G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

test drove a Z, does the g35shifter vibrate same?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
test drove a Z, does the g35shifter vibrate same?

I would like to give my honest opinions on the car.......I'm planning to get either a g35c 6spd or a 350z and I went to a nissan dealer to check out the Z.

The car as always looks real nice from the outside when I first looked at it....so me and the salesguy hopped in and went for a test drive....the saleguy was driving 1st.

I like how the window opens down a lil bit when you open the door and closes when you shut it..like on BMW's

I first noticed the door panel ... sorry to say that i was dis appointed on the type of material that was used....yes it does feel and look "cheap"

Wow, this car sounds awesome, the salesguy didnt really know how to drive a stick so he had to rev it up to 2-3 just to ease out of 1st gear..but man the car sounds real nice. is the g35c sound the same way?

The AC is great and could blow some air .

the ride wasnt all that bumpy to me, so the ride wasnt a problem.

so he was sitting on the car had it rev up to 3-4k rpm...and just guns it...pulls me to the back on my seat...wow nice pull...so we pull over and he lets me drive...

This car clutch is nice... feels just like a porche I have driven b4..
so I noticed the shifter had a lil vibration but no biggie...

well after a trun i get on it , nice even pull, but for sound weird reason nothing like how it felt when I was the passanger, the car gearing wasnt to short and I only got up to the end of 2nd then i started slowing down...

But man when i shifted from 1st - 2nd , the car shifter was vibrating like crazy......I driven my friend supra and honda b4 with a short shifter and polyurethane bushing and no way it even feels come close to virating as much as the Z did..I was surprised a lil disaapointed by it....is the G35c shifter lthe same way?

Overall I liked the car...nice ext and nice set up for the int. but feels a lil "cheap". I would still get the car if i was looking some something under 30k...base and enthu model is a good value but I feel for 34k-37k isnt worth it. I would look at a g35c if I was gonna pay 34k.

This is my honest opinion on the car and would like to get ur feedback on the things I liked and didnt like about the car.for now I'm set on getting a G35c

Old 05-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Re: test drove a Z, does the g35shifter vibrate same?

The Z felt a little cheap to me also when I took it out for a test drive, performance model. The G definately has a more luxury feel to it, and honestly it compares very well to the e46 bmw. I don't think that the shifter vibrates more than it would on any other car....

Old 05-03-2003, 12:36 AM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: test drove a Z, does the g35shifter vibrate same?

jax, get the G, its an awesome car, with willow interior, my shifter doesnt vibrate that much, only when i pop the 1-2 shift, but thats because im still learning/adjusting [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i got mine for 32,8
6MT base model with splashgaurds, im very impressed by the stock sound system, the only thing is that i wish i got the sunroof. so your looking at 33,8 not bad at all!

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 05-03-2003, 01:15 AM
tires squeal with shifting

I've noticed a little vibration as well, but not enough to bother me at all. This is the second car I've owned with a manual and the first one was over 10 years ago. When I'm accelerating hard, I get a loud tire squeal and lurch when I shift from 1st to 2nd. Do I need to slow down my shift and let the RPMs rev down before I pop the clutch from 1st to 2nd? I would imagine I'm losing some power into the squeal not to mention my tire rubber.

Jim
6MT Coupe DS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav
http://community.webshots.com/album/71752665WZNigE

Old 05-03-2003, 01:38 AM
Re: tires squeal with shifting

no u dont need to slow down or let the revs go down... usually if u want to go fast just try to shift as fast as you can.

I done plenty of racing b4 and I'm pretty confident that I cant shift pretty quick....but when i got on the Z and did the 1-2 shift..i expected to spin the tires quite a bit or maybe swing the back end a lil but It didnt, it gave a lil chirp and that it.

Maybe its still new.......but how is it for the G coupe as far as spinning the tires when you shift?

Old 05-03-2003, 02:29 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

When I'm accelerating hard, I get a loud tire squeal and lurch when I shift from 1st to 2nd. Do I need to slow down my shift and let the RPMs rev down before I pop the clutch from 1st to 2nd?

<hr></blockquote>

Try applying more gas as you let the cluth out

Old 05-04-2003, 07:03 AM

turn off VDC