G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Should I get this Mod on my G? Is is worth it? Any of u done it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^bad idea, sorry man. should just go get it tuned by a professional

Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn I'm f**ing up..lol

Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts
Always ask before you buy, that is why we are all here.

The good think is almost everyone will take a return as long as you don't open it.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Ya your right, especially for someone like me that is new with mods, I'm glade you guys are here. This site is Amazing. I'm just going to be stuck with this Mod. I got it brand new on eBay for 465 that's with tax. There is no return for this item. So I'll try it out and I'll let you guys know how it works out. To be honest all the reviews I looked up on the item looked good, more then half the reviews I looked up on google came up from this site so I thought I made a good choice. But I'll still ask before my next move.
Got a question for you guys.
I have some headers that are sitting at home. I have not had a chance to get it installed yet. My question is for Headers would it really make a difference what brand name it is? The one I have is a t-304 steal. Not a known brand. But the rest of my piping is brand name like the Kinetix RTP and my Y-Back is Fuji. I'm excited to get the RTP, hoping I get the Deep sound without the Rasp. I'll keep you guys posted how it is. Thx again

Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wahied
Ya your right, especially for someone like me that is new with mods, I'm glade you guys are here. This site is Amazing. I'm just going to be stuck with this Mod. I got it brand new on eBay for 465 that's with tax. There is no return for this item. So I'll try it out and I'll let you guys know how it works out. To be honest all the reviews I looked up on the item looked good, more then half the reviews I looked up on google came up from this site so I thought I made a good choice. But I'll still ask before my next move.
Got a question for you guys.
I have some headers that are sitting at home. I have not had a chance to get it installed yet. My question is for Headers would it really make a difference what brand name it is? The one I have is a t-304 steal. Not a known brand. But the rest of my piping is brand name like the Kinetix RTP and my Y-Back is Fuji. I'm excited to get the RTP, hoping I get the Deep sound without the Rasp. I'll keep you guys posted how it is. Thx again
As for your rasp question, I have the Fuji with Y-Pipe running Berk HFC's and have zero rasp and it actually sounds quieter than stock in all but full throttle. I previously had a Stillen true-duel with Berk HFC's and it was too loud and raspy. I now want to go long-tube headers with XYZ pipe with single cat but don't want to be the ginny pig if it would pass the sniffer in CA...not worried about visual. Tony from Motordyne said the cat in the XYZ pipe would pass the sniffer but not sure with the long tube headers. Worried about it being too loud as well as that's why I got rid of the Stillen.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Ya I also don't want my car to be too loud. That's why I'm going wait till I install the Kin R-Test pipe then think abt putting in headers. Would love to have 350Hp on my G! maybe one day
Btw: that's a nice set up you got. I love my Fuji Exhaust..

Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Update. Got all my items in the mail. Just installed the RTP abt 30min ago. I got the rasp sound, not surprised with my luck, but I noticed it's only on cretin RPM. Anyway I didn't get a chance to truly feel the power as there was traffic on the freeway..lol I also did not get a chance to use the Hyper Tune, I'll use it later today. I'll post another update.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok I installed the Hypertech Tune and I already feel the difference, I removed the all the limiters and now the car Revs much faster and also I noticed, there is not lag when I gun the Gas it Moves! Ok that's Just driving around on local streets. I still have not got a chance to feel all the power from the RTP and the Tune, till I hitt the freeway.

Guys I got a question: need your Help on RPM. What should I set my Max RPM before it changes Gears? You guys know I'm not an expert on this so I left that on Stock Mode. But if I had to guess I'm thinking 7k Max Rpm is on the safe side??

Old 02-26-2012, 06:34 PM
For the ladies with the Sexy Bump!

Last edited by wahied; 02-26-2012 at 10:19 PM.