G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Thinking of buying a G35 but cant decide.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm 19 and I bought my G about a year ago and it was my first car, still no accidents nor tickets (knock on wood) I would choose the G over GTI anyday

Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
opinions are useless in this case. Kind of like, "do you like my headlights" or "what mod should I do to make my car look better". You will never have a full consensus answer. Just a bunch of random crap.
Again how do u see urself??? On a gti -_-..... or a nice pu$$y magnet g35 !!! Bit u can't go wrong with a G.

Just for the love and respect of the G, drive responsibly!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The G35 in my opinion is not a good first car. You should get a cheap car as mentioned and then upgrade to something nicer after you have a couple years exp. I vote for the GTI.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Get the GTI and get efficient with manual shifting. You want your first car to be a daily driver...because a detail maniac like me won't take the G out unless the conditions are right haha.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by KnowScott
The G35 in my opinion is not a good first car. You should get a cheap car as mentioned and then upgrade to something nicer after you have a couple years exp. I vote for the GTI.
The GTI cost more

Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
A lot of good advise in this thread.
If you're dead set on either the GTI or Gs that you have posted I would go for the Blue 06'.
It has less than half the miles of the GTI and the color is rare among Gs.
Just keep in mind that it isn't the greatest car for 2 or more Friends and the trunk is small.
I love my coupe and these issues have never bothered me, for some it does.
Test drive both and see for yourself.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
How old is the OP? He never gave his age. Nor did he say how much driving experience he's had. Judging by it being his first car, you can assume that he's 16 - 20 with little to no driving experience. But assumptions mean nothing. By the time I got my first car I was 21 and had already driven across the country and back (I was 22 on the way back).

In the end, it's your decision. In my biased opinion I say G, but you shouldn't really expect otherwise from a G35 enthusiast forum. If I got the GTI, any G I saw on the road would make me feel terrible inside. It's *almost* that way when I see the new Camaros (they were my second choice, but I am VERY pleased that I chose the path I did). I love my car and wouldn't trade it for the world (yes I would -- $35 - 40k and you can have it). But there are a lot of hidden costs when you get the G.

Making the assumption that others have made (and OP has yet to deny), you're a younger guy and your money may not be tight, but it's not free flowing either. In a GTI you get better MPG, and I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay for premium gas as well (don't quote me on that). When I got my G, I threw a fit when gas hit $3.09/gallon..... now I'm excited when I see $4.05. Maintenance costs at the dealer for the G will cost you a paycheck or two (again, assuming you're younger and working a "younger person" job). Based on my own experience, you'll have an incurable need for speed. The power you get from a G vs. a GTI only amplifies that need. I was always doing over 100mph in my first car (which, by the way, was a van that topped out at 107 and had I think 216 horses - again don't quote me on that). Luckily, I've never been the driver in any accidents nor have I received any tickets (I've been pulled over once for doing 45 in a 35). You're not guaranteed to be this lucky. Fixing damages from an accident on a luxury vehicle tends to cost far more than regular cars.

My final recommendation is to do what partyman66 suggested: get a beater. If you're really into modding, you will be able to learn a lot from either fixing it up or modding it. Two or three years down the road you may not even want a G35 (not to mention by then it will be a 6 - 11 year old car). Either you put all your chips up now and get a G, or put in minimal chips and get a beater. The in between (GTI) is just a waste of time and money. It's really about satisfaction now vs. money for possibly greater satisfaction later. As I said before it's your decision in the end. We can only give you our opinions based on our own experiences (or experiences of people we know). Armed with the insight many have given you in this thread, go out and do what's best for you!

Last edited by J-NaDa; 11-16-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
I'd go for that blue 06 G and try to talk them down to about $15-15.5K.

The climate control/radio button on that first G (the black 03) you posted are sunken in; like someone was punching the buttons with a hammer, or maybe had an aftermarket radio and quickly swapped it out to trade the car in. Either way, it's a tell-tail sign it wasn't well taken care of.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by shiznito0
true true and thats why im searching for a good deal for the g35
there is barely any, i live in woodbridge, va..
NOVA=$$$$$$$

Search in a wider radius. Im sure that there are a few in the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) for a good price.

Baller.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by Frigid
NOVA=$$$$$$$

Search in a wider radius. Im sure that there are a few in the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) for a good price.

Baller.
I widened my search and was able to pick one up just across the border in PA for the best price.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
+1 for having either cars as first cars
both are sexy cars. I love my G so i would definitely go for it, not auto for sure though

Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Get both (:

Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Get the Gti, it's newer. my 04g is a 6mt, and i can say that you never want to start learning on it. I still screw up shifting sometimes. oh and if there's snow? Yeah, much safer to just walk.. i live in chicago btw so the weather get crazy here. :]

Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
^ Yeah but it has more than double the miles than the G (blue).
They're all autos too.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
So apparently, i can just get a better car, since my budget is 22k..
im considering american muscle now.. hmm any opinions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a G35 but cant decide.