G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Was Supposed to Pick Up My 6MT Coupe Today, But....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was Supposed to Pick Up My 6MT Coupe Today, But....

the dealership treated me and my brother w/ utter disrespect. I ordered the car in Oct through VPP and it arrived yesterday. Get to the financing part and the financing manger (this is at Pleasanton Infiniti) got my credit score and worked out the numbers. I came back w/ a good credit score and guess what they offered me as my APR? 6.9 I'm like how the hell can it be that high w/ a good credit score. I then ask about the Signature Graduate program to see if that helps me w/ a better APR. He says, oh, that's made to give you a discount off the car itself, not the apr and since I'm getting VPP, they can't be combined. I tell him, no that's in the finance part of Infiniti's website and is supposed to help w/ the apr. He said, i'll double check. He comes back a few mins later and said, "oh, that program is to help recent grad's who don't have any credit get a car." Yeah, ok buddy....

My friend that was with me then called his brother who works at a credit union and based off my score, he gave me 5.2 APR. Then the finance manager said ok, i'll knock it down to 6.25 and said, "i'll throw in this coupon book for servicing. don't tell anyone i gave you that." Me? Hell no, I want the best rate. Then he said, "just take the car home tonight and bring the payment for me by Friday, i don't care how you do it because it'll be off the lot." With the consultation of my older brother who was with me, we decide that it's not a good idea b/c that would bind us to the car before getting the loan. He insisted that we had to take the car home that night or else it will be gone. We say no and he brings in one of the sales managers I believe. He says what's the problem and we tell him. He says he needs the car off the lot tonight b/c he can't order more cars till that car is off the lot b/c of his allocation quota or something in that regards. I tell him, if that's the case, the car just arrived yesterday, what if I couldn't have made it down today, what if i had to come on the weekend? He didn't have jack to say to back that and instead, gave me some BS incentive to take the car home. We say no, and he's like alright then, sorry and we leave. As the three of us leave, he begins making some smart *** remarks saying, "you just lost out on a great deal" and something along the lines of "next time, make sure you get your loan stuff straight before you go to a dealership as we were leaving." All this was said w/ a smart *** tone WHILE we were leaving.

I'm 23 and my brother is 32, but we both look young (and asian) and he was dressed down wearing a hat backwards. They must have thought we were stupid or something b/c they kept on pressuring us. Felt bad for the salesman b/c he was very nice to us. Sigh, I sat in the car and everything, but left with nothing. Sorry about the rant, I'm still very upset after waiting 4 months and having this happen. How would you guys feel?

Old 02-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Go to https://www.starone.org and see if you can get the 4.15% car loan rate. then go back but talk to a different person. If you buy an Infiniti, make sure to rip them in the dealer survey.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm very afraid that the same thing will happen to me. I ordered mine in Nov with VPP, but my dealer has not 100% agreed to a price yet. I have a 700+ credit score and refuse to pay anything above 5% (Hopefully closer to 4%). I really want this car, but if they try to screw me, I'm out the door. Hopefully Grubbs can hook me up if Suburban screws me . . . I still have over a month until our Saab lease is up.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:16 AM
IPG 2005, man sorry to hear about the bad news. I just got my car from Plesanton Infiniti about 2 weeks ago. I'm sure you talked to the same financing dude. Was he some fat dude and sorta old? Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone. I forgot his name though, but I didn't like his tone though. I was able to get 4.29% from my credit union. One thing that pissed me off through this process is that I had told my dealership, sales person and him that I had a pre-approved loan through my CU already and they said that my CU was one that they also used, so they did a Direct Lien instead. One thing that I didn't know was that he was going to have to check my credit again. I didn't find this out until a few days later when I called my CU to check on the #'s. I did fill out a credit application at the dealership though, the sales person told me it was because of the terriorist act, I guess they need a backup just in case my CU falls through? I don't know, I think it was just BS and they were trying to trying to see if they could beat my APR. To think about it now, they ran two credit checks on me...WTF!!!...Anyways, so I signed my papers and took off with my car. After I left the financing office though, my sales person said "that was fast, usually that process takes longer" I guess since I was getting it VPP, the price was already pre-set. I got the leather/interior protection though, which was $770 for VPP members..lets just hope that I did save money over the MSRP for that treament, which they said was $1330 or something. DUDE!!!..as far as that coupon book, they are suppose to give you that book to everybody that buys a car there. So they were just BS'in you on that. One of the sales manager, female one made sure that I had gotten one before I left. But trust me, that coupon book isn't all that great though, there a lot of restrictions with it. My sales person was a female too. I would rather talk to a female when it comes to buying a car, its a lot less stressful.

