G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Cops love my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012 | 04:33 PM
|
Cops love my G

ok so I live in. Back of a police station and every month I get stopped for no reason but they gotta let me go cause I have not done anything but today some ******* cop pulls me over and tell me my taillights are tinted to dark & my tinted windows are to dark, so I tell him my tint looks dark because the interior is black and I'm black also my taillights are not tinted you can see the big red circles , he just said umm ok then to got on me about my headlight tint then he said I have 10 days to take it all off plus the exhaust has to be removed .

Is there any way to fight it

Old 06-18-2012 | 04:48 PM
beb
Tint on your headlights/tails and windows + test pipes + exhaust sure make it seem like they sure do have reason to pull you over. Its all things that are against the laws and are easily noticeable.

Dont mod the car/break the law if you cant handle getting pulled over for a fix-it...

Old 06-18-2012 | 04:57 PM
haha i love the tint looks black cause the interior is black and because im black comment.

i feel you man, i used to get picked on all the time as well. left this car stock so far and it doesnt happen half as much.

the tint issues i dunno but as far as the exhaust goes, your not in cali so you may have a leg to stand on in court for that

Old 06-18-2012 | 09:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by jrockstarr
haha i love the tint looks black cause the interior is black and because im black comment.

i feel you man, i used to get picked on all the time as well. left this car stock so far and it doesnt happen half as much.

the tint issues i dunno but as far as the exhaust goes, your not in cali so you may have a leg to stand on in court for that
The tint is 25% the headlights mmmmm ok I guess he can complain about it but ive lived in the same place for 3 years so why pull me over now

Old 06-18-2012 | 09:11 PM
Sounds pretty simple to me in this case. Comply with the request of the law or take it up the a$* in court or decide to hide from the cops and see how well that goes.

Old 06-18-2012 | 09:14 PM
Interesting way to respond to people, but the simple fact is if you break the law by tinting tailights and headlights don't complain when you get pulled over.

Now if you want to fight it, get the VC book for your state and find out if it is legal to tint your taillights & headlights, it doesn't have to be where the light shines out or not. I know in Cali any tint anywhere on your taillight is illegal.

Old 06-18-2012 | 09:18 PM
You could always move to south Carolina lol as awesome as that sounds. We don't even have inspections... Just drive whatever the F we want! My tint is illegal but no cop ever says a thing and Ive been pulled over A LOT! Even when I had my exhaust and hfc.. Nothing. People drive the craziest crap here. I need to start taking pics. Goodluck bud

Old 06-18-2012 | 09:21 PM
|
I live in PA and there is no tint law they just don't like it when they can't see you I talked to another cop about the window tint

Old 06-18-2012 | 09:41 PM
If PA. has no regulation for tint they can't site you for them. Tail tint, if you have the GT-R overlays show the cop that they aren't hiding the lights....head light tint is something else I don't believe they're legal in any state. Know the laws in your state before you consider going to court, which doesn't mean another cops opinion....get the facts! Exhaust, put your OE cats back on, that should satisfy anyone....Gary

Old 06-18-2012 | 10:50 PM
I have the same setup here in Orlando and I get stopped going thru bad parts of town late at night...they just begging for a reason to look through your car and u gave it to them. And so did I...as long as you are clean and not drunk u just gonna have to put up with it or move. I moved!

Old 06-18-2012 | 11:43 PM
You can fight the tail light tint because if it is the skyline ones then your fine. But no way out of the tint or headlight tint...

Old 06-18-2012 | 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
You could always move to south Carolina lol as awesome as that sounds. We don't even have inspections... Just drive whatever the F we want! My tint is illegal but no cop ever says a thing and Ive been pulled over A LOT! Even when I had my exhaust and hfc.. Nothing. People drive the craziest crap here. I need to start taking pics. Goodluck bud
yessir you are damn right!!! I ride around completely blacked out(except for lights) and modded out without a problem. love being down here. not to mention got 93 octane for 3.27/gallon here in irmo, sc yesterday!!!

btw you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the way you drive? you didn't seem to have any problems with it being stock? oh well hopefully you'll figure out whatever you need to do to either fight/comply with the laws in your area

Old 06-19-2012 | 01:08 AM
A bit of free advice from a mid 30's-year old guy who used to get messed with a lot by the cops in his youth (and I'm white and look pretty innocent with no criminal record or driving offenses... knock on wood): Don't mess with the cops in the town you live in. Nothing good comes from that and it will haunt you for a long time. There will be a time in the future when you just get sick of all the BS and really wish you could clear your name with them. The locals will continue to write you tickets instead of issuing warnings, and they'll go out of their way to pull you over for any little reason that they can think of. Believe it or not, I used to get pulled over on foot all the time because I'm a competitive long distance runner (as well as a night owl) and I do most of my training workouts at night around or after midnight on the roads around where I live. I'm a very patient person, and I'm glad I was able to hold my composure back when they used to mess with me, and just dealt with their BS until they got over it and got used to me. Most of the locals now know me as a good, law abiding citizen, and they don't ever screw with me anymore and I even know some of them by name due to seeing them so much out on the roads at night when there's not much else going on to keep them busy. I have a bunch of friends in my town who were not so patient in their youth, and it literally continues to haunt them now even a decade and a half or more later (same police chief).

Bite your tongue (even though it can be hard at times), swallow your pride, and just try to stay on good terms with them so they don't have extra motivation to make your life difficult for entire duration of time you live there.

In my opinion, it's not worth trying to fight the infraction, since most of the things they complained about are technically legitimate infractions in most states as defined by the law. I would just remove everything that they complained about. It's unfortunate that you will have to remove your exhaust system, but you had to have known that there was a possibility that this would happen when you bought some of those parts, since just about every manufacturer of "test pipes" clearly states that they aren't legal for use on public roadways due to their failure to comply with emissions regulations and the fact that they generally contribute to excessive exhaust noise (as viewed from the perspective of the law).

Once you get your car certified as being in compliance with their regulations, throw your HKS exhaust back on but leave the test pipes off. They do make High Flow Cats that are emissions compliant if you still insist on going that route.... so you could purchase a set of those when all this stuff blows over and is forgotten. Just bear in mind that the locals already have their eye on you and you might be pushing your luck by continuing to mod the car in such a fashion.

Last edited by partyman66; 06-19-2012 at 01:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
S 854 (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012 | 01:22 AM
beb
Originally Posted by TruGame
Immature Post
LMAO, listen here sweetie. I am pointing out that whether legal or not; the tint makes your car flashy. The testpipes and exhaust make your car illegal (not sure about exhaust but I am sure on the test pipe).

Learn to be a man - If you do something, realize that your actions have consequences. If you mod your car, the cops will do their jobs and pull you over. They are doing NOTHING wrong. If youre the one who keeps on getting pulled over and doesnt do anything about it but cry about it on the internet... well then, maybe you should find a different hobby.

Last edited by S 854; 06-19-2012 at 02:57 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by beb:
painttitblak (06-27-2012), Tabris (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012 | 02:18 AM
^ What he said.

This kind of thing is posted all the time on car forums.

You mod a car, you draw attention to yourself.
You knowingly don't pay attention to a law, don't complain if you get called on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cops love my G