G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe Uncomfortable Driver's Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there is a TSB you can have done at the dealer to add more foam or remove the mount plate holding the seat controls on the right side of the seat . This may relieve some right leg pressure/pain for those mentioning it. Wish I could give you more info on the TSB. I remember seeing it, try a forum search. Hope it helps.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Try several aftermarket adjustable seats at a large auto accessories store and buy your favourite. I bought Sparco Milano's in black Alcantara synthetic suede for my RX-7 and would not go back to the stock seats.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by speedeezx
If I'm not mistaken there is a TSB you can have done at the dealer to add more foam or remove the mount plate holding the seat controls on the right side of the seat . This may relieve some right leg pressure/pain for those mentioning it. Wish I could give you more info on the TSB. I remember seeing it, try a forum search. Hope it helps.
I had the TSB service done Summer of last year, a few months after I bought the car. It definitely helped relieve the pain I was having (I'm 6'0" 220 lbs), so I recommend at least trying it before any of the more expensive remedies.

The control location unfortunately causes a bit of a hard spot in the right hip bolster. They could've done better with that design. (Whatever happened to this seat from the pre-release brochure anyway?)

Old 12-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I find the seats very comfortable, however, I do need to adjust or remove my wallet unlike other cars I've sat in (like my gf's RX300). You might also try adjusting the seat especially the angle of it, maybe it's too high or too low. However, I'm 5'10" 175lbs, so I may be the target audience.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:57 PM
6' and 160lb yes i'm a skinny ****
seats are fine for me. i just don't like it when i get in, the left edge always gets sat on first creasing the leather =\

Old 12-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xswl0931
I find the seats very comfortable, however, I do need to adjust or remove my wallet unlike other cars I've sat in (like my gf's RX300). You might also try adjusting the seat especially the angle of it, maybe it's too high or too low. However, I'm 5'10" 175lbs, so I may be the target audience.
I have a pretty bad back, (herniated two discs twice)... Surgeon told me to never sit with my wallet in my back pocket, because it will pinch your sciatic nerve causing pain down your leg, as well as numbness. Doing this repeatedly can cause permentent nerve damage, resulting in tingling, numbness, pain, etc. And it won't necessarily appear to happen at the same time. IE, you can sit on your wallet, but you won't have pain until later in the day, etc.

Old 12-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by dux16
[B]Hey everybody. I'm new to this forum, and just like everyone else I wish to find some answers here.

I have a 2003 G Coupe and I absolutely love it. The only problem that I have with it, is my seat. 80% of all times it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

-- First off for some reason Infiniti engineers thought that everyone's shoulder span should be no more than 10 inches long, becuase this is, leterally, how much back space you have. This tends to get very uncomfortable in rides longer than 15-20 minutes. My back is NEVER firly against the seat. It's merely against 2 curved sides of the seat.

-- Another problem is (for the lack of knowing a better way to describing this) the 2 curved parts of your seat on both sides, especially the right one, where your seat rises up , or buckets up, or whatever you wanna call it, I hope you guys understand, is impossible to move your legs around, almost. Because of a such poor support to one's body, my back often cramps up after 20 minutes or so, and sometimes my leg (right one) starts hurting.

Would anyone please tell me if you have any problems like these whatsoever or anything resembling these problems. And is there anything that can be done, like cushions, supports, so on, in order to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Mine was not very comfortable when I first bought it, it seemed too narrow for my back and shoulders, but in the few months I've had it the seat has broken in nicely and is quite comfortable now. Maybe you just need to open her up a little more so you get pinned to the seat allowing it to break in properly =)

Old 12-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by cynicaL102
6' and 160lb yes i'm a skinny ****
seats are fine for me. i just don't like it when i get in, the left edge always gets sat on first creasing the leather =\

Thats not to bad I don't think...I mean I'm 6' 170lbs, and when I'm in season for soccer I'm between 160-165lbs and I don't think I'm that skinny...But compared to the guy who said a few posts up that he was 6' 220, we'd both be considered tooth picks...haha No offense "Kojo"...As soon as I'm through with soccer I'll be well on my way to the 200lb range...

Old 12-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by copbait
Mine was not very comfortable when I first bought it, it seemed too narrow for my back and shoulders, but in the few months I've had it the seat has broken in nicely and is quite comfortable now. Maybe you just need to open her up a little more so you get pinned to the seat allowing it to break in properly =)

What do you mean by saying Open Her Up a little more, so you get pinned to the seat?

Old 12-15-2004, 01:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep in mind guys that these are seats designed to hold you in place. It will feel tight compared to say...a Ford Taurus's Seat. The seats also allow for very little slouching. Making sure the seat is adjusted in such a way that forces you to sit upright will probably help. You guys should try a real racing seat and you will know what I mean. You can't sit in these kind of seats the way you do in your recliner in front of the TV. These are real driving seats.

Old 12-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by dux16
What do you mean by saying Open Her Up a little more, so you get pinned to the seat?

This is a joke right? What I think he meant was, stomp on the gas so that your body gets forced back into the seat...He was jokingly implying that by driving the car hard, the force from his body being thrown back would slowly soften the seats...haha I don't feel right having to explain this...

Old 12-15-2004, 02:54 AM
for the right leg pain, dont lay your knee on the console, move closer to the seat controls (I know that sounds contradictory) as it will help you keep your leg parallel to the cushion. Also, never put your wallet on the right side. You should be golden in a few days driving that way. When I first got the car, I was literally limping later that day after a few hard left hand turns. However, a year and a half later, and keeping the seat further back, not resting my leg at an angle (or on the console) and I've had absolutely no more pain. And I've been on a 2200 mile road trip with it.

Old 12-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Remove the wallet, cant the seat backwards, pump the lumbar up to maximum. I should know, I am 6'3 260 former D1 football player, and my butt, legs, and shoulders are huge. I have the problem of bridging on the back and butt. My lower back is in pain after a long drive. I am considering switching seats. I love this car but man, the seats need to be bigger.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I love the seats on the G35, just have to find the right postion.

btw, I am 5'11" and around 145lbs.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
fix for Muscarel

I love the seats, except.....it feels like there is something hard that pokes into might right leg. I think it may be the power seat controls (inside the bolster). I thought this might be normal, but does anyone else feel the same thing? I'm 5'11, 185 lbs, so I don't think it's my size.

Hey Muscarel

Check this TSB out. It should help.
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-018.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe Uncomfortable Driver's Seat