G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Replacing stock headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing stock headlights

Looking to replacing my foggy stock headlights. What options do I have?
(2004 G35 Coupe)

Old 12-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
2006 projectors are your best option. Another member grabbed some off of eBay for 350 a couple days ago, said no one else bid on them. If you can find some at a dealer in the middle of nowhere with the old part #, it will be about 500. The new part number puts them at 800 and change.

Of course you could always just buff them out, or buy new 03-05 headlights. I think they look terrible compared to the projectors, but that's just IMO.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go LED's for DRL in the day and fog at night.......

Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Spyder Halo LEDs!!!

Someone backed up into my front headlight this past year. Instead of getting a new stock headlight, I looked into the spyder projector halo LEDs. These things are SICK!!! The projector lights are bright as hell. I had to adjust the angle so I wouldn't blind every car on the road. They are so illuminating that I be never have to use the high beams lol. And the led strip and halo ring together with the the projector light is fantastically striking. You can get the projector light in several different colors: white, blue (what I have since my g is blue), yellow, and purple. Most sites have them around 500.00. The lowest price I've seen them are 420.00 at protuninglab.com
Here is the link

http://www.protuninglab.com/2drcoupe1.html

You can get smoked lights, chrome, or clear with silver and black insides (what I have since I have silver and black accents)

This is the best mod I've done to the style of my car to date (I've painted my calipers and lug nuts blue, did a medium tint to my tail lights, and smoked out my side reflector lights to match the spyder LEDs)

Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
OE '06 Projectors Best Mod for your coupe!

You have all kinds of options but the best up grade you can make to your '04 coupe is OE '06 projectors. Stay away from the crud they sell on eBay, you'll be wasting your $$. Check with our Infiniti dealership sponsors on our MARKETPLACE, best price and you'll get new Nissan in the box projectors....you'll love em!
Gary

Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Pdfrizz
Someone backed up into my front headlight this past year. Instead of getting a new stock headlight, I looked into the spyder projector halo LEDs. These things are SICK!!! The projector lights are bright as hell. I had to adjust the angle so I wouldn't blind every car on the road. They are so illuminating that I be never have to use the high beams lol. And the led strip and halo ring together with the the projector light is fantastically striking. You can get the projector light in several different colors: white, blue (what I have since my g is blue), yellow, and purple. Most sites have them around 500.00. The lowest price I've seen them are 420.00 at protuninglab.com
Here is the link

http://www.protuninglab.com/2drcoupe1.html

You can get smoked lights, chrome, or clear with silver and black insides (what I have since I have silver and black accents)

This is the best mod I've done to the style of my car to date (I've painted my calipers and lug nuts blue, did a medium tint to my tail lights, and smoked out my side reflector lights to match the spyder LEDs)
One of the first positive reviews I've seen, many members claim they are poorly designed, hard to aim, have bad light output and look tacky. Good first post though, doesn't sound like an advertisement at all.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
One of the first positive reviews I've seen, many members claim they are poorly designed, hard to aim, have bad light output and look tacky. Good first post though, doesn't sound like an advertisement at all.
I don't know what those guys were on. These lights are fantastic. Just before it gets dark, you can put your parking lights on and have just the LED strip with the halo ring on. They look so sexy and engaging. I will say that adjusting the angle of the light took some trial and error. It was only slightly frustrating because to adjust our lights, you have to take the bumper off to get at the headlight. I installed these in myself. I switched the ballast out if my stock HID's and put them in these spyder headlights. These lights are bright, clear, extremely stylish, and unique. And this option (clear lense with black and silver) goes superb with my G. I'm trying to put pics up. Only managed to upload one with my parking lights on. The others keep failing to upload. Maybe cuz I'm doing this all on my iPhone? Lol. Some help would be nice if anybody knows anything about picture uploading from your phone.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I've said it once, and I will say it again... if an aftermarket company made some replacement headlights for our cars that were as close to 06+ OEM as possible, they would make a killing. It sucks that the only options out there are the now mega expensive and super rare 06+ OEM lights and ultra tacky aftermarket lamps riddled with LEDs. Can I get a happy medium?

Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM
You are probably right. There are tons of people that want their rides to remain as stock as possible. Original looking 06 lights would be a good idea to take on. My G is an 06, so I know what you mean. The difference of the HIDs compared to the 03-05 is very evident. I just wanted some extra style to make my car unique. I hate tackiness, but these aren't tacky at all...at least not to me. The material and visuals are very high quality. We all have our opinions though.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Also as a side note, foggy headlights can be restored. There are plenty of restoration videos on YouTube.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
I'd restore. you risk loosing light output with those unknown projectors. those leds will eventually go out/start to flicker and they do look fairly ricey..

Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by JKL1031
I'd restore. you risk loosing light output with those unknown projectors. those leds will eventually go out/start to flicker and they do look fairly ricey..
Idk about other brands, but these use the same ballast to power the HID bulb as the stock 06 HID. My car is an 06, so I just switched them out. Life wise, it shouldn't be any worse than stock lights.I did run into an incident when my car was overheating (radiator fans weren't working; Infiniti had issued a recall years ago. Whole other story lol) and the coolant spilled onto my just installed headlight and fried the wire powering the halo ring. I had to splice it open and reconnect it to the LED connector so it could work. I hope I never have to remove that bumper ever again lol

Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Check out James@OC Infiniti, they're on sale on our MARKETPLACE or call 714-650-8586....Gary

Last edited by gary c; 12-30-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:51 AM
06 projectors with 6k hids and 3k for fogs

Old 07-31-2013, 06:00 PM
I am looking at replacing the stock headlights as well while keeping the OEM bulbs. I was looking at the Spyder Halos with smoked lenses, do people not recommend them? I have yet to see pics with the smoke version... Also as a very cheap alternative I was considering this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G35-coupe-sm...b50d8b&vxp=mtr

Is the lens overlay a bad idea for how it affects lights ? Will they be too dim? My '05 G35 coupe is black and that is the main reason I want to switch out headlights to something dark. I wanted to help against lasers and with looks but not reduce lights practicality.

Also can the DRL lights be wired to only work with other lamp at night? I am definitely not interested in having DRL like manufacturer intends during the day.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Andrei2k; 07-31-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Forgot a note

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replacing stock headlights