G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

06 projector recall UPDATE! Swapped lights EXCHANGED for FREE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^lmao.

i totally forgot tho that recalls are decided by vin by the service tech . not really by individual parts

Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
we won't even let a customer bring a battery up under warranty it has to be in the vehicle and testable... recalls/service campaigns are sent out by VIN to the original owner, I can't imagine a dealer dumb enough to just hand a set of lights out..... but ya never know

Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil@GRUBBS
well it's also entirely possible that the dealer isn't doing it's due dilligance and just remembers there was a recall on it, and will be suprised when Nissan doesn't reimburse them for the recall work.... there's always ICB (individual case basis) I know up until about a month ago, we were doing 2 or 3 of these still, it wasn't till I tried to order a few of these to get for the G35driver members that I found out they were discontinued.....
Again i am not in ANY way trying to undermine you, i know you are helpful and only stating what you know. However i took two different sets of lights to two different dealerships. one in DE and one in Jersey, they both did the same thing, got me new lights. the jersey dealer DID try to give me trouble, i had them call the hotline number i posted above, and they got the a$$ handed to them,apologized to me,and ordered me new lights from an offsite store.

Again guys, whyyy would i make this up? Why would i waste my time to keep posting when people keep asking the same question? BECAUSE THIS IS REAL. Granted i agree with Phil every dealer does stuff diff, however IF you call that hotline they WILL make the dealer service you, as they told me, If you have an OEM recalled part that was recalled BY THE GOVERNMENT, they MUST fix it. Now, if its just in INFINITI recall,then yes saywat and Phil you guys are correct, they can EASILY say NO. But the lights are a federal thing.

take care and good luck

Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Ok first off I NEVER set off to call anyone a LIAR (I can capitalize too) LOL
and since I am not there, and can't verify anything other than what happens HERE. So it's entirely possible that the dealer up there is doing that for you, I have never disputed that FACT, only that it wouldn't happen here. But curious as I am, I CALLED the Infiniti Consumer Affairs hotline, and was basically told this "ALL our campaigns/recalls are VIN specific, at no time should a dealership hand out lights when just lights are brought in" "this recall is for 2006, if the VIN was a 2003 the Recall would not be performed" no the only POSITION I am in, is Parts, I don't claim to be an expert, and I can be wrong, I know the OP is helping people try to get thier lights done, and I agree, IF the VIN brought in has never been done, Infiniti is OBLIGATED to perform the work. But if the vehicle brought in VIN is not applicable, or the headlights are BROUGHT in off the vehicle, I would imagine the dealership is more than likely using GOODWILL rather than the recall information. this is just my 2 cents, I also want to help members, and I would NEVER mislead them to not getting what they deserve, but in any part of the USA other than that dealership you need the VIN to obtain that RECALL work.....
I too am done with this, I just want to help members and avoid confusion those, are the FACTS as per Nissan Consumer Affairs as of 11-12-12
~phil~

The following users liked this post:
Invalid_User (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
How hard is it for a dealer to pass on paper work to corporate to get their recall reimbursements even if they did the replacement wrong? Like it is easy to submit Bs paperwork?

Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by saywat?
How hard is it for a dealer to pass on paper work to corporate to get their recall reimbursements even if they did the replacement wrong? Like it is easy to submit Bs paperwork?
well, I am not 100% sure of the whole procedure but once it's done, the part is logged, and after infiniti pays for it, you can dispose of it, however sometimes they want it back, and if you cant send it back to them or cant find it, they won't pay you for it,
you can't BS the system, it's pretty stringent and strict