My 2005 Diamond Graphite Coupe - A Long Journey From Day 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Deffinitly one of the top 5 dg coupes on driver. Good job bro

Old 07-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love your G35 man, can I ask where did you get your bumper man? is it made of plastic?

The following users liked this post:
JaE35 (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
^^is it plastic???? what??

and no its a polyurethane karuma z bumper

Old 07-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Lmaooo leave the newbie alone...

...plastic

Old 07-29-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow.. wheel set up are sick !!!!!

wheels setup are sick but it looks really aggresive. did you run stock camber or custom..
Originally Posted by XiN
Again, my car would sit pretty like that for awhile. But then a really good deal on a set of OEM brembos fell into my lap and I picked up the brakes from a member in Dallas. I must also add that Stephen (r1forever) was so kind enough to deliver these brakes for me.

Originally, the brembos were powdercoated white. Though I really liked the unique color of the brakes, they just didn't "pop" enough for me, so I got them redone in blue with the Infiniti lettering instead of the brembo.

15mm spacers had to be installed in the front to clear the A-disc face with my WORK T1S. I didn't want to be at a 0 offset in just the front, so I had them installed in the rear too. My final offset with my WORK T1S would be a 0 all around. I also lowered the car another half an inch.

Here's a video of them putting it on the alignment rack after everything was said and done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iFQ84NlurQ

And a rolling video right after the alignment was completed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_SOu...0&feature=plcp

My first real photoshoot with the brakes installed, new ride height, and wheel specs.

But alas, I got tired of looking like most G's on the forum so I decided to sell my WORK T1S. It was a hard decision and though I do miss my old wheels a lot, I'm glad I made the decision. Plus, I know they went to a good home. I see them every now and then in the Ivory Pearl thread!

Though I really wanted another set of JDM wheels (I was looking at SSR's), I didn't want to wait 5 months. So, my good friend Tony Walls (twalls) pointed me toward his buddy at Lusso Forged. In a short period of time, my LFC5's arrived at my door step.

20x9.5 and 20x10.5, -2 offset all around. Clears brembos with no spacers.

Around this time, my custom license plate with the U.S. Army Seal would arrive too.

Then, as a favor to Chad@LussoForged, we decided to do a shoot for him to use on his facebook page and his website. Photo credits go to Jason Scott of SouthrnFresh.

Once again, my car would sit like the above picture for awhile. However, a good friend of mine got rear ended and was looking to get a Chargespeed rear. Well, I worked out a deal with him that he could have my Chargespeed rear and he'd just buy a Strafespeed rear that he would give to me.

Here's the test fit. And don't mind the rear Iconz Forged wheel. We were test fitting my LFC5 on a G37S and I didn't have a spare jack stand so we just put his Iconz on my car as a place holder instead.

Painted 2 days after the test fit.

My first night strobe shoot. Image is taken by Jason Scott from SouthrnFresh.

And then I decided to take a trip from Houston, Texas to Wichita, Kansas to visit my parents and attend IFO Wichita. I also dragged some friends with me.

Unfortunately, it was raining really bad on the way back. I hydroplaned my car in Oklahoma City and ended up smacking the side of the wall. Luckily, I wasn't hurt. I was also lucky that no one else was behind me to run into my car since I slid across 4 lanes of highway.

The fortunate thing about that accident, is that my rear driver's side wheel took all the damage. No exterior body damage except for the large crack / scuff in my new Strafespeed rear bumper. The rest of the damage was done to the rear lower suspension, which ended up costing a pretty penny. Luckily, my insurance covered everything... including my wheel!

Yes, I'm well aware that it is a Falken FK452 and that probably played a part in my hydroplaning. Expensive lesson learned. Calm down, tire gurus!

While my car was down, I would also use the time to get my front bumper and sideskirts repainted since they were slightly damaged when my car was on the flatbed.

Well, my car would be long done before my replacement Lusso Forged LFC5 would come in. Lucky for me, I have an amazing friend by the name of Kevin (GeezNuts) who would let me borrow his WORK Gnosis GS4's temporarily until my wheel came in.

His wheel specs: 20x9.5 and 20x10.5, +12 all around. R-disc in the front, O-disc in the rear.

Kevin's 2006 Black Obsidian Coupe. One of the last images of his car before his part out.

Yes, I know... the rotors are rusted. I just got done washing the car.

And finally, my Lusso Forged LFC5 replacement wheel arrived. I'm happy to say, that I'm glad she's back the way she used to be.

Thanks for taking the time to go through my thread. It has been a long, painful, yet incredible journey with my car.

