G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this Normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
You should switch over to German Castrol 0W30..... see how your car does with that oil. That's all I run in my G after doing some research years ago over on the BITOG forums (Bob Is The Oil Guy) and people had good results with that oil on our motors based on a plethora of used oil analysis reports. Many people were reporting less than desirable results using the modern Mobil-1 formulation of synthetic oil on VQ engines.... excessive valve-train wear, if I remember correctly was the common culprit on more than a fair share of VQ engines that ran that oil consistently.

German Castrol, although rated as a 0W30 oil, is not a super-thin oil... it just flows well at low temperatures. You can only buy it at Auto-Zone and you have to look on the back label specifically for the little insignia that says "Made in Germany".... which is different than the "European Formula" Castrol Syntec that says "Made in the USA".
Thanks for the input im going to see what it does in the next 3K miles. Ill keep the castrol in mind for the next oil change thanks.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
You should switch over to German Castrol 0W30..... see how your car does with that oil. That's all I run in my G after doing some research years ago over on the BITOG forums (Bob Is The Oil Guy) and people had good results with that oil on our motors based on a plethora of used oil analysis reports. Many people were reporting less than desirable results using the modern Mobil-1 formulation of synthetic oil on VQ engines.... excessive valve-train wear, if I remember correctly was the common culprit on more than a fair share of VQ engines that ran that oil consistently.

German Castrol, although rated as a 0W30 oil, is not a super-thin oil... it just flows well at low temperatures. You can only buy it at Auto-Zone and you have to look on the back label specifically for the little insignia that says "Made in Germany".... which is different than the "European Formula" Castrol Syntec that says "Made in the USA".
Not only is German Castrol hard to find, but it gets expensive. IMO, any other good motor oil is going to be better than Mobile1 for the VQ motors.