G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Official 2012 G35 Calendar picture submission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official 2012 G35 Calendar picture submission

Hey Everyone,

For the past 2 years I have put together the Official RX7 FD Calendar (see pics below) , and I thought it'd be cool to make a G35 coupe calendar this year since my DD is a G35.

How it works: Members of the forum submit pictures in this thread, after a couple months I sort them into various poll threads and everyone one votes for their favorites. I then make the calendar and sell it in a group buy. Think of it as a calendar for the forum, by the forum.

In order to get orders out by christmas time, I need to receive pictures over the next 4 weeks. Then the voting will begin.

I'm looking for artistic shots, so even if your car is amazing it may not make it, the picture as a whole needs to look good. You can post whatever resolution you want on here, but if you are selected to be in the calendar, you must have the same picture in high resolution (at least 1MB), or else it won't look good when the calendar is actually printed. (Last year I couldn't use 3 of the winners because they didn't have high res pics when it came time for me to make the calendar)

When submitting your picture, you must provide a brief statement saying that I can use the picture for the calendar (and if you didn't take the picture yourself, you need to have the photographer provide approval (if they aren't a member, please just ask for my email address). If you don't perform this step, your picture won't be included in the polls (last year one of the winners didn't get into the final calendar because the photographer wouldn't provide approval).

If you are interested in being a sponsor, please send me a PM. The sponsorship will help bring the price down for forum members, and the sponsor will get similar calendar space as what is seen in the pics below. You get your shop or company name in the footer of the picture for 3 months of the calendar, and your contact information is listed as a holiday in each month of the calendar.

Calendars will be ready for purchase in the beginning of December (in time to receive them and give them out as Holiday gifts). Price will most likely be between $15-$20 shipped.

Examples from last year's RX7 calendar. Each picture has the forum member's screen name, and the name of the monthly sponsor.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Coupes only??

Are you making a profit on these or are you going to sell these at your cost?

Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Ooo, this sounds wonderful. Wish my car was ready :-p Or, wish I had a decent picture at least :-p I LOVE my avatar picture in HD, but you can't even tell it's on my G so... ._. I look forward to the progress of this calendar!

Old 09-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
As good of an ideas as this sounds... wouldn't this be considered IP infringement and potentially could result in you getting sued back to the stone age?

Old 09-21-2011, 05:29 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Coupes only??

Old 09-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Sweet, this sounds like a great idea.. Looking forward to seeing the end result

Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Coupes only??

I would also like to know this as well. Gotta show some love to the Sedans and also some sort of respect for the photographer who took the images.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Coupes only??

Last year I made about $200 in profit. But if I were to factor in the amount of hours I spent replying to threads, sorting pictures, making voting polls, requesting permissions, and trips back and forth to the post office, I'd be well in the negative in terms of profit. I don't see how any profit I make is of anyone's concern, it's something I enjoy doing because I love my cars and find the forums useful sometimes. Every day calendars sell for between $15-$20, mine is no different.

Originally Posted by TripleHBK
As good of an ideas as this sounds... wouldn't this be considered IP infringement and potentially could result in you getting sued back to the stone age?
It could be, but I don't include pictures in the final calendar until I have permission from the photographer. This is why I requested that when you submit a picture, you state that I have permission to use it, and if you didn't take the picture, you have to have the photographer email me.

Here is how its been done for the past 2 years (now in its 3rd year): http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=969192

As you can see, the process is pretty easy to follow, so if this turns into too much hassle, I just won't do it, no skin off my back.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:03 AM
And the photographer can always include a subtle watermark in the corner of his picture.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:35 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by CHudson Coupe
Last year I made about $200 in profit. But if I were to factor in the amount of hours I spent replying to threads, sorting pictures, making voting polls, requesting permissions, and trips back and forth to the post office, I'd be well in the negative in terms of profit. I don't see how any profit I make is of anyone's concern, it's something I enjoy doing because I love my cars and find the forums useful sometimes. Every day calendars sell for between $15-$20, mine is no different.
It is a concern because per our forum rules you can not sell multiple quantities of an item at a profit without being a vendor. As others have noted there would also be copyright concerns related to using images which you don't own, but that could be resolved by contacting the photog who took the photo and getting their permission to use the photo for the calendar. Let me run this by the rest of the staff, I'll be contacting you soon on this.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Ok thank you. Please keep in mind, I'm not selling anything yet. On the other forum, once the calendar is complete and ready for sale, I sign up as a temporary vendor.

I should have checked here first, I had assumed it was the same structure here as well. Just let me know if you need any other info, we can switch to PM's to work out any details if you'd like.

Lets get some pictures on here, the RX7 club is way ahead of you guys!

Old 09-21-2011, 12:18 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
very interested as long as the mods approve...Subscribing to see what happens...and definately think it should be sedans and coupes...I drive a coupe, but gotta spread the love...

And if the guy makes a small profit, is it really that horrible? come on now....

Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Interested also..

Old 09-21-2011, 03:01 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
I have a few I wouldn't mind submitting, but I'd have to contact the photographer and wheel manufacturer that the images were taken for first.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
i think its a cool idea and its fine if he makes a few buck off it. This is a time consuming project and time is money . even though it might not fit the bill perfectly, itll get the ball rolling....

my buddys 350z and my g35

and my G as it sits last sunday, just before a meet... (better ones to come)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2012 G35 Calendar picture submission