G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Was Supposed to Pick Up My 6MT Coupe Today, But....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Talk about a Fu'd up experience. And to think I was just there this past weekend looking at their cars.
I've been haunting the infiniti web site looking at dealers inventories and sometimes I'm glad I'm getting a 5AT since there's more of them and they'll be more than likely to bargain with me. All of the cars I've bought have been under MSRP so I can't see myself buying my G for MSRP but I don't have access to VPP pricing
So far, it looks like sometime in Feb or March I will get to order or pick up my baby. I think I'll steer clear of ANY dealerships in Pleasanton (where it's not so Pleasant to buy a car). I remember when I got my Bimmer, I called service dept and they tried to charge me $500 more than Fremont!
Good luck!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Unfortunate Bro...
I would advice you to talk to Pamela Cortezen.
She doesn't play games and is straight up legit.
She'll treat you well bro.
I've dealt with her a few times and she's an honest woman.

Regards,

Rj

Good luck

Old 02-03-2005, 08:53 AM
You're a strong man. Probably stronger than I would have been by walking out. However you're right. See if you can get a good rate from someplace else. The dealer offered me a ridiculous rate while meanwihle through my CU, I got a 4% rate. When picking up the car next time (thats if you even do) just come prepared with all your information and finances squared away. Good thing about VPP is you dont deal with haggling with the price. Remember you are the boss in this situation - don't let them push you around one bit. You're spending 35K+ on a car. You definitely don't deserve that.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Cmon Son!
^^ The reason I went with Grubbs

Old 02-03-2005, 11:02 AM
It was smart of you to walk away. The people in finance have the ability to raise your interest rate and in actually make money by doing it. It is always best to get preapproved, but at minimum work out the price of the car before discussing finance or payments. If you tell the sales person up front, that the most important things to you are sales price and interest rate you should be OK. Because sometimes dealserships may be willing to drop the price of the car, only to make it back by raising the interest rate.

Also keep in mind that dealerships are there to make money as well. And ultimately it needs to be a win/win situation for both parties.

Ron

Old 02-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Jahan
I'm very afraid that the same thing will happen to me. I ordered mine in Nov with VPP, but my dealer has not 100% agreed to a price yet. I have a 700+ credit score and refuse to pay anything above 5% (Hopefully closer to 4%). I really want this car, but if they try to screw me, I'm out the door. Hopefully Grubbs can hook me up if Suburban screws me . . . I still have over a month until our Saab lease is up.
I'm confused...if you ordered yours with VPP, the price is pre-determined by Nissan NA. How could you not agree to a price? When I bought mine in Sept. on VPP, I got a signed VPP quote sheet from the dealer, which comes straight from the Nissan NA system, for which I placed a deposit. When the car matching my specs came off the truck, I paid exactly what was on the quote sheet. The dealer can't mess with the VPP price. I guess the only thing that's variable is the marketing/advertising charge. My dealer did not charge me that.

I would not come in to the dealer until you agree on an APR, if you're financing through them. You're better off coming in with a couple of loan quotes from others. Try CapitalOne or eLoan for competitive loan rates.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by sherwooa
I'm confused...if you ordered yours with VPP, the price is pre-determined by Nissan NA. How could you not agree to a price? When I bought mine in Sept. on VPP, I got a signed VPP quote sheet from the dealer, which comes straight from the Nissan NA system, for which I placed a deposit. When the car matching my specs came off the truck, I paid exactly what was on the quote sheet. The dealer can't mess with the VPP price. I guess the only thing that's variable is the marketing/advertising charge. My dealer did not charge me that.

I would not come in to the dealer until you agree on an APR, if you're financing through them. You're better off coming in with a couple of loan quotes from others. Try CapitalOne or eLoan for competitive loan rates.
Believe me, I tried to do all that, but they said I couldn't do it till the car arrived. I never even signed those documents that you signed. Hell, they never even cashed my deposit check.
SAM

Old 02-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your crappy experience, but I'm glad you walked away.

It's amazing they would let a guaranteed sale walk away over a few points. Oh well, in the end, it was their loss.

