006s. I was under the impression that both spoilers were available on all years of the G35 coupe. It is definitely a 2006 according to the Carfax and the VIN.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by maximized98
Price is fair and looks to be in good shape, the spoiler must have been an add on. Go drive it!!!
You are exactly right. I had not looked at the rear window before to see if it had a 3rd brake light in it. But this one does which would indicate it came with no spoiler from the factory. I normally look for that on a spoiler car but totally missed it on this one. Good catch!!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by dooscoop32
Thank you very much. That is the kind of sensible answer I was looking for but I have had quite a few people who are on this forum tell me that there are a lot of members on here who do NOT want to help out. I mentioned that I did not search for this particular car because every car is unique and therefore requires individual scrutiny.
That was all good advice you gave me. I truly appreciate it. I should have known a local guy would be most helpful. Thanks again!
With the most repsectful way possible I will add that the point of the forum is to create a place to talk out things, and build a "database" of knowledge.

I am completely willing to help out, but mostly for new/harder to solve problems. I've posted plenty of times to help others, but perhaps you should put in a little time before you purchase your G and read for yourself. Just put in a little work and you can learn a ton of things. Honestly, our most technical guys don't spend alot time in the general V35c forum. That's where a good chunk of the DIYs/common issues exist. Oooh, I just helped you.

Car price is dependent upon location and condition, and what you are willing to pay. I waited for over 1.5yrs to find my car. It seems to me there is a bigger jump from 05-6 then 04-5 but maybe that's just my opinion.

Since I'm so unwilling to help out:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...ot-some-s.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...g35-coupe.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...-05-coupe.html

That came from search terms "buy coupe issues" using advanced search for the V35c forum only.

Good luck with your purchase. It's got the wrong style spoiler for it's model year and that dent should be an easy negotiation during purchase. I'd say it's priced fairly for a dealer but you can have them come down a little more on that.

Other things that you should check:

Transverse link bushings
Compression rod bushings
Color of AT fluid
condition of very inner part of front tires
Window motor function

Old 07-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
From the pics it looks to be in decent condition. Sports Premium package for sure. keyless entry.

Other than that, can't tell if there's any mechanical problems with out test drive and/or a more in-depth visual inspection.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Thank you for the inut.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
@ 60k, the valvecovers needs to be replaced. Oil will start to leak onto the plugs. This is something no one looks at.

That should run you about $190 each per cover. Might as well replace the plugs while your at it. Cost at dealership for all this should be 1k or more.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
@ 60k, the valvecovers needs to be replaced. Oil will start to leak onto the plugs. This is something no one looks at.

That should run you about $190 each per cover. Might as well replace the plugs while your at it. Cost at dealership for all this should be 1k or more.
It usually doesn't affect performance though, it's just annoying.

I was at 92k and only one seal was leaking.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just looked at the car again and noticed that it didn't have the rear splash guards. Is that how the sports premium package comes? Because IMO it looks much better if it has them. I'm still learning about the G myself so.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 G35 Coupe Evaluation