G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

looking to purchase, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2005 | 10:51 PM
My advice is to not buy the car if you have any financial concerns and stay in school dude! I've just purchased my G35 coupe only because I have finally finished 23+ long years of school/training and recently got a really nice job. Just my opinion!

Old 01-26-2005 | 11:48 PM
Go 4 it!

Yeah, I've been eyeballing this car for some time & I just had to own one. Yes, I know I can't afford it, but I figure ya only "go around" one time. My accountant said I could afford it. BS! Well between my Social Security and my Military Disability, I still squeek when I make the payment--SIX BILLS! I got all the toys except the navagation system--I figure the map is only $2.50......back in my time they used to be free. I'm not a kid, but diggin' my ride. Every 63 year old needs something to keep the adrenaline flowing. I'm looking at a set of 20" wheels with Pirelli tires.
Black, blacked out windows so I can slip in and out of the shadows in Geneva and I'm loving every mile.

Old 01-27-2005 | 12:18 AM
Call the Cops
wowww

some of you people are so rich! and you're only in your low to mid 20's

i wish i could make as much when im as old as that. and some of you are still in school too.

as for me

i work at subway
get paid 7.10 an hour
work 18 hours a week
525 a month and 900 for insurance 6 mos.

Old 01-27-2005 | 07:37 AM
Funny how it works... I used to own 1995 J-30 (RIP) when I was 23, making below average salary but I had no problem sleeping at night... Now I am almost 30, making way above average salary and I still can't make a move on my dream car. What's wrong with me?

Old 01-27-2005 | 08:24 AM
You guys should go price an M3, it'll make you feel better about your payments and logic. I'm looking at CPO ones right now and even those are pretty sobering.

Old 01-27-2005 | 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by BBB
wowww

some of you people are so rich! and you're only in your low to mid 20's

i wish i could make as much when im as old as that. and some of you are still in school too.

as for me

i work at subway
get paid 7.10 an hour
work 18 hours a week
525 a month and 900 for insurance 6 mos.
You know what, its all about time and persistance. Just keep at it.

I started working in the banking industry when I turned 18. In 3 short years, I worked my way from a part time teller to full time asst. manager. (All while going to college full time).

Its just how you play the game, how hard you want to work to achieve your goals, and pushing yourself to keep on track.

Good Luck!

Old 01-27-2005 | 12:01 PM
I want one too.

I have been looking hard @ G35 as well. However, the dealerships really suck.

First time: brief look, wanna do a test drive, sales told me to go test drive other cars (BMW,Acura) first before I test drive their G (when I am ready to buy after I told him I still wanna consider other cars first). Complained to Infiniti Corp and the usual apology was made, but still no offer for a test drive. So, never went back to him.

Second time: went to a different dealer after driving Z, TL. Dealer doesn't have the basic model I want, so briefly drove the sports tuned/Prem pkg AT. Loved it! But the attitude of the sales was horrible when I told him I only wanted a basic one.

Third time: Went thru internet sales dept, got a decent price @ the model I wanted. Test drove it, but couldn't agree on a few hundred $$ difference.

I kinda got turned off by their customer service, esp after reading some posts here.

Anyway, I am 31. I and my wife making $160K. We can afford the car, but the more important question is if I want to spend $35K on a fantastic car for myself or not. (I am thinking of buying a Ody for $30K so I can take my parents/family around more comfortably). I can almost buy 2 decent cars with $35K, 1 for me, 1 for my loved one(parents/wife/in-laws).

So, I might just wait till the 07 model. Kinda excited if it's really the GTR version.

Old 01-27-2005 | 12:08 PM
Some random manufacturers, products are OEM so I can name them whatever I please. Look out for "limka electronics", maybe the next big thing . I went to that large trade show in china this past january to get things started, investment is huge, risk is very high, basically leaving me with bills unpaid and no money to do mods. Let's see how it goes...

rs

Originally Posted by CLS2G35
Thats cool, who is the oem manufacturer?

