G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Making the G35 into an exotic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by pavly
You guys are all ****ing idiots. Someone came asking for help and ideas and being imprisoned within your stupid inside the box commemts just made him put more work into it to show you all up. good job he just kicked your *** and your all probably driving your G35 now thinking ****, I could at least use a window motor now. You ****s lol
Yes I'm so jealous that I don't have a puke colored abomination thats fugly and lacks a track record for performance. I'm also jealous I don't have a mid-engine body design on my front-engine chassis. Lets not forget a hacked up unibody who's structural integrity is most likely weakened due to the proposed 500lb weight reduction. I went through that entire thread and followed the build and I have yet to see anything regarding structural reinforcements or anything performance orientated other than its looks.

Educate yourself before coming on here and sounding like an immature little brat.

Originally Posted by SoFloVan
...As long as it isn't just show and no go...
And there's the problem…
This guy's fabrication skills are remarkable, I just wished he didn't turn a G35 into something its not.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I can count the properly built G35s I have ever seen on Driver on one hand.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I can count the properly built G35s I have ever seen on Driver on one hand.
Whats your definition of a proper build?

Old 12-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Yes I'm so jealous that I don't have a puke colored abomination thats fugly and lacks a track record for performance. I'm also jealous I don't have a mid-engine body design on my front-engine chassis. Lets not forget a hacked up unibody who's structural integrity is most likely weakened due to the proposed 500lb weight reduction. I went through that entire thread and followed the build and I have yet to see anything regarding structural reinforcements or anything performance orientated other than its looks.

Educate yourself before coming on here and sounding like an immature little brat.

And there's the problem…
This guy's fabrication skills are remarkable, I just wished he didn't turn a G35 into something its not.
For a puke colored abomination, it's seemed to do decently at the two small shows it's been to (SEMA and Festival of Speed). Why is it such an issue to create a cab-forward designed ''KIT'' car on a well built front engine chassis? Being that it is a "Kit" car, what's to stop someone from just using this geometry to develop a tube chassis/ mid config.? A properly built cage is in place and the drivetrain/suspension was not half assed. If you didn't see anything regarding structure or performance, you haven't read enough. This particular car has dual 9'' DC brush putting out 600 ft-lbs.

The G35 was probably used because it is a good platform, it's available, and has good aftermarket support. But, what do I know? I'm just a fan of G's and I love how this kit turned out.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by bks14sr
For a puke colored abomination, it's seemed to do decently at the two small shows it's been to (SEMA and Festival of Speed).
The products of car shows doesn't say much.
Why is it such an issue to create a cab-forward designed ''KIT'' car on a well built front engine chassis? Being that it is a "Kit" car, what's to stop someone from just using this geometry to develop a tube chassis/ mid config.? A properly built cage is in place and the drivetrain/suspension was not half assed. If you didn't see anything regarding structure or performance, you haven't read enough.
Do you have a link where thats stated, because obviously I missed it. As well as the part describing weight distribution. I do understand the G35 chasis being used solely as a testbed for a body design, but I still don't buy all these claims that this prototype is a supercar. And I'm all for someone making a custom chasis for something like this since thats the only way this can be done properly. If thats what actually happened then I would have a different POV. I would still think its ugly but thats just personal preference.

This particular car has dual 9'' DC brush putting out 600 ft-lbs.
The concept of electric powered "supercars" doesn't mean squat to me until technology gets to the point where the motors can be powered efficiently.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts

The concept of electric powered "supercars" doesn't mean squat to me until technology gets to the point where the motors can be powered efficiently.
Let's not start that again....

How many of you are old enough to remember that reference?

Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The products of car shows doesn't say much.
Do you have a link where thats stated, because obviously I missed it. As well as the part describing weight distribution. I do understand the G35 chasis being used solely as a testbed for a body design, but I still don't buy all these claims that this prototype is a supercar. And I'm all for someone making a custom chasis for something like this since thats the only way this can be done properly. If thats what actually happened then I would have a different POV. I would still think its ugly but thats just personal preference.

I do agree that most shows are hardly a reference to quality, but these particular shows give a better gage.

I'll find links when I get a break. Weight distribution is controllable based off the direction of the build (drive train placement or in this case battery/drive placement).

Yes, EV's have plenty of room to progress when it comes to efficiency. But, being that this car is for fun, I don't think efficiency is the biggest concern. I don't think a comparable gas drive would be very efficient either.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
can't any of those vids to play

EDIT: Restarted my browser and it worked fine.

Last edited by Texasscout; 12-31-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Whats your definition of a proper build?
No corners cut, all aspects of the car improved.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Ill be really honest. Well done. I gave you he'll for doing this months ago. Thought you were a hooligan in your garage and I would never see this finished. Honestly well done. I think it looks good. I don't like the electric conversion. I don't like all show some go. But the car looks great. Interior looks great. Not my favorite color scheme... But guys a little respect haha. His build is better than mine. And my build has tanked forever.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
dude need to slap on the 06 tails

Old 12-31-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree with that. All that work and no dual ring 06 tails...

Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
impressed. didn't think it would have completed. I wouldn't buy one myself, but well done...

Old 12-31-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm debating on it haha. I really am talked to them and installed with interior and structure of the car, it's like 21k or so and they install it. Then you paint it and your out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Making the G35 into an exotic