G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

man this sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man this sucks!!!

just baught a g35 2 weeks ago and i felt a bit bumpy on the test drive so i tell them they "fixed" it/ as i driver at higher speeds now once i hit about 70+ mph my steering wheel starts to shake pretty bad and it feels like its coming froom the left side of my suspension. they said they replaced the arm or w.e but still it shakes really bad at high speeds what can it be?

just thought id ask before i get charged to get a diagnostic test frm a shop and get raped

Old 06-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
sounds like your wheels need to get balanced

Old 06-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Wheels and tires sound like they are out of balance and/or your wheel is bent.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 PM
hmm can it be the allignment? when i went to change a tire last week when the guy took the tire off he said there was something wrong with the left side wheel bearing or something. idk ima have to just spend money to get it looked at ty guys

Old 06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Plus one on balancing wheels. Make sure they do it properly with the weights on the inside and outside (outside will be stick on).

The following users liked this post:
antswag (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Could possibly be a wheel bearing, but my bet is still that one or more of your wheels is out of balance. Be sure that wherever you go, they use a Hunter Road Force balancing machine!

antswag (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's awkward that you can sense it coming from the driver side. Go with the wheel balance first as it is the cheapest.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Jack up each side of the front of the car separately, and while that side is in the air, grab the wheel at 12 and 6 O'clock and pull/push on the wheel to see if it's loose at all, then do the same thing at 3 and 9'Oclock on the same wheel. You should have no lateral play in the wheel at all when you do this at either position. If you have any play, you need a new wheel bearing on that side.

You can also get an idea of a badly worn wheel bearing by doing an aggressive sweeping turn in one direction in a parking lot at about 15-20 MPH, and if you turn right and hear a groaning noise from the left side, your left wheel bearing is in need of replacement, or if you turn right and your left side makes the noise, your left side bearing needs replacement.

If it only does it at a certain speed while on the highway, you probably need to have your wheels balanced, or possibly you have a bent rim or a tire that is out-of-round. It could be a badly warped rotor as well, but you'd notice a very serious vibration in the vehicle while braking wayyyyyy before you noticed the slight vibration on the highway by simply driving straight (without hitting the brakes).

NjMatteSedan (06-08-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Before you jack you ride up take it to your local wheel/tire shop and have your tires balanced....bet ya lunch that will solve your issues....Gary

Old 06-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
Jack up each side of the front of the car separately, and while that side is in the air, grab the wheel at 12 and 6 O'clock and pull/push on the wheel to see if it's loose at all, then do the same thing at 3 and 9'Oclock on the same wheel. You should have no lateral play in the wheel at all when you do this at either position. If you have any play, you need a new wheel bearing on that side.

You can also get an idea of a badly worn wheel bearing by doing an aggressive sweeping turn in one direction in a parking lot at about 15-20 MPH, and if you turn right and hear a groaning noise from the left side, your left wheel bearing is in need of replacement, or if you turn right and your left side makes the noise, your left side bearing needs replacement.

If it only does it at a certain speed while on the highway, you probably need to have your wheels balanced, or possibly you have a bent rim or a tire that is out-of-round. It could be a badly warped rotor as well, but you'd notice a very serious vibration in the vehicle while braking wayyyyyy before you noticed the slight vibration on the highway by simply driving straight (without hitting the brakes).
yah it only hapopens when i hit 60+ mph on the freeway i know its not the rims because i checked all 4 already. im guessing its gnn have to be the allignment or wheel bearing like you said so tommorrow ima get an allignment and see if its solves the issue if not then step b and check the wheel bearing. thank you for ur help ima do the sweep turn in a bit and see what response i get..

Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Before you jack you ride up take it to your local wheel/tire shop and have your tires balanced....bet ya lunch that will solve your issues....Gary
haha im actually agreeing with you haha i hope its only that so i dnt spend so much money on other things so i can finally upgrade my wheels from the oem's to the new wheels i want.