Old 01-27-2005 | 12:33 PM
The way im playing it is this... If my total bills (rent, car, credit, cell, ect) total up to more than half of my bring home income, I dont mess with it. Even then its kinda close for me. Expecillay if your renting. Make sure you have enough $$ for unforseen issues and savings. On a side note, while in school I worked part time at Circuit City and bought a nice Maxima, $450/month + ins. I came out just fine but I dont want to be there ever again. I need to have a nice cushin in reserve.

Old 01-27-2005 | 12:47 PM
Cmon Son!
I am 3 odd years out of school with an engineering degree. I live with my girlfriend and split bills 60/40. After all of my bills which include college, credits, normal monthlys (cell, cable, even groceries, etc..), and insurance when I get this car with only a couple thousand down, I will still have plenty of dough left over.

Also included in those bills are the money we are setting aside to get a house next year, and I live in Fairfax County in VA. Not Cheap. Its not Cali, but damn.

As it has been said before here, its not necessarily about how much you make a year, but more how you spend your money.

For starters, make an excel spread sheet of ALL Bills and dont cut any corners.
Tally up all bills, subtract from what you make monthly (roughly) and see what you are left with. When I first did this, I did it for a full year which can account for any payments or expenses that arent monthly (rare)

Monitor your spending on areas that you are grey about. I did this for a couple months to see realistically what I was spending in gas. Everything else was pretty much accounted for or static payments.

I hope this helps.

Old 01-27-2005 | 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by rs2183
Some random manufacturers, products are OEM so I can name them whatever I please. Look out for "limka electronics", maybe the next big thing . I went to that large trade show in china this past january to get things started, investment is huge, risk is very high, basically leaving me with bills unpaid and no money to do mods. Let's see how it goes...

rs
Have you heard of a company called Wanlida group in china? My old boss is the US distributor for them, they build the brand called Malata.

Old 01-27-2005 | 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by clokwork
I am 3 odd years out of school with an engineering degree. I live with my girlfriend and split bills 60/40. After all of my bills which include college, credits, normal monthlys (cell, cable, even groceries, etc..), and insurance when I get this car with only a couple thousand down, I will still have plenty of dough left over.

Also included in those bills are the money we are setting aside to get a house next year, and I live in Fairfax County in VA. Not Cheap. Its not Cali, but damn.

As it has been said before here, its not necessarily about how much you make a year, but more how you spend your money.

For starters, make an excel spread sheet of ALL Bills and dont cut any corners.
Tally up all bills, subtract from what you make monthly (roughly) and see what you are left with. When I first did this, I did it for a full year which can account for any payments or expenses that arent monthly (rare)

Monitor your spending on areas that you are grey about. I did this for a couple months to see realistically what I was spending in gas. Everything else was pretty much accounted for or static payments.

I hope this helps.
I feel for ya trying to buy a house in northern va. I'm from up there originally, my parents just spend $750,000 on a new house up there. But yeah its tough to buy a house in northern va if didn't already own a house from ten years ago or make an insane amount of money. You didn't happen to go to Va Tech did you? Just wondering because of your engineering degree.

Old 01-27-2005 | 01:05 PM
Cmon Son!
nah, didnt go to tech, but I work closely with 3 guys that did and are hardcore fans of Football and now B-ball. They recruit heavily here from tech heh.

Old 01-27-2005 | 01:10 PM
Naw, never heard of Wanlida nor the brand Malata. I'm sure if I saw a picture of their products I would recognize it though. Seems in China the same exact camera will have 3 different manufacturers producing 100 different brand names and pumping out product throughout the world. How well did you old boss do with his distribution company?, if you don't mind me asking.

rs

Originally Posted by CLS2G35
Have you heard of a company called Wanlida group in china? My old boss is the US distributor for them, they build the brand called Malata.

Old 01-27-2005 | 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by rs2183
Naw, never heard of Wanlida nor the brand Malata. I'm sure if I saw a picture of their products I would recognize it though. Seems in China the same exact camera will have 3 different manufacturers producing 100 different brand names and pumping out product throughout the world. How well did you old boss do with his distribution company?, if you don't mind me asking.

rs
He's only been in it for a year now, not really sure how its going haven't talked to him in a while. Wanlida is an oem producer for companies like Polaroid, Audiovox and some of the more inexpensive brands around. They build dvd players (portable and home), LCD monitors, and other things.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking to purchase, need some advice.