G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Front wheel bearing replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Front wheel bearing replacement

Gota replace the front wb's. Has anybody here replaced just the bearing itself or do u really have to spring for the entire hub. Im tempted to get the part number off the bearing and order one from a bearing supply.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Front wheel bearing/hub assembly is only sold as single unit. Bearing is sealed with hub shaft, no benefit to purchasing bearing seperately.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had to replace my rear wheel bearing on my 03 coupe, the bearing alone was 90$ from carquest auto parts the hub is 150$, the thing is if ur hub is warped or damaged in anyway it could ruin the new bearing, if u have a good mechanic or if your doing it yourself, u can use the old hub but make sure the hub is in good condition and installed correctly. i replaced my bearing with the old hub and my bearing hasnt worn down and is still works fine. i did the repair about 6 months ago. But being tht it was the rear and not the front it could be a slight difference. just make sure whoever does ur repair tht they check the condition of the old hub before they install the new bearing

Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 PM
check carquest they actually had the bearing in stock but then again it was the rear and not the front .check online for a front wheel bearing, they just might be sold together like HotRodG35 said

Old 02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by NismoS13vg
i had to replace my rear wheel bearing on my 03 coupe, the bearing alone was 90$ from carquest auto parts the hub is 150$, the thing is if ur hub is warped or damaged in anyway it could ruin the new bearing, if u have a good mechanic or if your doing it yourself, u can use the old hub but make sure the hub is in good condition and installed correctly. i replaced my bearing with the old hub and my bearing hasnt worn down and is still works fine. i did the repair about 6 months ago. But being tht it was the rear and not the front it could be a slight difference. just make sure whoever does ur repair tht they check the condition of the old hub before they install the new bearing
Great advice, NOT !!!

There is a difference (not a slight difference either) between the front and rear hub assemblys. If your going to condradict someoene make sure you know WTF your talking about first.

Back to my previous statement that the wheel/hub assembly are a single unit.

You can verify it with factory service manual.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^Before you go all commando on someone make sure YOU have your facts straight. You can purchase the bearing and hub separately from any Infiniti or Nissan dealer. Now, I would recommend replacing both at the same time, but that doesn't change the fact they are available separately.

Remember the saying, People in glass houses......................

Example of a bearing sold separately: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40210-2Y000-...#ht_500wt_1362

And the hub by itself so there are no questions here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40202-24U00-...#ht_500wt_1362

Old 02-07-2012, 03:34 PM
according to HODRodG35 i dont know what iam talking about..Richboy has money for all those mods and repairs.he dont need to budget.....Right its recomended to replace both, but if your short on money u can just repalce the bearing, just make sure whoever does the repair knows wht hes doing. and tht your hub is in good condition. thanks for the support blue dream

Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Just replace the whole hub, it's a remove/replace deal. If you can change rotors, you can change the hub.

I'm not sure if the tone ring (for ABS) is built into the bearing or the hub, but I imagine it would be easily damaged trying to press out a bearing. I had to replace mine when a shop damaged the tone ring installing the SPC camber shims. There's a guy selling one right now for $100 on Craigslist (Wash, DC).

Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would imagine that if it was possible to press in new bearings somebody here would have done so already. I think Ill swap out the damaged side with a oem assembly then check if theres a part number on the old bearing unit and cross reference it. Most mechanics i work with tell me that any bearing unit can be replaced with the right tools it u have the part number for the actual bearing. Ill give it a go and post back on the results. Id imagine a bearing alone would be about $50 to $75 vs a hub assembly at $150. Thank u to all who replied here so far. U guys are great.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
^^Before you go all commando on someone make sure YOU have your facts straight. You can purchase the bearing and hub separately from any Infiniti or Nissan dealer. Now, I would recommend replacing both at the same time, but that doesn't change the fact they are available separately.

Remember the saying, People in glass houses......................

