G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Kids these days........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 05:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kids these days........

I guess when it comes to immature and the irresponsible, teens are stereotyped, but there's some truth stemming from it.

Tonight, I was taking a drive on my coupe with my 3 wk old baby boy and wife. From my rear view, I saw some of those cheap blue projectors on 3 cars coming up my rear fast. By the way, I have my "Baby On Board" sign. There was a 90s prelude, 90s accord, and a 90s civic.........all of them had mismatching colored bumpers and side skirts just flapping around. They kept taunting me for a good 5 miles and was beginning to **** me off..........so I flicked them off and then they all cut me off. One of them almost rammed into divider because the idiot couldn't drive! It really pisses me off that these kids have no respect for human life........I have a 3wk old in the backseat and they want to race? What the fkcu.........personally, this type of disrespect would be handled in a very different manner if it was a few yrs ago, but apparently my responsibilities showed me the right way.

I just wanted to say for those wanting to street race, please take it to the track..........human life is truly priceless

Old 01-22-2005, 07:16 AM
It's amazing how quickly people change their mindset once they quit thinking solely about themselves. Those young kids ONLY care about themselves, it's almost a sickening right of passage in America today. If you want to blame someone, blame the parents of those kids for not raising them with better morals/values. Not every teenager acts this way, so it proves that it's not solely the kids fault.

Old 01-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Frankly, I wouldn't care less if they killed each other off with street races, but it's sad to see their family and innocent by-standers suffer.*

*(and maybe hikes in our insurance rates)

In British Columbia (Canada), we have only one insurance company, so I've been paying higher rates ever since I got my first car to subsidize these yahoos.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey, just wanted to say that we aren't all that way. I'm 19 and i got my G, and I always try to drive responsibly. I may go fast, but I don't endanger others.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:21 AM
"Those young kids ONLY care about themselves, it's almost a sickening right of passage in America today."

Can't paint all younger folks with the same brush guys....

Some got a good head on their shoulders.

One thing for certain is that the younger you are, the less of an understanding you have about the long term consequences of your actions. Add alcohol/testosterone to this mix and the results are often deadly.

This is human nature and is not at all specific to this generation of young folks...

Old 01-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah, kids these days... =T we're talking about teenagers and not early 20s right?

Old 01-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Law should make it mandatory for these knuckle heads to be in Iraq rather than on our streets since they are so "fearless". I know what you mean wil, they will taunt you by pulling upside you then gunning it and slowing down for you to catch up...its like hey focker, get the point, I am not going to race you. And its especially ego crushing when they try and try and you just drive normal in your G simply knowing that "if" you hit the throttle a bit you would be gone, but I don't waste gas on people I KNOW will loose.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:57 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately, this is one reason why I will get an SUV when I get kids. It just makes me feel safer because I know that size does matter in accidents. I just had a baby in the car the other day and I was driving very carefully but I realized how nervous I was.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks and is annoying that you couldnt drive peacefully. On a different note, Congrats on the newborn! I have a 4 week old that I drive around in my coupe as well. Isnt it nice having a roomy backseat in the coupe!

Old 01-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by wil
I just wanted to say for those wanting to street race, please take it to the track..........human life is truly priceless
Amen to that

Old 01-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wil - congrats on your baby. I have a 4month old myself.

what I usually do (I encounter ric0rs in my area myself) just slow down
and let them pass me. If they continue to insist to street race, I take down their
plate numbers and tell them Im calling the cops while showing them my celphone.

One of the many reasons I sold the rex was because of these irritating kids wanting
to race me all the time.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeh... even though i'm only 18...when i think back to when i was driving @ 16...i felt like such a jackass. I would love taking my friends @ stop lights and doing 0-60 runs ever chance i get. Luckly i had a SUV so i couldn't really go fast. mm some people say that 18 is still a young and immature age...but for some reason...driving fast just doesn't appeal to me anymore. In fact...my parents even complain that i drive too slow sometimes now. I think being in 2 car accidents with teen friends finally got a message through my head; "why the hell do i need to drive fast...its not like i need to impress anyone or anything". Furthermore...my friend from high school (a senior) died last saturday in a car accident and a girl with her is in a coma. It was in the San Jose Mercury News (17th+18th) for you bay area people. The ***** who was driving only had his license for a week. Rumors say he fell asleep on the wheel going 65 on highway 280 and plowed into 2 trees. Her funeral is going on right now today...

Even though my driving record is perfect (never got a ticket or accident), I have had many close calls. I am just a lucky one... So please...you teens with 300 hp cars...drive safely and don't drink and drive! Who knows...you might just be next...

Old 01-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by socketz
Can't paint all younger folks with the same brush guys....
Originally Posted by neffster
"Those young kids ONLY care about themselves, it's almost a sickening right of passage in America today."
Those is a pronoun used to refer to the 3 young kids in the first post. "Those" apples, "those" tires, or "those" morons that don't read my posts correctly (j/k).

In no way was I referring to "all younger folks" as you implied.

I'm surprised my following comment didn't clue you in to that
Originally Posted by neffster
"...Not every teenager acts this way..."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kids these days........