G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up

The phrase "x is the new Civic" is about a played out as LED windshield squirters, neon underglow, vinyl graphic stickers, 6" exhaust tips, and 18" subwoofers.[/QUOTE]

Lmbo...None of those things were in even when they were in...lol

Last edited by Mr. Brooks; 02-23-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G35 6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
The phrase "x is the new Civic" is about a played out as LED windshield squirters, neon underglow, vinyl graphic stickers, 6" exhaust tips, and 18" subwoofers.

Dont hate the player... hate the game!

Name:  DSCF3793.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  105.1 KB

Sarcasm aside, I do kinda like the side mirror blinkers

Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Name:  DSCF3793.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  105.1 KB

...What game that was played out when it was in......too funny, too funny. Thanks for the laugh

Old 03-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
Can anybody tell me if I should post this on a different thread? I'm trying to figure out how to go about my car that was recently totaled. I put in about 3k worth of mods in it (all which are still perfectly fine). Insurance offered 10k for the car. Which is ridiculous IMO. The car is an 07 laser red, ~80k miles, black interior, very well kept. I figured the car alone would be at least 13k cash w/o the mods. Any input is greatly appreciated guys.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:06 PM
If you're able to. Remove all mods off your car. The insurance company could care less about your mods, although 10 grand sounds low for a well kept coupe with 80k miles. Best of luck.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by SAMzG35
You dont get the point. The point is the Gs are very cheap and are everywhere, same way Civics were back in early 2000.
No, they're not cheap compared to Civics. Civics cost $5k or less; I've even seen some around $2k.

G's are not that cheap, and are considered luxury cars unlike a civic. Mods are also cheap on the civic (or any honda for that matter) not so much for the G.

The phrase "x is the new Civic" is about a played out as LED windshield squirters, neon underglow, vinyl graphic stickers, 6" exhaust tips, and 18" subwoofers.
Lmbo...None of those things were in even when they were in...lol[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yea they were in! I don't know what car circles you rolled with, but it definitely ain't the Fast n Furious crew

If you're able to. Remove all mods off your car. The insurance company could care less about your mods, although 10 grand sounds low for a well kept coupe with 80k miles. Best of luck.
Yep. Take the money and remove all your mods. you should be able to find a decent G (maybe an 2006) for about $10k then transfer you mods to the fresh car.

Think about it, if you buy back your original car that was totalled, you'd have a headache of dealing with a Salvage/Rebuilt title. Not worth it IMO.

Take the money and look around for the best G you can find, and don't rush it. Good luck mate.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Thanks! That sounds like a pain though since I don't have some of the original stock parts. Not to mention taking off the coilovers, double din kit (installed by Best Buy), alarm system, plenum spacer, camber kit. Any ideas?

Old 03-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Big Booty Trudy
Thanks! That sounds like a pain though since I don't have some of the original stock parts. Not to mention taking off the coilovers, double din kit (installed by Best Buy), alarm system, plenum spacer, camber kit. Any ideas?
yea that sucks. I don't know how else you could go about it if you don't have the OEM parts to put back in. I doubt the insurance company will just let you take them all out without replacing them with the stock parts.

Talk to the insurance company and see how to go about it. Then bring a few mechanically inclined friends to remove your parts.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
BBT.... get an attorney.

They cost $, but only take 33% of something you wouldn't have had in the first place, and you end up in a better position.

Another option is to go to the insurance company and tell them you want an equal quality replacement for your vehicle.

either way it sucks to have to do it. You could also take the money, buy the car back and part it out then scrap the body for some more cash. If you are mechanically inclined that can definitely put some money into your pocket.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
"equal quality replacement"? Wat u talking about?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Can anybody tell me if I should post this on a different thread? I'm trying to figure out how to go about my car that was recently totaled. I put in about 3k worth of mods in it (all which are still perfectly fine). Insurance offered 10k for the car. Which is ridiculous IMO. The car is an 07 laser red, ~80k miles, black interior, very well kept. I figured the car alone would be at least 13k cash w/o the mods. Any input is greatly appreciated guys.
If you want the parts back, you will have to replace them with other parts. The plenum spacer is obviously an add-on, you you could just take that.

Not sure if it's an option, but if you could find a nice stock coupe, buy it with your own money, swap out all the parts you wanna keep, and then take the $10k from the insurance, you could have your cake and eat it too.

Adversely, you could post the aftermarket parts on Craigslist and sell them as a cash + trade for OEM stuff, and then swap em as you sell em to make some of your money back. This wouldn't be ideal, but could at least get you some extra cash on top.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:34 AM
I appreciate all of your replies!! Think I may go with an attorney and hope for the best. From the advice I received, will most likely try and get a decent coupe and swap everything over. Wish I could buy the new coupe, take those OEM parts and swap into the totaled vehicle. Only question is if the insurance company will let me do all of that.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:46 AM
I appreciate all of your replies!! Think I may go with an attorney and hope for the best. From the advice I received, will most likely try and get a decent coupe and swap everything over. Wish I could buy the new coupe, take those OEM parts and swap into the totaled vehicle. Only question is if the insurance company will let me do all of that.

I know those mods cost you some money, but I suggest to focus on looking for a clean G-coupe in the $10k range since you know that's what insurance will give you. You can always start fresh on the newer g35 and slowly add mods. You will always lose money on mods. I remember buying an $800 set of Enkei rims/tires for my Camry before. After I sold the Camry, I sold the wheels separately for a measely $300...

Of course get a lawyer if you want to pursue that route and get your parts back. It could take time and money, so plan accordingly. Good luck man!

Old 03-03-2016, 02:28 AM
Thanks, man! Will keep y'all updated just in case someone else goes through this in the future.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone else have a decent amount of tire noise? It's quite loud actually.

Or could this noise be from me needing a new control arm and front tire? My left lower control arm isn't centered and that side front tire is cracked a bit. (replacing soon)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Random Little Question Thread