I don't really have a whole lot planned for the car now. I'm trying to save up some money. But I do intend to get an Ionic emblemless grill before the end of the year though. Maybe next year I'll finally get around to installing a TransGo or something.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
glad you finally made this thread Son. I've had the pleasure of watching your car change since back when you ran the t1s without spacers. very nice progression sir!

edit: WHY DID YOU QUOTE THE WHOLE FAWKING FIRST POST?!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts

Very cool progression bro. Your car's come a long way, one of the most tastefully modded G's here. Keep it up!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Looks great!! Such a clean and tasteful ride.. Now that I see the pics of the chargespeed though I like it more than the strafespeed, it looks cleaner without the vents..

Old 07-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Nice thread and beautiful G. Your taste is unquestionable.

Edit: adilxxrg35- why did you need to quote the whole picture thread to ask your question? I really wish we could modify the site to disallow this.

Last edited by sprix; 07-30-2012 at 11:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mycoolg (07-30-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 02:51 AM
love the T1s man. what are the tire specs and how was the ride quality. looking to order some gs4 with same specs but having trouble on tires. yours don't look to stretch but just perfect. info much need.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
can someone delete the post of the retard that quoted the whole first page lol

Old 08-01-2012, 01:04 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Y u no call no more? Sorry I missed you last week, we need to get together soon. Car looks great as always!!
Thanks, Tim. And you never call back! The phone works two ways, sir.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
wha color are the calipers? they look sick
Corvette LeMans Blue.

Originally Posted by alfhasg35
I kinda like the T1's since u really don't see too many g's with them as much anymore..
Yea, I miss those wheels a lot too. And they're becoming a bit more rare now since the T1S have been discontinued.

Originally Posted by gary c
Beautiful coupe, nice progression! We sure spend a lot of $$ on our coupes before we get it right and you did....
Gary
Yes we do. It's been a long road.

Originally Posted by UmadBro?
Mmmmm T1S
Bump for the babe .....erR
Your comments disturb me. Your text messages disturb me even more, which have resulted in me not responding to them anymore. But I still love you, Harvey!

Originally Posted by mycoolg
Deffinitly one of the top 5 dg coupes on driver. Good job bro
Thanks man! That means a lot, especially since they are some really hard hitting DG coupes on this forum. We can't forget drivers like Gord (Sylvan Lake), my friend Hieu, Shane, Patrick (when it was DG anyway), Calvin, Vic, Mike, Outcasted_G, and countless others on the West Coast. I'm just trying to do my best and hold it down here in Texas.

Originally Posted by DrewDrew
glad you finally made this thread Son. I've had the pleasure of watching your car change since back when you ran the t1s without spacers. very nice progression sir!
Thanks, Drew. Man, that's been a long time to follow my car. But don't count your car out too. It's changed quite as bit too, especially with your new kicks on.

Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Very cool progression bro. Your car's come a long way, one of the most tastefully modded G's here. Keep it up!
Thanks Fab. Your car has come a long way now too... from being Black Obsidian to ISF Blue and boosted, on top of being on Team RARE JDM.

Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Looks great!! Such a clean and tasteful ride.. Now that I see the pics of the chargespeed though I like it more than the strafespeed, it looks cleaner without the vents..
Thanks, Frankie. I feel the same too. I think the CS is definitely a lot more clean looking. But let's face it, when I bought the hood... my car was no longer clean. Besides, clean wasn't the look that I ended up with anyway.

Originally Posted by adilxxrg35
wheels setup are sick but it looks really aggresive. did you run stock camber or custom..
On what set up? Are you referring to? If you're referring to when I was +15 all around, my alignment was all within spec. If you're referring to when I was 0 offset all around, my toe was in spec but my camber was at a -1.8 and -2.1. If you mean my LFC5's, then I'm -2.1 and -2.5.

And why the hell did you have to quote the entire post? Seriously....

Originally Posted by adilxxrg35
love the T1s man. what are the tire specs and how was the ride quality. looking to order some gs4 with same specs but having trouble on tires. yours don't look to stretch but just perfect. info much need.
What specs? Do you mean the +15 or the 0 offset? My +15 was 245/35/20 and 275/30/20

But my 0 offset tire set up was 225/35/20 and 245/35/20

And, I just noticed your username too. And Adil, I swear if this is you using another username pretending to be slick asking me about wheels and tires again (after I've already told you 8 thousand times via text)... I will make sure that I get you banned from the Strictly G's forums.

And if you're not the same Adil from Houston... then I must apologize. Since your username is not only his name, but also the same wheels on his car too.

The following 2 users liked this post by XiN:
Silencer_0 (08-01-2012), Sylvan lake V35 (08-06-2012)
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
love the car up until the works and rear was sold. even tho it was cookie cutter was still sick.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by XiN
But my car wouldn't sit like that for too long. I was browsing the market place when I found a guy selling a Hikkita Dori hood in San Antonio for $300... BRAND NEW! So I hopped on that deal really quick.
That Hikkita Dori hood made me drool a little bit. Car looks great! I'm considering picking up some Brembo's myself. How much did they run you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2005 Diamond Graphite Coupe - A Long Journey From Day 1