G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dude, Where's your car? Where's your car dude?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
... Just tell your insurance company your car is gone... That's all there is to it.
Yeah, but if/when they find his car with no sign of forced entry, on blocks and 100% stripped with the keys sitting in the ignition, odds are he isn't going to be covered.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
Yeah, but if/when they find his car with no sign of forced entry, on blocks and 100% stripped with the keys sitting in the ignition, odds are he isn't going to be covered.
As I know he read my posts last night and still hasn't responded as to jurisdiction in which he filed report and confirmed job (as listed in his profile), I'm throwing in the bs flag. Barney Fife would see trouble with this story.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by mizzoutiger
As I know he read my posts last night and still hasn't responded as to jurisdiction in which he filed report and confirmed job (as listed in his profile), I'm throwing in the bs flag. Barney Fife would see trouble with this story.
"Quick Andy, give me my bullet."

Old 02-01-2005, 09:44 AM
It would have to be the secaucus police....

Old 02-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by mizzoutiger

Seriously, if this is a joke, and you left your keys in the car, then you have just scared a lot of people over this....

Old 02-01-2005, 09:56 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VinNYCG
damn sorry to hear about that. This is the first time that I have heard of a coupe being stolen on this board. Where are u located??

-Vin

yea seriously, this is the first ive heard of a G35 coupe being stolen on this board, that sucks man!!

Old 02-01-2005, 10:12 AM
my boss had his car stolen 2 years ago while he had the car idling out front (warming it up because of winter).... he ended up settling on the car even though the insurance company grumbled about the keys in the car. a stolen car is a stolen car... period. i lost 2 cars this passed november... so i feel your pain. hope everything works out. i just received my new g coupe last friday and had a tracking system installed yesterday... i'm not screwing around this time (maybe i'm just more paranoid?).

Old 02-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow this sucks. Btw, save your receipts for the items that were in the car at the time it was stolen so you can claim those on your insurance too.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i lost 2 cars this passed november... so i feel your pain. hope everything works out. i just received my new g coupe last friday and had a tracking system installed yesterday... i'm not screwing around this time (maybe i'm just more paranoid?).

Dag man, 2 cars in one month??? what kind of area do you live in?

Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by clokwork
Dag man, 2 cars in one month??? what kind of area do you live in?
the area is fine in my eyes ... a block south is a very prominent area with massive houses.

the cars were both stolen in one night... broke in took my keys... then left with the cars. house alarm was on and everything. my wife and i were out with friends that picked us up. pretty crazy what lengths these guys will take to steal the car they want. oh... took about 15minutes for rent-a-cops to show up. so it looks like they are capable of grabbing the cars well before a 15 min time span. in my eye's they were pro's who have done it countless times before. what shocked me the most was that the cops didn't seem to care (they're attitude was... "eh, u'll get your money back and u didn't get hurt"... sad part is... u NEVER get ALL your money back... plus it's a massive headache). the insurance company did a better write-up of the whole incident. go figure.

-regards.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Thought you all might find this interesting. I found this article, which sheds some light on the POSSIBILITY of immobilizer cars being able to be stolen:

2/1/05
Security Codes on Keys Cracked
The Car Connection
"Those transponder-based security chips implanted in some car keys as a security device may have met their match. The Associated Press reports that researchers at Jonhs Hopkins University have found a way around the immobilizer units, which use the electronic components to bar thieves from starting and stealing vehicles. The team studying the security devices says a relatively inexpensive electronic device could obtain the information needed to bypass the chips. The specific radio-based units that could be overridden are featured on more than 150 million vehicles made by Ford, Toyota, and Nissan; the systems are similar to those found at some gasoline stations that allow customers to wave a fob at the pump, automatically charging the total to a credit card on file. The Hopkins researchers say they've cracked those devices too - but experts put the likelihood of thieves committing thefts by the school's methods low."

Anyhoo, just thought I shed some additional light on the subject. This doesn't mean that we should all be worried, but I found it interesting, nonetheless.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by RidinThaGSpot
EDIT : Now that i think about it, the keys were in my jacket pocket.. which was also in the car. The reason i grabbed the other keys instead of reaching in the back seat to get the keys in my jacket were because the other keys had my gym scan thing on them and i needed that. Stupid ****ing me..but i still don't think that's how they got the car. Who would think to look in the jacket? U think insurance will give me a hard time for that?
Yeah, that is going to raise questions. Expect your insurance company to look you over with a fine tooth comb (i.e. Check you credit report to see if you are under financial distress (late payments), call your employer on file to see if you still work there, etc.).

I wish you the best.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Z2G
i'm sorry but considering your economic situation (which you stated), the whole story seems very fishy. on this forum, many will be suspicious. now, how do you think the insurance company will view this? the whole scenario seems pretty far-fetched. did you have lo-jack on the car?

Old 02-01-2005, 05:55 PM
MyG37 Administrator

They just saw everythign in your, wanted it, realized you were a moron and left the keys in the car, and drove off.. or was this your way of getting out of your lease? after all you did want lower payments..

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 02-01-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by RidinThaGSpot
by the way, thanks for all your support guys. Hopefully I will have my G Ride back, or maybe a new one god willing

I just have to say.....that our 2002 BMW 330ci with BBS rims was stolen from the Barnes and Noble on Route 46.....the car was found in Secacus New Jersey 3 weeks later with the headlights and Rims gone......

The car was TOWED away...no key or anything.

What the theif does is they break into the car by making a hole into the driver side door and open up the lock from there. FOR THE BMW, they punch out the door lock and got into the car that way. when they are in they look for a spare key to start the car up...some people leave the spare keys in the car (owners manual/glove box) this is what they look for if they didn't tow the car.......

I know this because the bmw had it door lock punched out (easy fix 100 bucks) and they went in looking for the key. Few months later they just towed it....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dude, Where's your car? Where's your car dude?