G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How would you steal a new g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool

I'd strongly suggest in one more investment....a tracker...http://www.lojack.com/ ...yes, I'm sure that there is a way of some professional out there to even circumvent this but another deterrent...I believe there are 2 svcs available. One passive...where you have to go """ oh chet I thought I parked here...it's gonne!!!!" and the other active where if anything else other than your key is used it's automatically reported stolen to 911 and the tracker is activated. It's not that expensive and there are insurance companies that will even give you a discount for having a tracker on your car.

I moved to a new apt. and lost my garage...now that's something to be paranoid about...my po' baby.

"Killin one squirrel at a time"

Old 01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never heard of anyone stealing a g and question the veracity of anyone who says they have; for those who have, "show me" the police report or tell me the jurisdiction in which stolen vehicle report was filed. With standard vehicle immobilizer system, short of towing, car jacking, stealing your keys, or getting your key code and convincing a dealership to produce a key, I don't see how they could steal it. Now I've heard of people stealing g wheels ... of course that's why you should have wheel locks.

Vehicle Immobilizer System
http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,c...-32005,00.html

Last edited by mizzoutiger; 01-31-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesn't the G35 coupe's key have a chip in it so that hot wiring would be impossible also? I think the only way they could steal the G would be to tow it away.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by gnut
Doesn't the G35 coupe's key have a chip in it so that hot wiring would be impossible also? I think the only way they could steal the G would be to tow it away.
Yes, that's why the post above yours lists Vehicle Immobilizer System (key chip) and discusses few ways car could be stolen (including towing).

Old 01-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by mizzoutiger
I've never heard of anyone stealing a g and question the veracity of anyone who says they have; for those who have, "show me" the police report or tell me the jurisdiction in which stolen vehicle report was filed. With standard vehicle immobilizer system, short of towing, car jacking, stealing your keys, or getting your key code and convincing a dealership to produce a key, I don't see how they could steal it. Now I've heard of people stealing g wheels ... of course that's why you should have wheel locks.
You’re really naïve if you think a G cannot be stolen. I don’t care what type of security you have, it’s possible. The same goes with wheel locks. Yes they help, but they are not full proof.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
You’re really naïve if you think a G cannot be stolen. I don’t care what type of security you have, it’s possible. The same goes with wheel locks. Yes they help, but they are not full proof.
Not naive ... just waiting to see proof (police report or jurisdiction where report was filed) that someone stole a locked parked g by other than towing it. I'll eat crow if you can "show me" proof.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
Ive had my car in south america stolen. It is a Honda Prelude and I was paranoid (still am) about car getting stolen. I dont even want to begin thinking of what it would be like if my G gets stolen. The other day, while I was detailing my car, this guy on a weird looking truck came up to me and asked it it was MY car. I should have said, my Dad's who is a police or something... Reading this made me paranoid. As soon as I get back to my aptmnt Ill look for that guy's car and write down the license plate.

dude who the hell would want a honda prelude.....if ur lookin for who stole it its probably a spanish or chinese person

Old 02-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by PhilAnthonyG35
dude who the hell would want a honda prelude.....if ur lookin for who stole it its probably a spanish or chinese person

spanish or chinese? Are you kidding me? I am neither but come on your joking right? Right? Damn racist. Thats all I think its worth. Someone can take a swing if they think this guy is worth it.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by G35SanDiego
spanish or chinese? Are you kidding me? I am neither but come on your joking right? Right? Damn racist. Thats all I think its worth. Someone can take a swing if they think this guy is worth it.
G35SanDiego, don't pay any attention to that Philly character. I've seen several of those types of comments from him. Just ignore him.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:48 AM
haha i jus love to have funn....i kno 5 people with a prelude 2 chiinease and 3 spanish

Old 02-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by PhilAnthonyG35
haha i jus love to have funn....i kno 5 people with a prelude 2 chiinease and 3 spanish
Do you know anyone with a dictionary, because you can't spell worth ****.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:59 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by xswl0931
Why not get their license plate next time and report them to the cops? If they are pro's, they already know how to steal it.

Plain and simple thats what i would have done without a doubt, be carefull and lock everything up lol!! Hope this has nothing to do with stealing a car for your sake (The black van)

Old 02-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Do you know anyone with a dictionary, because you can't spell worth ****.
i think he spells half of the words right in his posts.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I would hate to have my G stolen, id prob. have many sleepless nights...but thats what insurance is for. In the event my G does get stolen..allstate will have the duty of reimbursing me for my car...and back to the dealership i go..

Old 02-01-2005, 03:00 PM
no ur G wont get stolen
1) professionals arent interested in it
2) amatures cant steal it

the only reason ur G will get stolen is that u have alot of nice mods

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How would you steal a new g35