G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

So many bolt-on's but so little dyno HP - Dyno Vid Included

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
I gained 24 RWHP & 18 LBS torque when I had SLICK at SpecialtyZ for her Osiris tune. Those are real gains you can feel and I was totally satisfied with the results....Gary
Gary, do you recall your final output numbers or have your dyno sheet you could post?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by NismoS13vg
get cat by-passer,,no cats F! smog they still fit ur o2 sensors
Heh...would you keep saying that if you got fined $20,000 for not having cats (fine is 10K per missing cat)?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Revo
Heh...would you keep saying that if you got fined $20,000 for not having cats (fine is 10K per missing cat)?
Holy crap! Glad I live in a state that doesn't do inspections.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Yikes! Is that seriously the fine for not having cats in CA? Im in San Diego so good thing I didnt get those ART pipes Ive been eyeing up. Went with the Berk HFC's instead which I know is still not technically legal but safer than no cats at all. Any idea what the fine is for replacing your cats with HFC's?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by paulgsch
Yikes! Is that seriously the fine for not having cats in CA? Im in San Diego so good thing I didnt get those ART pipes Ive been eyeing up. Went with the Berk HFC's instead which I know is still not technically legal but safer than no cats at all. Any idea what the fine is for replacing your cats with HFC's?
Sorry it looks like I was incorrect. I was told $10K by someone I trust and it didn't sound impossible (with the EPA nuts here in CA and all...) so I assumed it was correct. I dust did some research and read a CARB document that stated it was $2500 - not 10K - but it's still PER violation. So 2 cats = 2 violations = $5000 (still an ungodly amount).

HFC are kind of a "it depends" situation. You aren't legally allowed to change/remove any properly functioning cat. However, if your OEM cats fail you can replace them with whatever you want so long as your car passes emissions. So, if you put in HFC's that just so happen to allow you to pass the sniffer, you're good to go.

I would, however, have "proof" that your factory cats failed (either keeping the damaged ones somewhere in your garage or maybe a failed sniffer) - since otherwise they'll just claim you took them off on purpose to put the HFC's on.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:51 AM
Sorry it looks like I was incorrect. I was told $10K by someone I trust and it didn't sound impossible (with the EPA nuts here in CA and all...) so I assumed it was correct. I dust did some research and read a CARB document that stated it was $2500 - not 10K - but it's still PER violation. So 2 cats = 2 violations = $5000 (still an ungodly amount).

HFC are kind of a "it depends" situation. You aren't legally allowed to change/remove any properly functioning cat. However, if your OEM cats fail you can replace them with whatever you want so long as your car passes emissions. So, if you put in HFC's that just so happen to allow you to pass the sniffer, you're good to go.

I would, however, have "proof" that your factory cats failed (either keeping the damaged ones somewhere in your garage or maybe a failed sniffer) - since otherwise they'll just claim you took them off on purpose to put the HFC's on.
Thanks for the info and doing the research! I have the Berk HFC's but have yet to get it smogged with this setup. I've heard that the Berks do pass though. Does anyone know if the Motordyne XYZ pipe with HFC passes in CA with test pipes?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 PM
As mentioned above...does anyone know if the Motordyne XYZ pipe with HFC passes in CA with test or ART pipes? The ideal setup would be to run the ART pipes in place of the HFC's then run the XYZ pipe with the single HFC adapter (if it passes CA emissions)???

Link to ART pipes and XYZ pipe:
http://www.motordyneengineering.com/...4efd705dfd969a

Old 02-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Who did your tune?

Since you have a tune, do you have a before and after results of the tune?

Old 02-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jairen
Who did your tune?

Since you have a tune, do you have a before and after results of the tune?
The tune was done on a Dynojet @ Stillen.

Before: 245whp / 235wtq
After tune: 255whp / 243wtq

My dyno sheet was attached in the beginning of this thread.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Ever think of having Shawn at Church redo the tune?

Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Jairen
Ever think of having Shawn at Church redo the tune?
Yes as I've heard good things about him and his shop. I need to replace my belts so will be getting some lightweight pulleys at the same time. I also switched from a Stillen TD exhaust to a Fuji with Y-pipe so although small changes I should probably get another tune regardless. I'm also interested in seeing the difference of the 2 dynos at Stillen compared to Churches.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry Guys I've been out of forums for awhile. Anyways, time to catch up now. 07 G35 Coupe here. Just did Osiris tune with some mods like MREV2 with 1/2" spacer, K&N drop in, Ztube, etc. 'Final dyno result was 269 whp / 261 tq. My tuner said that stock exhaust is holding me back and recommended Fast Intentions. So I just ordered Traditional Catback due to having equipped with RAS. It will be here around at the end of April or beg of May. Then retune and re dyno. wish me luck. Hopefully i can hit 280 whp mark. Later for now

Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 AM
yrusrace, looking forward to seeing your results!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
You should post your AFR numbers too. I think the tune might be too conservative or you have some fuel issues. Your numbers are little low for all those mods. Your stock number is about right...stock g35 put down around 240-245whp on a dynojet.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Attached is the dyno sheet of all my runs as an FYI. You should be able to click the broken image below to view it if it's now showing up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So many bolt-on's but so little dyno HP - Dyno Vid Included