G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How would you steal a new g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would you steal a new g35

Today between rain and snow storms I was putting a nice coat of sealer and wax on my new 6mt Looking great and the color sure came out very nice. I noticed that this black truck kept driving bye and the last few times he was driving very slow. IM a California boy that lives in Utah now but after having A 69 z/28 rally sport stolen from me out of my garage (in Cali)
I have never been the same. Utah is backwards is some ways. I put the car away and watched for them and again they drove bye very slow. I tried to chase them in my truck but have no idea were they went. Dam I log on to g35 driver tonight and find out somebody had there car stolen. IM paranoid or what? Is it easy or what? Stealing a g35? Maybe they just wanted to look at it! "NOT"

Old 01-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Remember, you can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house.

Sleep in the car! ;-)

Old 01-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should take down their plates and call the police and report a suspicious
truck if they bother you too much. Just a part of your neighborhood watch.

I like to work on my cars with the garage door open during hot summer days/nights.
whenever I see any car or van that might seem suspicious, I walk down the driveway
and jot down their plates just in case. Never take chances just because you might
be in a safe community. I use to live in LA and ive gotten much more sensitive
to these things.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Why not get their license plate next time and report them to the cops? If they are pro's, they already know how to steal it.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I have to say is that there will always be those that will know how to steal cars... even those they say it cannot be stolen... That's why I'm so paranoid... I have an alarm with starter kill... I even installed a switch inside under the dash to where if it is turned off... no power to the car at all. the only way to take it will be to have it towed... plus in my garage... I installed a hook bolt into the concert and I chain and lock my G and my hatchback.. the G on the control arms and the hatch on the tow hook... so yaps... I'm hellah paranoid...

Old 01-30-2005, 11:51 PM
good idea to keep an eye out. what do they say... about first impressions and instinct ?

I hope you wrote down the license # of the truck ?

now about what to do... think about this crappy service place called x10.com and look into investing a few $$$ on a security camera. find another way to imobalize your car... kill switch inline,fuse removal,etc. i remember a few years ago there was a carjack option where the car would run for a block or so before the fuel was cut off (perhaps another option). additionally you can mount security sensors on your driveway (anything breaks it , the alarm will go off, needs to be optomized for false trips from animals etc)

run a key down my car, dent it (and not report it), or whatever... you wont have to worry about the cops. guess it goes back to whatever happens return the favor 10fold. sometimes people need to be taught.

off on another tangent... people are Frikin wacky, they may have thought your car was an exotic, i know its happened to me in the past... people saw "LOTUS tuned suspension" and they say wow, i've never seen a lotus before.

im out, watch your back , whatever will happen will happen.

pp

Old 01-31-2005, 02:33 AM
I always park my G35c in a garage. Whether it's my garage or the garage at my work. Whenever I need to go somewhere I don't feel comfortable parking my car, I just take my gf's car :P

One of my friends has a S2000 and he got his seats stolen right out of his car which was parked in his driveway. They did it at night when everyone was asleep. Sucks that you can't even feel safe at home.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:45 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Next time you see them drive by be sitting in your driveway polishing your 12 gauge, hehe.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
like jdb said, anything is possible regardless of the security. it helps a lot when you have mad devices installed though. personally, i'll get arrested for my car! i'm always sleeping with the safety off because i've been a victim before.

imo, it's good to be paranoid. s.hit, better to be safe than sorry right? just keep an eye out. record suspicious activity on paper, or video tape. and remember,

"lock and load."

Old 01-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
next time you're washing your car, keep a camera ready and if they drive by, run out w/ the camera and take photos of their faces and their plates. Make sure they see you so they don't think they're being stealth.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Old 01-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ that sucks! it's been cracked for a while actually.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:21 PM
yooo heres the deal invest ina shotgun n sleep near ur garage door and when you hear sometin suspicious open the door n fcukin kill the bastards that think they could mess witt the G...... than take their kidneys and wat not and sell em on the black market so yu could buy yourself a supercharger

Old 01-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Ive had my car in south america stolen. It is a Honda Prelude and I was paranoid (still am) about car getting stolen. I dont even want to begin thinking of what it would be like if my G gets stolen. The other day, while I was detailing my car, this guy on a weird looking truck came up to me and asked it it was MY car. I should have said, my Dad's who is a police or something... Reading this made me paranoid. As soon as I get back to my aptmnt Ill look for that guy's car and write down the license plate.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:20 PM
If you see the same truck, I suggest running in and snapping several shots of the truck including the plates. A call to the police or neighborhood watch would be an excellent idea.

My friend's 'teg was stripped to the bone in New York last year... what a waste of a car!

Be safe!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How would you steal a new g35