Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
If the douche fits

Old 04-07-2013, 05:15 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Kerry Garrison
The search in the forum is pretty bad. Sometimes it doesn't find anything and other times it has pretty good results. If it is so easy to find a bunch of threads with the search, than why not throw some links into a reply? This is a great community of people helping each other, let's try to keep it that way.
Google search: "...topic..." + g35driver. Works much better than this forum's search feature.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by bma619
Theres no reason to hate someone for making multiple threads about an issue.
While I get the majority of what you're saying, making multiple threads about the same topic is against forum rules. Searching for answers is proper etiquette on every forum I belong to and it's no different here. The reason it's encouraged is to keep the board as clean as possible. Imagine waking up one morning to 10 new threads on what's the best intake, 15 new threads about what's the best oil, and 20 new threads about what color should I paint my wheels.

The search function on Driver does need work, I get much better results by going to Google and entering G35 Driver:****. Pulls up more relevant topics and also finds links to other sites relating to the question as well. Now about the flaming, it happens everywhere and unfortunately is a part of forum life. Some find it amusing, others not but this is America and we value freedom of speech so it will probably never leave forum life. I don't think the majority of people that do flame actually do it out of a place of hate, they're just trying to be the resident comedians which some people enjoy and others not so much.

Unfortunately the G has dropped so low in value that the board is now being flooded with the super young crowd and along with that comes a great deal of immaturity and a lot of inexperience with car forums and the knowledge of the way they work. That makes our job as moderators even harder because we have to decide when and where to be patient with the new crowd and when to be firm. I still love this forum after 4 years, but it sure has changed. It's gotten to the point that I cringe before opening a lot of threads when I read the title because I can only imagine what's in there. But I stay because we have an awesome staff that is dedicated to Driver and who does the best they can to continue to make this forum THE premiere site for all things G. I never would have acquired a third of the knowledge I have about my car without this site.

So what's the point I'm trying to make? N00bs will ask dumb questions, flamers are gonna flame, and moderators are gonna moderate with the hope we can all get along and enjoy Driver for what it is.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
For those that don't like reading paragraphs, here's a visual representation of what was just said:

Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
number one im not asking a dumb question ... Its pretty relevant . It may be a newb question but its still important to know and im sure many people that never had triptronic may be interested in the answer.. I searched google and the thread and found no results answering my question if its safe, just on how to use it.. Listen , even if a person searches sometimes an answer may not be found...
No reason to tell someone to gtfo on his first post in the g35 community without even knowing a situation... Then again that leads to age and maturity. No adult would say something so dumb.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to DRIVER Chaznad! Drive your coupe for a few weeks so you know how it shifts in AT mode, and what your engine sounds like. Then you can start using the manual mode and stay the hell away from the red line, no reason to wind her that tight. You can switch back to AT mode without issues....Gary

Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
As long as you dont downshift from 2nd to 1st, using the M mode is safe on the autos. I can definitely feel it struggle from 2nd to 1st so I just let the ECU do it itself. I find the auto M mode pretty impressive considering its 10 years old. Downshifts are sometimes slow but it matches your revs beautifully. The rev matching makes downshifts safer on the auto, and is the first auto to come out with that feature. Upshifts are crisp and relatively quick. You can definitely tell a difference between upshifts and downshifts in M mode versus standard mode which does quite noticeably change the driving experience IMO. Plus you can get higher revs in between shifts in M mode.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Looooool you're faaacking awesome

Old 04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
No, its fine but put it in Drive on the highway, the Trans locks at a lower RPM in Drive.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kerry Garrison
The search in the forum is pretty bad. Sometimes it doesn't find anything and other times it has pretty good results. If it is so easy to find a bunch of threads with the search, than why not throw some links into a reply? This is a great community of people helping each other, let's try to keep it that way.
yeah the search on this forum sucks...i find it easier to search on google then maybe it will bring me back to a thread on here