G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help my ears are bleeding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Addict
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Help my ears are bleeding

as you can see my exhaust sounds toooo loud the setup i have is berks high flow cats and m2 performance exhaust (hks replica) well im thinking of going back to stock asap....or getting a magna flow x pipe i paid 174 for install smh n i im so pissed it didnt come out like i expected can anyone give me any suggestions please...

Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Discover music and the volume controls.
Insulate your vehicle with products such as Dynamat.
Get use to it. (My ARK exhaust hurt at first. Granted, I kept music off specifically to listen to it, now I don't.)
Sell it and go OEM or a quieter exhaust.

GL sexy boy

The following users liked this post:
acee (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Haha I had the EXACT same set up as you and I went back to stock. It just sounds terrible. I couldn't even talk on my phone bc off all the rasp and drone. I sold my hks rep and am in the process of selling my berks hfc. I thought of just keeping the berks with the stock exhaust but dam am I happy to be back to the stock note. I also thought of doing the magnaflow x pipe but I just felt like that could be a waste to buy it and have it installed and possibly still hate it.

acee (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Is it really that loud? Your in an alley that sound bounces off everything making it 3x louder. Well, it did sound pretty terrible but try a different setup. You can go Fast Intension all the way. HFC and exhaust. that should sound better.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
god that sounds awful

acee (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Addict
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
Haha I had the EXACT same set up as you and I went back to stock. It just sounds terrible. I couldn't even talk on my phone bc off all the rasp and drone. I sold my hks rep and am in the process of selling my berks hfc. I thought of just keeping the berks with the stock exhaust but dam am I happy to be back to the stock note. I also thought of doing the magnaflow x pipe but I just felt like that could be a waste to buy it and have it installed and possibly still hate it.
best advice !! definitely going stock....but im keeping my berks i think they are worth it plus my stock cats were going bad.

Last edited by acee; 11-07-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Addict
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Is it really that loud? Your in an alley that sound bounces off everything making it 3x louder. Well, it did sound pretty terrible but try a different setup. You can go Fast Intension all the way. HFC and exhaust. that should sound better.
definitely might go with exotic speed or invidia but they are too expensive at the moment for me but a lesson learned and now i will have to save up for one hopefully by next summer....

Old 11-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Yes it really is that loud and obnoxious lol.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by CLEANBS
god that sounds awful
Poor quality recording camera plus recording in a confined area like that isn't going to sound accurate in the least bit. You mayyyyyy be able to get an idea of the volume, but not really that accurately since it was in an enclosed space.

OP, the magnaflow x-pipes will quiet it a bit, but it will more just remove any rasp/drone. If the exhaust is too loud for you, then it just isn't right for you. Looks like you jumped into an exhaust setup you didn't really get a good idea about first and now you will need to change it back. Everyone has their different tolerances to exhaust noise levels, you seem to be one of the few that don't like anything over stock levels.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
Poor quality recording camera plus recording in a confined area like that isn't going to sound accurate in the least bit. You mayyyyyy be able to get an idea of the volume, but not really that accurately since it was in an enclosed space.

OP, the magnaflow x-pipes will quiet it a bit, but it will more just remove any rasp/drone. If the exhaust is too loud for you, then it just isn't right for you. Looks like you jumped into an exhaust setup you didn't really get a good idea about first and now you will need to change it back. Everyone has their different tolerances to exhaust noise levels, you seem to be one of the few that don't like anything over stock levels.

There are zero videos of berks/hks rep so yea pretty much no way he(or I) could have known. It's not really the loudness for me, more the way it sounds, which was terrible. I'm sure if you like the sound, the loudness wouldn't bother you as much.

acee (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
i really like this sound. Maybe? Just an idea for when ever you decide to change it for the better.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
There are zero videos of berks/hks rep so yea pretty much no way he(or I) could have known. It's not really the loudness for me, more the way it sounds, which was terrible. I'm sure if you like the sound, the loudness wouldn't bother you as much.
Although it wouldn't sound exactly the same as with all other hfc or even tp setups, you can get a reasonable idea. And he stated it was the loudness, I don't see how he didn't get the idea it would be loud if he even watched some clips of the exhaust with any hfcs or tps.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Making a recording in an enclosed area like that only makes it sound much worse. I have the authentic HKS HP exhaust with Magnflows X-Pipe and BERK'S and it sounds nothing like yours. In fact at speed you can't hear my exhaust while driving! Must be the replica exhaust....
Gary

Old 11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Making a recording in an enclosed area like that only makes it sound much worse. I have the authentic HKS HP exhaust with Magnflows X-Pipe and BERK'S and it sounds nothing like yours. In fact at speed you can't hear my exhaust while driving! Must be the replica exhaust....
Gary
No, it's obviously the x pipe.

mistuhlayzee (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
Although it wouldn't sound exactly the same as with all other hfc or even tp setups, you can get a reasonable idea. And he stated it was the loudness, I don't see how he didn't get the idea it would be loud if he even watched some clips of the exhaust with any hfcs or tps.
Wrong, no hks rep and tp or hfc combo sounded anything like mine. I'm telling you, this is a bad set up lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help my ears are bleeding