G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

SoCal Speedometer Shop Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
dont know why you sold an evo for a G35 if you wanted performance.

i've never owned an evo by the way.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
340whp on a low tune, just shy of 500whp @35 psi boost. Previous owner drilled through the firewall for a sub-wire route so every time I spooled up the car smelled like gas. 3 min warm-up times. 7 mpg aggressive driving, 14mpg passive driving. 180-200 miles per tank. In the first 15 days I had the car I had to fill up from empty 7 times. Very very basic interior, and lacked comfort for long drives. Timing belt was due to be changed and didn't want to deal with that. Oh and made 7k in profit for the sale.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Sounds like a nice evo, I don't know anything about them though. Got a mod list?

Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Stage 3 turbo, downpipe, headers, greddy full exhaust w/o cat, stage 2 clutch, stage 2 transmission, hks 278 cams, works dv, works brainflash ecu, hks turbo timer...probably more stuff on there too. Got it from some kid off craigslist for 13,000 due to needing a quick sale because he only had 65 dollars in his account and was unemployed. Needed brakes, suspension, and passenger side cv half-shaft replaced due to leaking boot. Was fun to drive, but too much maintenance and hassle to warm-up and cool down all the time. Pretty sure it was over the sound DB level...and coming home at 3am with a 2.5min cd on the turbo timer kinda pissed my neighbors off.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
Yea yea but what color was it

Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Why leave the TT running for 2.5 min though?

So you got a turbo package from Buschur/AMS because I'm unfamiliar with the turbo called Stage 3.

Any pics though? Sounds like a beast.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Apexi Silver

Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 AM
it was an automatic TT, just tracked when it was spooled to determine how long it needed to cool down.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/t...i-p-34373.html

That was the turbo kit stage 3 it had

Old 02-17-2012, 01:27 AM
Old 02-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm sure everyone agrees that you passed your driving test and you have the right to fight tickets. But you got caught doing 37 over, then asked people if they knew anyone who could "fudge the numbers". Don't know how many people agree with that. But it's similar to people asking for a smog shop who will pass them with a turbo (And I don't remember anyone questioning legality in those kind of threads). Nothing more, nothing less...nothing to get defensive over, that's for sure. It is what it is though, congratulations on getting the ticket dismissed. Congrats on the G35 too. I had an Evo before my G and I have never looked back. That thing was like a very fast civic with brembos, recaros, and all wheel drive.

Originally Posted by poisonouschimp
My issue is now resolved. I got the car dyno'd and there was a 14% error in the calibration. The same day I went to court and asked for a hearing due to school and work conflicts for the set date. They heard my case the next day, the judge dropped the charges due to the official paperwork stating that the calibration was indeed off, and since I had the car recalibrated he agreed that there would be no fine except the court processing charge of $25.00.

Cops are public servants, and we pay their salaries. Don't let the system control you...control the system. Innocent until proven guilty remember?

PS: I came here for some help, not to be schooled in the ways of the road. I passed my driving exam just like all of you other people here. I choose to drive the way I do and it is my choice to fight tickets rather than waste my money paying them right away. I saved myself from getting 2 points and a 700.00+ fine.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 AM
I know this one guy with a red evo, he gets like almost 30MPG driving passively. He's on a 2.3 stroker with a 30r turbo.

You must be boosting 100% of the time to get that MPG.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 AM
I knw that guy. Nice Evo but it's red

Old 02-17-2012, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by threatcon07
I'm sure everyone agrees that you passed your driving test and you have the right to fight tickets. But you got caught doing 37 over, then asked people if they knew anyone who could "fudge the numbers". Don't know how many people agree with that. But it's similar to people asking for a smog shop who will pass them with a turbo (And I don't remember anyone questioning legality in those kind of threads). Nothing more, nothing less...nothing to get defensive over, that's for sure. It is what it is though, congratulations on getting the ticket dismissed. Congrats on the G35 too. I had an Evo before my G and I have never looked back. That thing was like a very fast civic with brembos, recaros, and all wheel drive.
yeah evos look like crap.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by poisonouschimp
I don't understand why everyone on here is so high and mighty???
You're in breach of the laws of the road, and the rules of this forum. You've already got enough rope to hang yourself, so I'd be very careful going forward if I were you.

Have people on here (self included) driven over the limit? Sure... but do you see us putting it out there in plain sight? Nope! And what's more, the attitude of trying to weasel your way out of a ticket you clearly deserved is not the kind of attitude that's welcomed.
Many of our members wholeheartedly support "take it to the track" quite a number regularly visiting racing venues ranging from AutoX to Drag Racing to Track Days. Some of us also know how/where to drive aggressively and have fun on public roads WITHOUT breaking the law.
Why is it though, that when you mention your 170mph foray, I get the sneaking suspicion that this was not on a track? And if not on the track, therefore by no definition of the word was it indeed "safe"

Fighting a ticket that is of questionable motive is one thing... but trying to get others to lie for you so you can get off of a ticket when you were 37 MPH over the speed limit??!? Because you don't want your license taken away (because you apparently have a crap-load of speeding tickets and still haven't learned?!?!?)
That is simply acting like a petulant child.

The following 2 users liked this post by NFSP G35:
Blue Dream (02-17-2012), threatcon07 (02-17-2012)
Old 02-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
You're in breach of the laws of the road, and the rules of this forum. You've already got enough rope to hang yourself, so I'd be very careful going forward if I were you.

Have people on here (self included) driven over the limit? Sure... but do you see us putting it out there in plain sight? Nope! And what's more, the attitude of trying to weasel your way out of a ticket you clearly deserved is not the kind of attitude that's welcomed.
Many of our members wholeheartedly support "take it to the track" quite a number regularly visiting racing venues ranging from AutoX to Drag Racing to Track Days. Some of us also know how/where to drive aggressively and have fun on public roads WITHOUT breaking the law.
Why is it though, that when you mention your 170mph foray, I get the sneaking suspicion that this was not on a track? And if not on the track, therefore by no definition of the word was it indeed "safe"

Fighting a ticket that is of questionable motive is one thing... but trying to get others to lie for you so you can get off of a ticket when you were 37 MPH over the speed limit??!? Because you don't want your license taken away (because you apparently have a crap-load of speeding tickets and still haven't learned?!?!?)
That is simply acting like a petulant child.
I apologize fully if I am in violation of the rules of these forums, it was never my intentions to do so. I am not from the OC area so I am not familiar with the area and wanted to establish a connection down here. When I bought my evo I had the guy smog it for me because it wouldn't pass smog. I was simply thinking that someone here might have had a hookup similar to that. I may have questionable ethics when it comes to speeding, but I never meant to have an attitude or be arrogant about what I had done. I simply was annoyed at the fact I asked for help with a subject and then got flamed for doing so. Kinda like if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. You are right about the 170mph, it was not on a track, but it was on a track like condition. I was driving around and found an abandoned airstrip where I tried to top out. I got to scared to keep going in fear of running out of room so I hit the brakes and went home.

Sorry again if I offended anyone by asking questions or responding in a hostile manner

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SoCal Speedometer Shop Help!