I suggest before anybody buys a car, to get pre-approved first, so this way the dealership is less likely to screw you over. Anyways, so I guess the dealership couldn't find me a better APR, so I got the lowest my CU was offering, 4.29%. At first, I was told 4.59% on my pre-approved one, next thing you know, I called my CU and they told me I actually qualified for the 4.29% instead, which saved me about 3 bux a month differ. I knew ahead of time that I had a high 700+ credit score, very close to 800 the last time I checked.

I just think that it was really FU*K up of them to talk shiet to you while you were leaving. When I got my, I was dressed down too, in jeans and shirts, plus I'm Asian as well. But they couldn't denied me the car, knowing that I had everything set and there was no way they could not sell me the car. But yeah, for them to only offer you 6.9% or so, that doesn't seem right. They are just trying to make some money for themselves. This would explain why they went with Direct Lien instead of my pre-approved way. I think I will call and talk to the financing manager tomorrow, just so I could bitch about why they had to check my credit again. Don't want too much inquiries on my report ya know.

There service dept suck big *** though. They drilled my front plate in unevenly, which I'm still trying to be some sense out of it. A bunch of dumbasses if you tell me. When I got my interior and exterior treament done, they call it "First Place Finish" there, found out when I got my car that they really didn't do a good job at it and looked very rushed. So today, I sent them a nasty email about the whole service dept there. The buying process was quick and easy, it was like heaven, versus their service dept, just plain hell to deal with.

Wellz, good luck on getting your 05 6MT, I would not go back there if I were you though. Go to Pennisula Infiniti instead. They are taking VPP as well and the seem really cool over there. Call and talk to the Fleet manager directly at first. He was a really nice guy, forgot his name though. Talk to Jeff Samoff, something like that. He was a really cool guy, just too bad I had a deposit at Pleasanton already.

Last edited by wunautica; 02-03-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by wunautica
Was he some fat dude and sorta old?
you got it, same guy. this guy's tone right from the time he opened his mouth was very negative and pushy.

i'm upset about not getting it b/c i've counted every day and called many times to check on the status. i sat in it and played with the navi right before walking in and that made me really happy. i even burned several mp3 discs to bring with me on the drive back and when i was in the car, i left it in the console thinking i would put them in later. i ended up realizing that i left it in the console after i left the dealership

what upsets me even more than not getting the car is the way my brother, friend, and i were treated. they must've thought we were young and naive and so eager to get the car that i would take any interest rate. i intended to get pre-approved, but didn't know the amount to apply for b/c i didn't know the price and that they couldn't disclose it till i was there to inspect the car. makes me wonder if i can wait any longer or if i should even get the car

Old 02-03-2005, 12:36 AM
don't be discourage man. If this is the car you really want, don't liket some stupid *** dealership mess up the whole experience for you. But yeah, right from the get go, that financing dude was all loud and trying to shake everybody's hand, my bro and homie that I brought along with me.

What type of car are you looking for? I know Pennisula is getting a Black/Black 6MT w/ Navi coming in any day now. But yeah, if I wasn't gonna get my APR, I would of walked out of there too as well.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:44 AM
don't be discourage man. If this is the car you really want, don't liket some stupid *** dealership mess up the whole experience for you. But yeah, right from the get go, that financing dude was all loud and trying to shake everybody's hand, my bro and homie that I brought along with me.

What type of car are you looking for? I know Pennisula is getting a Black/Black 6MT w/ Navi coming in any day now. But yeah, if I wasn't gonna get my APR, I would of walked out of there too as well.
thanks for your input man. i'm looking for a IP w/ stone leather, prem package and navi. i'll try to call peninsula up tommorow, especially since you mentioned they are now taking VPP (they didn't when i called in Oct).

SAM

Old 02-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah, they do, just make sure you talk to Mike I think, he is the Fleet Mananger there. Really easy guy to talk to. Just talk to him first before anybody else. Honestly, I was really really close to getting my money back and buying it at Pennisula just because of how cool the people was over there. If you go there in person and put a deposit down, I'm almost 100% sure they will do VPP for you. I remember a while back, the sales manager said that they have to do VPP because of all the big businesses around them that do quality for VPP. The day when I got the call that my car was at the dealership, Pennisula also called as well saying that they now had the IP/Stone, same exactly options as mine. I opt to get black on black though. But this was 2 weeks ago, I'm sure its gone by now though, saying that its a 6MT and all. Wellz, good luck man...

Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the leather/interior protection though, which was $770 for VPP members..lets just hope that I did save money over the MSRP for that treament, which they said was $1330 or something.
Man they just made some money off you....You paid $770 for leather/interior treatment???? and proceeded to tell you that it normally cost $1330.

Thats a classic way dealers try to make money and lead you to believe they are giving you a deal. Its the same as a "paint protective coat" that some companies use to add more to the MSRP and act like they can make it cheaper to give you a "deal". What was it that the Nissan dealer in my area was trying to use when the 350z just came out.....I think it was a package for like $900 for free oil changes for 2 years, paint crap, and pin stripes...haha

Why didn't you just go out and spend $5 and get Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner?

Old 02-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I've learned that dealers will try to screw you if you don't go in with your own financing. I leased my car and I got offered 8.5%, now my credit is 640 (trouble with old roomates) but I know this rate is too high. At first they act like its not up to them but usually the only way they can screw you is by hitting you up on a couple of points (% points), to make up for the VPP pricing. I ended up getting it for 7% and I'm sure they still got my on atleast 1 point.......but you live, you learn.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Ive had another asian friend tell me this same kind of stuff actually from the infiniti dealer that my family (white) has bought 4 infinti's from in 2004.5. I really do think that the salesmen attach race with money and education which is really sad because my friend ended up buying a MEAN 240 instead of his G

Old 02-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by ChazM
Man they just made some money off you....You paid $770 for leather/interior treatment???? and proceeded to tell you that it normally cost $1330.

Thats a classic way dealers try to make money and lead you to believe they are giving you a deal. Its the same as a "paint protective coat" that some companies use to add more to the MSRP and act like they can make it cheaper to give you a "deal". What was it that the Nissan dealer in my area was trying to use when the 350z just came out.....I think it was a package for like $900 for free oil changes for 2 years, paint crap, and pin stripes...haha

Why didn't you just go out and spend $5 and get Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner?
Wells, its a 5 years exterior and interior protection. So if the leather goes bad or stains, they will try to fix it, if they can't, they will replace the whole seat. As far as the exterior, its suppose to keep the paint together better then the factory paint, saying that we have thin paint, I thought it was a good idea. So if anything goes bad with the paint, ie..fading of paint, they will repaint it. So I don't think I got totally ripped off, it's more then just a single treatment as you stated.

Oh, trust me, I saw him on the computer, he had to adjust the price from the normal pricing for this. Cause I was getting VPP, he gave me a discount on top of $250 off of it using the coupon book that they supplied to me for free. So I saw it when he went to the option to add it on, it first showed $1330. They said that they had hundreds of claims made..and none of them was ever denied. So thats a good thing to know.

Last edited by wunautica; 02-03-2005 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:52 AM
you know what's messed up. they were showing me that pamphlet (sp?) on that same interior treatment that you bought and they said it was originally was $1000, but since i'm a student (this was after i asked them about the signature grad financing deal), i get 50% off, so he offered it to me for $500. f*cking scumbag........

SAM

Old 02-03-2005, 02:12 AM
that treatment they probably give away for free for customers who pay more over invoice to make them feel like they got a good deal.........but I guess if you get a free paint job if the paint messes up, it easily pays for itself...

Old 02-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your crappy experience...You did the right thing though, even though driving the car home that day would have been a great feeling in the long run you would have regreted getting pushed around like that..."Some" dealerships think we live in boxes, as if we have no idea of the things to look for in a car buying experience...Not to mention, they seem to think that were afraid to buy elsewhere, like they're dealership is the last one available on the planet...You should have told him to **** off, and that he should feel like a scumbag for trying to pushover bs on people...I'm getting so angry just thinkin about it, and I don't even know you...Im just thinking how I waited 7 weeks for my ride, not nearly as long as you...And the buildup was immense, each day checking on the status, and crossing off the days on the calendar...I swear if what happened to you would have happened to me I would have ended up arrested for something...lol g'luck and let us know when you finally get your baby...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Was Supposed to Pick Up My 6MT Coupe Today, But....