G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just making my introduction, new G owner etc..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2012 | 02:17 AM
|
Just making my introduction, new G owner etc..

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd say hi, as I've been lurking the forums for a few months now. I picked up my 05 coupe this august and I have to say I'm completely happy with it. Most people consider me ignorant for trading my 2010 Taurus with under 40k miles for an 05 G35 with 70k on it but hey, I'm completely happy with my trade. I looked at a bunch of G37's (coupes of course, I'll never go back to a sedan unless I can find a great deal on a SRT8 Charger) and just couldn't justify the 35-40k price for the increased horsepower and what not. I haven't really done anything to it yet besides tint the tails GTR style (thanks to the guy who did the DIY with the wax paper tracing method btw, was great), a carbon fiber grille, and smoked out side markers. Eventually I'm going to pick up that sweet Seibon CF hood but that's another day. I've got plans for some FI but that'll come after a full rebuild and stuff. I'm 21 and from West Virginia in the Charleston area so if any of you guys are from around here it'd be great to meet up and go to some car shows or something. Here's some pics, because everyone knows that

Day I got it.

After blackening up the tails'

new grille

installed

Blacked out wheels and gas cap cover with plastidip. Great stuff, my taurus was murdered out with it and when i took it to the dealership they asked me if I had painted everything. Should have seen the look on their faces when I started peeling it all off. :P Just yesterday though I removed all the PD Off the rims and the gas cap, decided it was a cleaner overall look without it.

blacked out still

Last but not least. These were taken today with the PD removed from the rims.

here was the taurus.

Anyways, I'm glad I finally got my dream car. Definitely worth the trade to me even though my mom wanted to punch me in the throat for taking such a downgrade. :P

Last edited by Saboture; 09-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2012 | 09:24 AM
Welcome to DRIVER....I guess?

Beware when you post pic, you're going to receive our opinions and from what I noticed you may receive a or two. It appears you're modding your G exactly like you did that fugly Ford. Not painting your new grille and covering your gas door breaks up the beautiful profile flow of our G35s. Gas door looks like a pimple on a pretty girls backside, why? Check out our garages and GALLERY and see how great our rides look modded with some logic and taste....Gary

Old 09-30-2012 | 11:05 AM
looked better the day you got it

Old 09-30-2012 | 11:11 AM
Things I think would look good: Color match the grill and remove the mesh, convert the gas door back to the way it was, drop. Focus on making the car look "clean" rather then something you would see in a F&F movie.

Old 09-30-2012 | 11:28 AM
Roh
Originally Posted by saltyload
looked better the day you got it
agreed. dont head down the same path that you did with your ford....

Old 09-30-2012 | 04:34 PM
G35 Coupe
EWWWWWW to the gas door , what are you an eclipse ?! also EWWWWWWWWWWW to the gold brakes. If youre going to paint them , either black or silver. stands out too much unless you get a BBK or brembos thats fine.

Old 09-30-2012 | 05:13 PM
welcome to the forums and good call on taking off the plastic dip

Old 09-30-2012 | 06:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
welcome to the forums and good call on taking off the plastic dip
Thanks for reading that I indeed removed the plastidip from both the wheels and the gas cap. The mesh on the grille is painted black however I'm not going to paint over the CF to match body color.

Here you can see the grille painted

Also, I think the gold calipers look good, they stand out but aren't extremely noticeable. The older 35's had gold brembos, which is where I got the inspiration from.

Clean is good to a certain point but I feel like when your car doesn't stand out or just stands out because of the rims, you're just blending in with all the other cars on the road. You can be flashy without being riced out in my opinion lol.

Old 09-30-2012 | 06:58 PM
G35 Coupe
MUCH BETTER ^ take down previous pictures, or embold BEFORE AND AFTER to show your good deeds

Old 09-30-2012 | 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Saboture
Thanks for reading that I indeed removed the plastidip from both the wheels and the gas cap. The mesh on the grille is painted black however I'm not going to paint over the CF to match body color.

Here you can see the grille painted

Also, I think the gold calipers look good, they stand out but aren't extremely noticeable. The older 35's had gold brembos, which is where I got the inspiration from.

Clean is good to a certain point but I feel like when your car doesn't stand out or just stands out because of the rims, you're just blending in with all the other cars on the road. You can be flashy without being riced out in my opinion lol.
Hate to say it but your car is already riced out. Aftermarket unpainted grill on an otherwise stock car, rocking blacked out side markers defeats the practical purpose of having them(i hate the stock ones too which is why i did the mod in the pic below - not my car but im running same setup.) Blacked out tail overlays only work great if you have something to back them up(again, not on a stock car, it just looks riced out).

I hope you realize there is a proper way of "murdering" out a car. Well the rice way, and the nice way.

Look below, paint the headlight housing black, instead of the headlight;

Color matched gialla grill..

Do a light tint on the rear tails;

Also you are right, you do stand out without needing wheels/anything else, but the group you stand with is the one with the ridiculous mods that make a ride look like a nonthoughtout mess with no flow. Chrome headlights + blacked tails = eww

Oh ya debadge the trunk and leave just mt fuji on there.

The following users liked this post:
Saboture (09-30-2012)
Old 09-30-2012 | 10:33 PM
Looks are subjective. To the OP do what ever you want to the car, at the end of the day your the one whose paying for it so just do what makes you happy.

The following users liked this post:
Saboture (09-30-2012)
Old 10-01-2012 | 08:35 AM
I like the "Day I got it" look myself...

And coming to Infiniti from Ford is NOT a downgrade...

Old 10-01-2012 | 10:45 AM
No Clue & Zero Taste....we gonna let em slide?

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Looks are subjective. To the OP do what ever you want to the car, at the end of the day your the one whose paying for it so just do what makes you happy.
Seriously....^....when a member posts pic of his/her ride and they obviously don't have a clue along with sub zero taste we can't let em slide, they need help!
Gary

Old 10-01-2012 | 12:27 PM
I have never seen someone just black out the gas cap on our cars haha. Also if thats the carbon fiber grille from ebay, thats not REAL carbon fiber. I read a review and its just an overlay...

Old 10-01-2012 | 01:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
I have never seen someone just black out the gas cap on our cars haha. Also if thats the carbon fiber grille from ebay, thats not REAL carbon fiber. I read a review and its just an overlay...
Grill was purchased here.

http://extremedimensions.com/03-07-G...ma-Grille.html

Man you guys are a tough crowd. Wait till I throw a huge spoiler on my car, drop it and cover it in JDM stickers with yellow vinyl on the headlights.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just making my introduction, new G owner etc..