Example of a bearing sold separately: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40210-2Y000-...#ht_500wt_1362

And the hub by itself so there are no questions here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/40202-24U00-...#ht_500wt_1362
Glad you chimed in with more misinformation. You should get your facts straight before going on a quest to prove someone wrong. The parts referenced from EBay are for a G35X ( and I-30/I-35) which I agree you can change individually. EBay seller did a poor job of describing application.

If your going to do a comparison ensure its for the proper application.

Watch out for broken glass !

Old 02-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by NismoS13vg
according to HODRodG35 i dont know what iam talking about..Richboy has money for all those mods and repairs.he dont need to budget.....Right its recomended to replace both, but if your short on money u can just repalce the bearing, just make sure whoever does the repair knows wht hes doing. and tht your hub is in good condition. thanks for the support blue dream
I still stand by my statement. You or Blue Dream haven't proven the correct bearings/Hub sold individually.

Not going to deny making a comfortable living. I've worked for everything I own. Bicycles were only mode of transportation parents ever bought for me growing up. Paid for every car including insurance and gas.

Dont pay for repairs and maintenance on vehicles that I can do myself. I've done 95% of the mods on my car, rest was done by others because of the equipment or skills.Build thread coming soon after done with many never before seen mods on a G35/350z.

Check out CUX350z thread "Ditched Vortech for Greddy TT" on my350z forum. That was done by Chris & myself in my garage.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodG35
Glad you chimed in with more misinformation. You should get your facts straight before going on a quest to prove someone wrong. The parts referenced from EBay are for a G35X ( and I-30/I-35) which I agree you can change individually. EBay seller did a poor job of describing application.

If your going to do a comparison ensure its for the proper application.

Watch out for broken glass !
So you really want to argue semantics? The same parts are available for 2WD sedans, coupes and 350Zs. Just call any Infiniti or Nissan dealer, hit up Phil@Grubbs, or search ebay. I won't do the work for you as I have nothing to prove to you, I'm right so deal with it. No need to be a DC.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
So you really want to argue semantics? The same parts are available for 2WD sedans, coupes and 350Zs. Just call any Infiniti or Nissan dealer, hit up Phil@Grubbs, or search ebay. I won't do the work for you as I have nothing to prove to you, I'm right so deal with it. No need to be a DC.
Wow great rebuttal, Are you a Lawyer ?

I contacted the following parts stores:
Bradshaw Infiniti
Benson Nissan
AutoZone
Advance Auto Parts
CarQuest
NAPA
O Reilly's

Those are all the major stores in my area, everyone contacted said the front wheel bearings is sold as hub/bearing assembly because the bearing is sealed and ABS sensor is mounted to hub.

So your half a$$ed search on EBay for the incorrect parts was a failure. Your right ? WRONG D BAG!!!!!!

Semantics ? its the principal that you feel its okay to pass along bogus info and not able to back it up.

Man up and take responsibility for your mistakes.

Fatlip turned to the G35Driver community for help and people like you supply BS for an answer.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodG35
Wow great rebuttal, Are you a Lawyer ?

I contacted the following parts stores:
Bradshaw Infiniti
Benson Nissan
AutoZone
Advance Auto Parts
CarQuest
NAPA
O Reilly's

Those are all the major stores in my area, everyone contacted said the front wheel bearings is sold as hub/bearing assembly because the bearing is sealed and ABS sensor is mounted to hub.

So your half a$$ed search on EBay for the incorrect parts was a failure. Your right ? WRONG D BAG!!!!!!

Semantics ? its the principal that you feel its okay to pass along bogus info and not able to back it up.

Man up and take responsibility for your mistakes.

Fatlip turned to the G35Driver community for help and people like you supply BS for an answer.

Name:  Hemad.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  19.0 KB

Since I have no desire to argue with you let's just say you win. Feel better?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hopefully this may help to clear any confusion regarding the hub/bearing.
This is for a 2WD models. so all V35 coupes and sedans.
As the schematics show, the hub and bearing are one unit.
The part number for the unit is 40202-AL56C

Attachment 148214

Last edited by Infiniti Parts Online; 02-08-2012 at 12:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ErikNYC (09-15-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front wheel bearing replacement