G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

SoCal Speedometer Shop Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SoCal Speedometer Shop Help!

Got a ticket today for 87 in a 50. Valentines day, clear sky's, no one on the road, perfect conditions. Just opened it up a bit and at the bottom of the hill I see Mr. Police on his stupid motorcycle. Running V12 evo's 255/35/19 fronts and 275/40/19 rears and the car came stock with 18's I believe. I do notice that the speedo is off a little bit, and with my 20gal tank I am only getting about 230 miles per tank, also it only lets me put in 15gal for some reason. I do admit I was going a bit fast, but my speedo was around 70 and not 87.

I need a shop who would be willing to actually calibrate my speedo so I know how fast I actually am going, and also be willing to "help" me fight this ticket by maybe fudging some numbers if need be. If this ticket sticks then I probably will lose my license.

If anyone knows a shop in Orange county/LA county/Ventura county, ect....who could help please PM me, I would like to keep this discreet to protect whatever shop it is who would be willing to help me out!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
that's gay.... Do what I did.... Fight it.... Then before the hearing u request a postponement... do the same up to 3 times i believe... by then the cop "probably" wont show up or wont even remember... booyahhh you win your case. That's how i got rid of an "85MPH on a 50MPH Fwy under construction" ... I only did this cause the CHP was being a 8===D... I was going 55 at the most... and yet he wrote 85 on the ticket....

Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes I will also postpone it as long as I can to make the officer's memory as foggy as possible, but in the case of actually needing to fight it in court I am just trying to build up a good defense case so I can win it in court if possible. I bought the car on 2/2/12 and got tires for it on 2/11/12. The officer claims that I should be able to judge the speed of the road without looking at the speedometer, but I kept telling him that it was a new car and it takes time to judge speed. He said pace another car to judge my speed, but on that road there were no other cars. Just for my own records since I did alter the diameter of the wheels I would like an accurate reading as well, but I would need a shop to help me out with fibbing the numbers a little bit to confirm my story so I don't lose my license.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I managed to find a shop that is going to dyno it on tuesday for 35.00 and give me a cert saying that its misjudging my speed. I will let you guys know how it works out. If anyone has another shop that has experience doing this and actually have gotten people out of tickets let me know!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 PM
still the strategy of fighting a ticket with my speedometer was reading 55 when i was really going 85 is not such a good idea... In fact u should be able to determine ur speed and not necessarily the exact velocity that u are driving but in fact that u were going way over the limit.... I have never driven my G over 80 without noticing the high speed and how far over 55 I am... The judge will just send u home...or in your case... take ur license...

Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by thepro78
still the strategy of fighting a ticket with my speedometer was reading 55 when i was really going 85 is not such a good idea... In fact u should be able to determine ur speed and not necessarily the exact velocity that u are driving but in fact that u were going way over the limit.... I have never driven my G over 80 without noticing the high speed and how far over 55 I am... The judge will just send u home...or in your case... take ur license...

Well since I have only had the car for 12 days and its only my weekend car and not my DD I have some defense on my side. New tires and rims altered the rotational diameter, thus throwing off the pulse readings the car uses to judge speed and mileage. No other cars on the road to judge my velocity. Traveling down hill. The one and only thing that I could use to judge my speed was a digital speed tracker at the bottom of the hill, which was like 300 feet from the cop who had set-up a speed trap...last I heard that was illegal in CA, but they might have changed that. Hopefully the judge will be lenient on me.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by poisonouschimp

I need a shop who would be willing to actually calibrate my speedo so I know how fast I actually am going, and also be willing to "help" me fight this ticket by maybe fudging some numbers if need be. If this ticket sticks then I probably will lose my license.
Please sell your G and head back to the Honda forums you belong on, we don't need this kind of mindset here. Comment says a lot about your character and values or lack thereof.

Is it really that hard to take responsibility for your actions?????????????

Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
there's a tire calculator on here that'll tell you how much your speed is off from the speedo. There shouldn't be that huge of a variance since your side walls aren't much shorter then stock.

The point is your focusing your defense on the wrong thing. You should try to prove that you weren't speeding not speeding less. You say you were going 70 and cops said 87.

You go to court and you say your going 70 and cop saids, ok your going 70mph in a 50mph zone. You admitted you were speeding and you lose. You spent all this time to prove you were speeding at 70mph in a 50mph zone.

I'm just trying to save you some wasted time.

if the cop sited you for reckless driving, then i would suggest getting a lawyer.

The following users liked this post:
S 854 (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by thepro78
that's gay.... Do what I did.... Fight it.... Then before the hearing u request a postponement... do the same up to 3 times i believe... by then the cop "probably" wont show up or wont even remember... booyahhh you win your case. That's how i got rid of an "85MPH on a 50MPH Fwy under construction" ... I only did this cause the CHP was being a 8===D... I was going 55 at the most... and yet he wrote 85 on the ticket....
Why do I believe this? You got pulled over for going 5 over, but since the cop is such a control freak and ****, he wrote you up for an extra 30 mph, fraudulently putting you in dire straits of losing your license and adding hundreds if not thousands to your insurance annually?

Btw, you do realize that postponing is listed in your case file and when the judge sees it, he/she will know exactly what you're trying to do?

What's the cost/benefit of pleading no lo to the ticket?

