G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

well, it happened... twice.. ? about ins. claims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, it happened... twice.. ? about ins. claims

So I pull into the parking lot this morning, this woman ahead of me pulls in and parks. I guess she decided she didn't like that spot, so she promptly throws it in reverse. I'm thinking, she has to see me. Gets closer, my hand is already on the horn, but its too late. She takes the SUV straight into my bumper & DS grill. I was traumatized. So what happens next? She pulls forward, and whips it in reverse again, drilling my front bumper again. I'm thinking, are we in a crash test derby, is this bit@h trying to take me out or what. She finally realized what happened, gets out and says, oh I thought I was spinning on the ice. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH boy is that was a guy I would have already been throwing bows after that comment. She was nice though, gave me her insurance and started the claim. SO my questions are:

I have a flap pulled up on my front bumper, probably an inch by an inch (goes all the way through though) and my grill is demolished. I pulled out the loose black styrophome (sp?) backing from the back side of the bumper.

Will the flap warrant a new bumper or will they just refiberglass that piece?

Will her insurance cover my aftermarket grill, or give me what it would cost for the infiniti grill? Considering cost of paint & purchase, I will be jacked if I don't get my $$ back for that.

Lastly, how much should I expect to receive for those damages (any rough estimate would help)?

I am calm now, if I would have written this a few hours ago it would have been all *** ***** ** ***** * **** up.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that....sheeeesh

Old 02-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Dang. Women in SUVs are dangerous. She was probably talking on her cell phone and doing her makeup at the same time.

Sorry bro.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:25 AM
That's just wrong!

Old 02-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by lkmbrd
Dang. Women in SUVs are dangerous. She was probably talking on her cell phone and doing her makeup at the same time.

Sorry bro.
What a ladies man.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Cmon Son!
I truly am sorry for this happening to you, and I appologize for starting out like this, but her backing up into you again made me laugh my *** off.

I am seriously glad you are ok, and hope insurance will pay for your aftermarket parts. I dont mean any harm by what I said, but when I Read a lot of things, I see them like a skit and I could see that happening.

take care

Old 02-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
"Oh I thought I was spinning on ice" LOL, stupid, ignorant, oblivious SUV drivers.

Her ins. should cover total replacement cost for everything that was damaged to bring it back to how it was before the crash. When you get quotes from the bodyshops, tell them you want a new bumper and not a repaired one and they can write that up for you.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:00 PM
i had a similar incident a year ago in my previous car. i was going up a ramp with a car in front of me, he stops on the ramp i stop at the base of it behind him..his reverse lights come on and i'm sitting there thinking there is no way this idiot is going to back down this ramp.

he does just that and i lay into my horn, its no use..i quick glance behind me and there is a car right behind me so i can't backup. so i got to sit there and watch as he back into my car.

when he got out he says "i thought there was a spot open right over there" he looks again outside of his car and guess what...there is no spot.

i was seriously pissed, it was just a honda civic ex, but it was mine, i had had it for 4 years without a dent...he says to me a minute or so into the conversation 'what are you so mad about'..my reply 'you just hit my f**king car'

bah

Old 02-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I just talked to the insurance company (USAA), and I guess they are sending out someone to give me an estimate. I thought the repair shop was supposed to do that? What gives?

Old 02-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gmoney4- The insurance company sometimes has their own 'adjuster' that
evaluates damages and gives you a check. imho, you should go to a body shop
and get their estimage as the check may not be enough to pay off the repair.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, thats a crazy story. Crash car debry, LOL

Best of luck, and sorry to hear it happened!

Old 02-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why didnt you just back up.... to avoid the accident...

Old 02-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. In my experience, you will be fully covered for your aftermarket parts. Afterall, it was the other person's fault and their policy will have to fix your car and return it to the condition it was in before the accident. USAA is a very good company. You shouldn't have to worry about them paying you for the damages. Your aftermarket parts may not be covered under your own policy if you were to file a claim unless you told them you had the parts prior to the accident. If you haven't already, you should get those parts added as soon as possible as insurance companies will only pay for OEM parts.

As for the insurance company sending out their adjuster, it's common practice. If you have receipts for the aftermarket parts, present them to the adjuster so that he can add them to his quote. You have the right to take it to any body shop you want, they may try to talk you into going to one of their "approved" facilities for a quicker claim, but the final decision is entirely up to you.

Last edited by jdmstuff; 02-01-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Montgomery's Finest
Now i know that feeling that happened in my Accord. But that sucks good luck with the claim.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:32 AM
pfizzle.... there were a line of cars behind me, so you can imagine I was out of luck. Had the car in reverse as quick as I had my hand on the horn, looked in the rear-view & decided against it.

jdmstuff - thanks for the help. I can't find my receipt for the grill, just for how much it cost to paint. I printed out the price from the website I purchased it from, hopefully that will do. I also have the old email with tracking #, etc. from the website, just incase.

Does anyone know about the bumper? Will they replace the whole thing or refiberglass that piece?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: well, it happened... twice.. ? about ins. claims