G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help my ears are bleeding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Maybe you just got a really bad copy.
Bad copy....^....the results of buying knockoffs rather than spending a few more $$ and buying what really works. How many members are unhappy with their trash knockoff exhaust? I no longer wave the HKS flag, they lost me when their quality took a dump. MotorDyne's exhaust is the best for our G35s thru quality and sound not to mention RWHP gains!! Now Xet you can get excited....
Gary

Old 11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Bad copy....^....the results of buying knockoffs rather than spending a few more $$ and buying what really works. How many members are unhappy with their trash knockoff exhaust? I no longer wave the HKS flag, they lost me when their quality took a dump. MotorDyne's exhaust is the best for our G35s thru quality and sound not to mention RWHP gains!! Now Xet you can get excited....
Gary
I love MD products, and if I could justify the $1k+ exhaust systems from them (or if I was just rolling in money) there is no other exhaust other than maybe amuse that I would even consider.

I agree he really got a bad copy, but I have never heard of anyone having anywhere near the problems he must have had to be cutting and welding. Quite surprising, makes me wonder which one he got and from who.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Severe
what did you do delete resonators? tell me asap!!!!
Nope it's all stock exhaust. I opened up the mid pipe n put bolts so air can leak. I did it for temporary use but I completely fell in love with the sound. It sounds better than any exauhst systems out there IMO even better than MD dare i say. It sounds very aggresive and the grumble is sick it sounds like a cobra so now I'm getting an electronic cutout. So I can open n close it when ever I want since it's my daily driver n it will give me a lil more HP since the cutout will be installed under the engine. I'm getting it done for $350...since the guy did my bosses Z28 he gave me a deal.I say go for a cutout

Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Addict
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by sharkcityG
Nope it's all stock exhaust. I opened up the mid pipe n put bolts so air can leak. I did it for temporary use but I completely fell in love with the sound. It sounds better than any exauhst systems out there IMO even better than MD dare i say. It sounds very aggresive and the grumble is sick it sounds like a cobra so now I'm getting an electronic cutout. So I can open n close it when ever I want since it's my daily driver n it will give me a lil more HP since the cutout will be installed under the engine. I'm getting it done for $350...since the guy did my bosses Z28 he gave me a deal.I say go for a cutout
so what should i say to do it like you when i go to the shop? what do i tell em to do to my mid pipe? but bolts??? or what? i dont want to do the electronic cutout cause i dont understand whats it for....and i also have berks high flow cats so do you think itll give me rasp also is there any flyby videos of your car to get an idea? sorry im just really interested.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Addict
Originally Posted by Xet
I love MD products, and if I could justify the $1k+ exhaust systems from them (or if I was just rolling in money) there is no other exhaust other than maybe amuse that I would even consider.

I agree he really got a bad copy, but I have never heard of anyone having anywhere near the problems he must have had to be cutting and welding. Quite surprising, makes me wonder which one he got and from who.
i got it from henrystatik ....i believe my berks high flow cats give it more a rasp sound....i cant put my factory cats because they went bad which caused me to upgrade to berks...

Old 11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
so what should i say to do it like you when i go to the shop? what do i tell em to do to my mid pipe? but bolts??? or what? i dont want to do the electronic cutout cause i dont understand whats it for....and i also have berks high flow cats so do you think itll give me rasp also is there any flyby videos of your car to get an idea? sorry im just really interested.
Well it's like running an open pipe search on YouTube "washer mod" you'll find a video demonstrated on 300zx if you decided to do it tho try it for a week first. The bad is you'll lose backend pressure and you'll get less mpg but it's gonna sound bad ***. That's why the cutout is the best way to go. Trust me it's worth it.....I got a shitttty flyby video I can email it to u if you want if you shoot me ur email.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey dude heres a shittty video of me trying to do a flyby I had it on my phone for a long time uploaded it for u I'll remove it after a week or so or shoot a better one http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-goog...?v=vgDqtQ025Fs

Old 11-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Addict
Hey dude heres a shittty video of me trying to do a flyby I had it on my phone for a long time uploaded it for u I'll remove it after a week or so or shoot a better one http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-goog...?v=vgDqtQ025Fs
wow that sounds sick!!! but i wonder how it would sound with high flow cats but i would try it...the washer mod first and then if i like it ill do the cutout............................................ .......so basically if i dont like it i can put it back how it was before if i do the washer mod?

Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
What did you do to the exhaust lol

Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Addict
a washer mod

Old 11-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
i really like this sound. Maybe? Just an idea for when ever you decide to change it for the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQBLH...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smmSHrYc3U
That exhaust sounds amazing.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:09 AM
wow that sounds sick!!! but i wonder how it would sound with high flow cats but i would try it...the washer mod first and then if i like it ill do the cutout............................................ .......so basically if i dont like it i can put it back how it was before if i do the washer mod?

Yeah it's completely reversible. go for it n try it out for like a week. Idk how it will sound with your high flow cats but mine is all stock n I just love it

Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by STAP IT
What did you do to the exhaust lol
Washer mod. Now cutout

Old 11-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have had this exhaust on for 4 months now, and I hate it, between 2000-3100 it is insanely loud, I'm completely dissapointed with it. I'll prob go back to stock soon

Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by maximized98
I have had this exhaust on for 4 months now, and I hate it, between 2000-3100 it is insanely loud, I'm completely dissapointed with it. I'll prob go back to stock soon
Just be glad you have stock cats lol. Or do you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help my ears are bleeding