OP: It's a 3-4% difference. So at 70 on the speedo, you'd be going 73 max. Doesn't quite make 87.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 PM
My post has nothing to do with morals of the incident so please MOMMY stop nagging me on that issue, granted I was going over the limit, but it was in a safe manner. No other cars on the road, dry pavement, sunny day, and not even going at dangerous speeds for this car. Sure in a civic or some **** car it might have been more dangerous, but in a dressed up 350z designed for track/racing 87mph is safe in my mind. If you guys who own these g35's never push them for their designed purpose then you should sell your car and get a prius or some ****. These 15mpg cars are crap on the environment, but designed for performance so idk.

Court is not about being right or wrong 100%, it is creating plausable doubt which wins cases. Look at the OJ murder trial....everyone knows he did it, but he created plausable doubt and got away with it. I have gotten out of may tickets in the same fashion.

Understood that the tire difference isn't that big of a difference, but something must be wrong for my gas light to say I am on empty with 14 miles to travel, go to fill it up and only am able to put 15g in. Its not uncommon to have electrical issues with a car. A possible reason could be the pulse sensor is bad for my car causing bad readings for the speedo. Don't sit here judging me if you have never been in this specific car and understand what I see.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
My post has nothing to do with morals of the incident so please MOMMY stop nagging me on that issue, granted I was going over the limit, but it was in a safe manner. No other cars on the road, dry pavement, sunny day, and not even going at dangerous speeds for this car. Sure in a civic or some **** car it might have been more dangerous, but in a dressed up 350z designed for track/racing 87mph is safe in my mind. If you guys who own these g35's never push them for their designed purpose then you should sell your car and get a prius or some ****. These 15mpg cars are crap on the environment, but designed for performance so idk.

Court is not about being right or wrong 100%, it is creating plausable doubt which wins cases. Look at the OJ murder trial....everyone knows he did it, but he created plausable doubt and got away with it. I have gotten out of may tickets in the same fashion.

Understood that the tire difference isn't that big of a difference, but something must be wrong for my gas light to say I am on empty with 14 miles to travel, go to fill it up and only am able to put 15g in. Its not uncommon to have electrical issues with a car. A possible reason could be the pulse sensor is bad for my car causing bad readings for the speedo. Don't sit here judging me if you have never been in this specific car and understand what I see.
C'mon man shady is shady no matter how you spin it. You fvcked up, got caught, and now don't want to take responsibility for your actions, that's all I'm saying. And yes I speed but guess what? If I get caught I deal with it lawfully and move on. Sounds like you need to grow up a little.

Luv,
your Mommy.

The following users liked this post:
chink-ah-saur (02-17-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
OP is a dumbass and a pansey! Reported Tim for calling it like it is!

Maybe we're still being trolled by the Hondatards?!?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
My issue is now resolved. I got the car dyno'd and there was a 14% error in the calibration. The same day I went to court and asked for a hearing due to school and work conflicts for the set date. They heard my case the next day, the judge dropped the charges due to the official paperwork stating that the calibration was indeed off, and since I had the car recalibrated he agreed that there would be no fine except the court processing charge of $25.00.

Cops are public servants, and we pay their salaries. Don't let the system control you...control the system. Innocent until proven guilty remember?

PS: I came here for some help, not to be schooled in the ways of the road. I passed my driving exam just like all of you other people here. I choose to drive the way I do and it is my choice to fight tickets rather than waste my money paying them right away. I saved myself from getting 2 points and a 700.00+ fine.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
So, the US is a free country so you can break laws and then brag about it on the internet, and call everyone else out? huh, I guess you really do learn something every day!

Also, innocent until proven guilty is kinda moot when you admit guilt...

Got a ticket today for 87 in a 50.....my speedo was around 70 ....
...I was going over the limit, ....
It's ok though really, it's not like you did something really dumb like soliciting others to commit perjury.... oh wait...

I need a shop who would ....... also be willing to "help" me fight this ticket by maybe fudging some numbers if need be.

If anyone knows a shop in Orange county/LA county/Ventura county, ect....who could help please PM me, I would like to keep this discreet to protect whatever shop it is who would be willing to help me out!!!

I'm glad you're out there looking out for our rights by arguing with police officers who are doing their job.
Where's 'Mass when you need him?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 AM
I don't understand why everyone on here is so high and mighty??? We buy sports cars for a reason...I was not driving in an unsafe manner for the road conditions. If a g35 coupe can't handle 80mph then its a failure of a car, but it can and did. It was designed to be driven not babied. Who here really likes cops giving out tickets for speeding? I was not street racing, drag racing, cutting through traffic, drunk driving, drifting, swerving, cutting someone off. My 3.5L v6 sports coupe was built to drive, not be slammed to the floor and get huge chrome rims and be a show car. It does look nice, but I would never sacrifice any performance for looks ever. I have taken my 2000 jetta vr6 to 156 mph, my evo 8 to 169mph, and my g35 to 110mph. Never have I ever hit anyone, caused an accident, or had a close call. I have a clean driving record except speeding tickets. I never drive dangerous, only safe. During the rain I drive slower than your grandmother, I worked hard to save up and buy this car and it's not in my interests to see it totaled.

Not bragging at all. Just wanted to close up this topic and let others out there know a possible solution to try and fight a ticket. Will it work 100% of the time? I have no clue, but I do know that it did work for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SoCal Speedometer Shop Help!