Hopefully you can forget about the crappy experience, and get your G35 real soon.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by IPG 2005
Believe me, I tried to do all that, but they said I couldn't do it till the car arrived. I never even signed those documents that you signed. Hell, they never even cashed my deposit check.
SAM
Weird. The VPP price is not supposed to be negotiable for the dealer - they either honor it or they don't. If they honor it, the price is what it is. I confirmed this with two local dealers, and Grubbs as well, before I bought mine from the local dealer. And I didn't sign the document - they did. It sounds like they are wavering as to whether they want to honor the price or not. I wouldn't buy from them if I were you.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:12 PM
They tried to do the same with me but after negotiating with them, they came down 1 point. i was too desperate so i got the car and i love it! those ****** are real salesmen, specially when the salesman is forced to bring his manager in. They do that a lot...Anyway, i negotiated with them and I bought the car for $800 lesser than the invoice so the 5.9% doesn't kill me so much.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by farman
They tried to do the same with me but after negotiating with them, they came down 1 point. i was too desperate so i got the car and i love it! those ****** are real salesmen, specially when the salesman is forced to bring his manager in. They do that a lot...Anyway, i negotiated with them and I bought the car for $800 lesser than the invoice so the 5.9% doesn't kill me so much.
When they bring in the sales manager, that means nothing. Shoo, most of the time when you want anything off MSRP or whatever margin the salesman knows he wants to play with, they bring in a manager.

Most of it is a tactic to make it seem like you are getting cut the best deal. Trust me, to so many car salesman, its all a game they dont plan on losing, and by losing, I mean them getting the most commission. Can you blame them? yes and no.... they have to make money too, but to get customer satisfaction and better yet, referrals, good deals are needed with the least amount of hassle.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey, go to peninsula infiniti, talk to Brian Fortune, the internet sales manager. He was very ethical with me, I got a 2.9% rate, and they didn't pull any crap in the paperwork or financing or useless add ons to the car. I did all my negotiations in 12 min. and got the car for $500 over invoice last April.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
you really gotta expect this from dealers... they'll always try to screw you over, no matter how nice they may be or how honest they may seem... they're all out to make money. You just have to be smart when you go in there...

when i got my car, i already got approved for a loan from my Credit Union for 4.25% apr, my credit was just over 700. Now the dealership i went to also dealt with my credit union but the finance manager offered me a deal from Chase for 3.69% instead... of course i asked a lot of questions to make sure I wasn't getting screwed on anything else. So basically if they would have taken the CU loan they wouldn't have made any money cuz I got it myself, compared to the Chase one where they got it for me.

also the apr can depend on how much money you're borrowing. Personally i didn't put down anything. But yea going into the dealership, you need to know your credit score and you should already have a loan preapproved because the dealers always go with what is going to make them the most money. I was lucky that they got me a lower rate but most of the time they won't be able to.

I remember one time when my gf was buying a maxima, they gave two different prices for the car... one if we financed with them and one if we got our own financing... total BS...

Old 02-03-2005, 02:14 PM
same thing happened to my parents at Infiniti of Fairfield...the lady who was doing the interest or tried to charge us 6.9% APR and my parents have great credit...the saleguy who sold us the car was actually pretty nice its just the lady was being a b!tch...

Old 02-03-2005, 03:34 PM
FYI, the financing guy, Chris (I believe), @ Serramonte Infiniti in Colma/Daly City, CA is ASIAN. Dude was playing the game just like every other finance guy mentioned in this thread, though on a positive he wasn't an @sshole.

1st he tried to sell me all that extra warranty, lojack, car care, etc... crap; which after 5 seconds I told him to stop; which he did. But he would still try to sneak-in little comments during the financing process like how he could get $500 off on lojack for me.

Anyways, as he going through the monthly payment #s he doesn't even tell me what the APR is!!!
I had to ask!!!
He then says "oh, 5.9%" like it was not a big deal.
btw, I am there with my brother and father; we all 3 immediately said something to the effect of "Are you freakin crazy?"
I asked him where he got that # from and he says from the sales manager (how about checking my credit score, buddy?).
I told him I could get 4.5% from San Mateo Credit Union which is what I found to be the lowest rate in the area. Then he leaves, goes to the other room, comes back and says he can give me 4.3% from Chase. Which I happily accepted.

Always remember one thing: buying a car is like going to a strip club, every single person[U] in there is trying to get those dollars out of your pocket.

btw, I bought my 05 6MT DG/G 3 days ago!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Was Supposed to Pick Up My 6MT Coupe Today, But....