G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Should I get this Mod on my G? Is is worth it? Any of u done it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Do Not Buy Used Cats, again, don't do it. I bought some off some looser on here years ago, he sent me burnt cats. I went ahead and bought them new straight rom the fast intentions website, best mod for the buck I ever bought. Cats, or any other mod like that will only serve or a certain amount of miles anyway. BTW, do save your stock cats, in case you need them later.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
HFC's will probably give you a better gain than any of the other mods you've done. They won't make your car any "deeper"...but you will be a bit "louder"....whether that's a pro or a con, that's up to you. $400 doesn't seem like that great of a deal. You should be able to find brand new ones for close to that. $250-$350 would be a better price for a used set, that is, if they're any good. HFC's will go bad after awhile, so you need to be careful....probably not something you want to buy used online without seeing/hearing/inspecting first hand.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wahied
I know someone selling a brand new Infiniti g35 Fast intension high flow cats. He is asking for 400. Is that a good price? Also how much of a difference is power and In sound am I looking at? Would it be a deeper sound?
Right now I'm running a Y-pipe Back Fuji Exhaust, this Exhaust keeps a bit of the stock sound just a bit deeper and a little louder.
Do you guys think with the g35 Fast intension high flow cats the sound would be much louder to where I'll get pulled over?
Like you I have the Y-Pipe Fuji exhaust but with Berk HFC's. I recently had a Stillen cat-back true duel but it was too loud especially after the Berk's. But even with the HFC's my Fuji is still whisper quiet. I still think it is quieter than stock in all but full throttle (even with the HFC's). From what I have read the Berk's are 200 cell and the FI are 300 cell so technically the Berk's should be a tad louder than the FI cats. So to answer your question, it shouldn't be much louder with the HFC's. Oh and $400 seems a bit high for used cats.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:46 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
WOW cali must be crazy serious about there inspections i live in Lancaster PA and as long as the engine light is not on and your tires aren't bold you pass

Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait guys I never said I'm buying used Cats. I said someone is selling Brand New FI HFC and he is asking for 400. If it's 500 on the site brand new then this i think is fair. I'll just have to make sure it's new before I buy it. I love the sound of my Fuji Exhaust, I would I like it just a bit louder not too loud. So after reading all your replys I understand this, that FI HFC is the way to get that bit of extra sound without going overboard. Thanks again guys.
Oh also any idea around how much HP I'll be running all together ?
My mods: CAI, Fuji Y back Exhaust, and HFC. So with that any idea how much power the G would gain?

Last edited by wahied; 02-14-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
G35 Coupe 6MT
i got HFCs on my 05 6mt, i'm uninstalling them soon and going for TurboXS Test Pipes. Dynos show a 8-10 rear wheel horsepower gain with these on..

Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
oh man in so cal there are plenty of loud cars there would be no reason for a cop to pull you over unless he's being a dick. hfc aren't that much louder, in CA i'm sure you can find a shop that will install for you, business is business. and 400 sounds good. i haven't done too much research on hfc between brands but so many people seem to be going with berks, and 4-500 brand new is about the price

Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
In no way am I ragging on Cali.. I love Cali and would never want to move. Just saying in Cali we pretty much get pulled over for just abt anything from loud Exhaust to Tinted windows, to even white side marker lights. But I'll rather deal with that then be in another state
And I never knew we have meets here in Cali. That's Sick, I would be down. Could you give me some more info plz?
You get pulled over because you make poor decisions, tinted driver/passenger windows too dark. Clear sides must have orange bulbs, that's a nation wide law. Loud exhaust, be aware how's around you. Always shift at a lower RPM when the "Mans" around. Since CA is broke they can't afford the number of CHP officers they've had in the past, makes for easier freeway cruising without concern about getting pulled over for chickensh!t violations....is that one word or two? Check our REGIONAL forums under SoCal for meets you'd like to attend....Gary

The following 2 users liked this post by gary c:
JaE35 (02-14-2012), thepro78 (02-14-2012)
Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
Wait guys I never said I'm buying used Cats. I said someone is selling Brand New FI HFC and he is asking for 400. If it's 500 on the site brand new then this i think is fair. I'll just have to make sure it's new before I buy it. I love the sound of my Fuji Exhaust, I would I like it just a bit louder not too loud. So after reading all your replys I understand this, that FI HFC is the way to get that bit of extra sound without going overboard. Thanks again guys.
Oh also any idea around how much HP I'll be running all together ?
My mods: CAI, Fuji Y back Exhaust, and HFC. So with that any idea how much power the G would gain?
Realistically you're probably looking at 5-10hp tops. CAI on our cars has actually been shown to negatively affect hp. Exhaust system itself doesn't do a whole lot but make noise. The HFC's are the only thing giving you a noticeable increase. You might want to look into a plenum spacer and tune as well if your main concern is making more power.....albeit, its still not going to be a whole lot.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
HFCs are great bang for the buck.
If you've got the revup engine the #1 mod would be MREV2 & 5/16" spacer.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As far as HP gains are concerned, checkout my YouTube video of a dyno run I did. My mods and HP are listed in the comments of the video so you must click the header link to be directed to the YouTube page.

The following users liked this post:
thepro78 (02-14-2012)
Old 02-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Got an update for you guys. I ended up getting Kinetix HFC from another member here, I also got this other item on eBay thinking it might help with the engine light for cats. I'll add both pictures let me know what you think. Thx

Old 02-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^those do NOT look like any Kinetix HFCs i've seen

Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
look's like you picked up some resonated test pipes

Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
The firs pic is the Kinetix HFC the second 2 pictures are sensor Spacers I picked up from eBay 18mm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I get this Mod on my G? Is is worth it? Any of u done it?