G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

RPM lag not really sure what to call it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPM lag not really sure what to call it

so ive been driving my g35 a lot lately still trying to get the hang of the whole manual thing(first manual) and it seems like the g35s have a lot more finesse required than any other car that i learned on or have driven but it seems like the stationary rev thing is messing me up not sure how to use it every time i shift the rpm doesn't drop at all which seems like it would help but it just makes my car lurch cause as soon as i put it in the next gear it drops down any ways need some help guys any advice appreciated

Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Coderedd
so ive been driving my g35 a lot lately still trying to get the hang of the whole manual thing(first manual) and it seems like the g35s have a lot more finesse required than any other car that i learned on or have driven but it seems like the stationary rev thing is messing me up not sure how to use it every time i shift the rpm doesn't drop at all which seems like it would help but it just makes my car lurch cause as soon as i put it in the next gear it drops down any ways need some help guys any advice appreciated
Not really sure what you're trying to say.

Can you rewrite it forming your words into sentences?

The following users liked this post:
06G35Coupe94 (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Your saying you think the revs seem to drop to slow when putting the clutch in to shift if I read that correctly.

Try shifting a little slower and let the revs drop if you want smooth shifts. I notice also that my gas pedal is very very sensitive and my foot has to be completely off the pedal otherwise I get similar results as to what you are explaining.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
[QUOTE=my gas pedal is very very sensitive and my foot has to be completely off the pedal otherwise I get similar results as to what you are explaining.[/QUOTE]

mine is the exact same way, its like if my foot is anywhere near the gas pedal the rpms wont drop lol

Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry guys i know my wording is pretty jumbled up but, it was just kinda hard to explain. Anyways it seems like you guys know what im talking about, but it still doesn't make sense to me. If i were to do that wouldn't it be really slow combining the slow shift and not much gas?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok let me try and explain it best i can how i do it. Ive driven a million things that were manual, from cars to big rigs, to just whatever, and the g is by far the hardest to get the hang of imo but im getting better. When im not racing i have no need to shift fast so like u said above waiting for rpms to fall does take a while. But what i do which may or may not be the right way (im sure someone will correct if wrong) but when i lets say go from first to second i take foot off gas and shift and start letting clutch out and rpms fall fast then i put foot back on gas and catch the rpms at the right spot. When trying this at first you will still lurch a little but evetually you will get to where u dont, and to where you dont have to watch rpm guage cuz it will just come naturally. Its working for me and has smoothed my shifts out completely, and another big help was the clutch pedal mod that removes that little spring on the clutch pedal. Look into that to.