G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Stolen Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Diamond_Coupe
lol yeh im down for the stickers too, that would sure spook me! hell half the people i know who have ADT or Alarm bull **** outside their house dont even have alarms!!

hahaha. My home has a very elaborate ADT system and very small
stickers only on the windows. I hate those darn blue stop signs on the
porch... who's paying me to advertise?!

Old 01-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh man, sorry to hear that man.
Did the insurance company pay for both cars? or did you take the loss?
i had a waiver of depreciation on my cooper s ... so i got everything back except my deductible which was low anyways. what got me was the fact that they still tried to scam 250$ from me by settling on a dealer lot vehicle that had "similar" options. if u've seen a mini u'll know that there is a crap load of options and styles to choose from. i had to fight to get all my money. we got another cooper on the way (which my wife loves) and it won't come in untill end of february.

the acura was much harder to settle on as they tried to give me their "fair" value on the vehicle. they basically tried to give me the wholesale price on the car. had to fight on that one too... took me an extra 10 days to settle but i finally sqeezed enough out of them to call it "fair."

on my next 2 cars i will definitely put on a boomerang (canada... i think it's the same as lo-jack) tracking device.

what really gets me is not the actual theft of the vehicles but the fact that these jacka$$' got away scott free and the cops did d$ck all to find them. i mean the insurance company did a better job at investigating the whole incident.

by the way ... they also stole my wife's bike that was sitting in the garage. how low can these guys go??!!!

enough ranting... can't wait for the new G to come in!

ps:
hahaha. My home has a very elaborate ADT system and very small
stickers only on the windows. I hate those darn blue stop signs on the
porch... who's paying me to advertise?!
i wouldn't rely too heavily on your home alarm... as i have one too and it did not stop them from breaking in ... taking the keys ... and leaving with the cars. i've since bought a dog... and hope that he will fair much better against these jacka$$' as a deterrent (cop told me of all the homes he's been to that have been broken into... not one had a homeowner with a dog).

-cheers all

Last edited by giddyup69; 01-19-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lojack? I dont think I want my car back if it gets stolen.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 94 accord was stolen right in front of my Apt complx.....took my entire stereo system and rims and left it to rot in the ghetto. They tore the ignition out of the accord, and started it with a screwdriver. Altho the immobilizer is very good in theft prevention, a Tow truck is not, these days theives are just towing cars away. Hope you get everything back or at least money for your loss.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:51 PM
i also opted for lojack. i forgot how much the install was, but i got the "premium" deal where it calls you on your cell, home, emails you, and pages you if the car is moved 5 mins without the fob near the ignition. seemed like a small price for peace of mind.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Duffy25
Lojack? I dont think I want my car back if it gets stolen.
One of my friends had their car stolen from the body repair facility. (Was in a minor accident). They found her car at the Oregon Dunes. (If you've never been there, it's rolling sand hills as far as the eye can see.)

Thankfully the car was totalled out, because of all the possible sand damage. (Car was found stuck in one of the hills)

Old 01-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I've always been paranoid about people breaking in, and driving off with my cars. That's why I've always been in the habbit of hiding my keys in the house, as I never just leave them sitting around. Heck, I still arm the alarm when the car is parked in my garage half the time....

Maybe it's time I buy a nice dog. Sometimes I wonder about thiefs not breaking into houses with dogs. My friends large huskies are so cute and playful. I guess you just have a different attitude with dogs, when you grow up with one. (German Shepard)

Old 01-19-2005, 06:03 PM
you're tough, you're a hockey player

Old 01-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i feel your pain!!! my 2 cars were stolen in november:

2003 acura cl-s
How can some1 steal that??

Very sry for both of you. I hope this never happenes to me.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:40 PM
EZZ
My brother's car was stolen 6 months back and the police recovered 2 weeks later. The car had been cleaned w/an oil change. Nothing was stolen...i guess the theif actually used the car. It was a 90 Camry.

Old 01-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Get a dog (German Shepherd) and he/she will be the head of security for your house. My dog (Rocky) barks at every little thing behind a fence (stupid cats, go back to sleep - j/k), but when we have people working at our house, the dog is a peacekeeper. It all depends how you train your dog, but its been a worthy investment, better, a great family member.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by bloodwings19
Get a dog (German Shepherd) and he/she will be the head of security for your house. My dog (Rocky) barks at every little thing behind a fence (stupid cats, go back to sleep - j/k), but when we have people working at our house, the dog is a peacekeeper. It all depends how you train your dog, but its been a worthy investment, better, a great family member.
That's the one positive attribute of my wife miniature poodle, he barks whenever someone comes near the house. That said, a thief would REALLY have to want my car to steal it from my house seeing that it's in my locked garage with a car alarm and house ADT alarm.