G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What do you think? Is this 2003 G35 fixable???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes the you got the reinforcement part right, a rear body panel is the panel that your tail light Bolt on to, whole rear back part. Quarter panel is the panel located between the door and the rear bumper. As for the frame damage I don't think there's much if any. Looks like the hit was over the reinforcement..

Originally Posted by Damnstraight001
Hey Beyond Sublime,
what is a quarter panel, bumper reinforcement, and rear body panel?

I think the bumper reinforcement is the metal bar behind the plastic bumper. And i think the rear body panel is the plastic between the trunk and rear bumper but not sure. Any help is much appreciated!

Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Sublime for the clarification,
One question. Is the quarter panel the panel that is just above the rear wheel well? So just off to the side of the rear windshield around where the gas cap door would be? But obviously for the other side as well? That one is slightly damaged, wasnt sure if I could replace that. but it bends back where the trunk is pushing into it.

If the frame is located more towards the bottom of the car then maybe it might be ok. Seems like the machine or whatever it was just crunched the middle section of the back car.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 PM
What does anyone think of replacing (if it can be) the damaged parts with used after market parts? Maybe it might be cheaper and easier to find these parts.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes that would be the quarter panel. As replacing with aftermarket parts. The only aftermarket parts you will be able to replace are the bumper and tail lights. Quarter are welded on and so is the rear body panel. As for buying the quarter and rear body panel used the problem is that when u buy them used they sell you a complete portion of the car. So when you take it to a shop they charge you the instal labor twice cause they have to remove and clean the part before putting it on your car. I do this for a living I hate putting on used panels, but sometimes it has to be done.

Thanks Sublime for the clarification,
One question. Is the quarter panel the panel that is just above the rear wheel well? So just off to the side of the rear windshield around where the gas cap door would be? But obviously for the other side as well? That one is slightly damaged, wasnt sure if I could replace that. but it bends back where the trunk is pushing into it.

If the frame is located more towards the bottom of the car then maybe it might be ok. Seems like the machine or whatever it was just crunched the middle section of the back car.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
If you can get it for free then get it for sure. I'm sure you could fix it and if not you could part it out and make a few grand off it

Old 11-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey Sublime,
i did not know that about getting a used rear body panel and a quarter panel. If they charge me for twice the labour than maybe it runs the same cost as if i were just to get the part new. Not sure . . . .

Hey Krazy and anybody else,
Its my mom in law so I am thinking about giving her 2k for it. (Dont want to be a bad son in law). She did pay 10k for it, so I thought giving her something is better than nothing. But if i bought for 2k is it still worth it? I am thinking it is, even if i pay for 3-5k in repairs. . . .

Old 11-22-2012, 08:41 PM
I think paying 2k would be fine especially if it has a clean title. Repairing it just depends on your own abilities or what connections you might have with a body man. Depending on the extent of the frame damage they might be able to throw it on a frame rack and pull it back out. May not be perfect but fairly close. Also do some research and see what parts you can find in your area. Chances are you aren't gonna find paint matching parts you'll have to have them painted.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The pictures are tiny as hell, cannot see that well, but it does look repairable but if you dont have connections with the right people it wont be worth it.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Krazy,
Already looking for parts. Blue is best but if not I can consider them getting painted. I am patient though and will wait for a junkyard blue to come in. I waited two years for a black acura el bumper to show up in a junk yard. I am calling around for my friends connections to see what kind of body work and price they can quote at.

Hey Visual Seven,,
Take a look at the pic links just a few posts below what you saw. You'll get bigger pictures there.

What do you guys think this will cost in terms of repairs? Just a range would be good enough for me to determine if this is worth getting fixed or not. REgardless , i will try to get a guy to look at it next week.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi Krazy,
Already looking for parts. Blue is best but if not I can consider them getting painted. I am patient though and will wait for a junkyard blue to come in. I waited two years for a black acura el bumper to show up in a junk yard. I am calling around for my friends connections to see what kind of body work and price they can quote at.

Hey Visual Seven,,
Take a look at the pic links just a few posts below what you saw. You'll get bigger pictures there.

What do you guys think this will cost in terms of repairs? Just a range would be good enough for me to determine if this is worth getting fixed or not. REgardless , i will try to get a guy to look at it next week.
Hmm it does look "repairable" ive seen worse **** get repaired but take the rear bumper off and see what it looks like there..

Here is what mine looked like
What do you think?  Is this 2003 G35 fixable???-en9wo.jpg

And yes even from a decently small impact like that when i took everything off in the trunk (carpets,etc) there were some stress cracks on the floor.

Last edited by VisualSeven; 11-22-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 PM
I would guess 3k but its hard to say

Old 11-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Yes that is correct, the part is a little more but you'll make it up in the labor. Also you'll have a new panel.

[QUOTE=Damnstraight001;6634722]Hey Sublime,
i did not know that about getting a used rear body panel and a quarter panel. If they charge me for twice the labour than maybe it runs the same cost as if i were just to get the part new. Not sure . . . .

The following users liked this post:
Damnstraight001 (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 03:55 AM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
anything can be fixed

Old 11-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
tbh i couldnt even tell that was a g35 if you didnt say so lol

Old 11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Just replacing parts won't get this coupe back on the street! Rear panels cut out and replaced, everything from the glass back replaced and that doesn't count having the frame straightned....possible but expensive. Seriously, you'd have to be an experienced body man to get'er fixed!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you think? Is this 2003 G35 fixable???