Got Pulled Over For Driving to SLOW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:26 AM
MyG37 Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Pulled Over For Driving to SLOW!

This is kinda funny..

Ok so im coming home tonight from a friend's house heading West on Yamato from A1A. When the I got the traffic light on Yamato and Military Trail my radar detector started going off. 1 bar of KA. I drove the speed limit 40mph up from Military Trail to St. Andrews, thinking a cop was chilin at one the churches. Well I get up JOG/Powerline and it starts getting a little higher in stregth. My turn is coming up soon but i wanted to know where the hell this cop was!! So i kept driving. As it got higher, I drove slower, 30 in a 45 to be exact. I finally saw the cops just on the east side of the turnpike on Yamato. Thats a good 2 1/2 miles from when it started to pick it up.

Anyways both cops came after my ***, thinking i was a dui. He pulled me over, asked for my ****, i said wtf why are you pulling me over? he said i'll tell after you give me your info. Again i said Why the **** are you pulling me over? He said give me your info and i'll tell you. I finally said hes gunna end up getting pissed off soon, so I gave him my **** and he stood right there and looked everything over.

FINALLY, he says want to know why I pulled you over? I said cuz my radar detector is the ****. He said no the biggest sign of a dui is driving 10-15 under the speed limit. I said o alright my bad I was just driving slow didn't want a ticket. He said he could have cited me for driving more than 10 under the limit, but he was cool and let go, just thought it was funny. Gogo Gaydar Detectors!!

Just fyi i have a Bel RX65 ~$320/darn worth it too!!

Incase your wondering what was so funny.. I GOT PULLED OVER FOR DRIVING TO SLOW...!

Old 02-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When conditions warrant, you can never go wrong when you do the actual speed limit.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
How old are you again???

Old 02-03-2005, 01:54 AM
yeah that is a real good sign of a dui in many cases so i can see why you got pulled over... if i was a cop and saw a g35 going 30 in a 45 i would be suspicious also

Old 02-03-2005, 02:42 AM
MyG37 Administrator

Originally Posted by ChazM
How old are you again???
20, how is that relevant?

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 02-03-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
must have been all those asterisks and the "gaydar"

Old 02-03-2005, 03:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but nothing ticks me off more than people who drive under the limit. Especially FIFTEEN under the limit.... I mean c'mon, there is no need to do that. 5 under ok, I keep my cool. But anything more than 10 under, and you'll be hearing my horn.

Does it really matter where the cop is? A lot of accidents happen due to inattention, because the driver is pre-occupied with something other than where they are going.

Granted, if nobody was behind you, than feel free to drive at whatever speed you like

Trending Topics

Old 02-03-2005, 03:25 AM
MyG37 Administrator

Ah dude the whole road was open this was at 12am on a road hardly anyone travels on at 2pm. No one was behind, in front of, or anywhere around at that. I was just testing out my investment, and was paying complete attention to the road ahead.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Ah dude the whole road was open this was at 12am on a road hardly anyone travels on at 2pm. No one was behind, in front of, or anywhere around at that. I was just testing out my investment, and was paying complete attention to the road ahead.
It's all good, I'm just ranting about those guys who drive 15 under in the left lane on the freeways, that I seem to encounter everyday on my drive to work. Especially on the section of freeway that goes up a slight incline. People seem to forget that you need to depress the gas peddle a little further, as some people slow down to 35 in a 55 by the time they crest the hill. Then as they crest the hill, they zoom up to 70. I especially hate the ones I encounter on 2 lane roads. The ones that drive 35 in a 55, but then accelerate to 90 or so in the passing zones, then slow back down to 35 afterwards.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:00 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Anyways both cops came after my ***, thinking i was a dui. He pulled me over, asked for my ****, i said wtf why are you pulling me over? he said i'll tell after you give me your info. Again i said Why the **** are you pulling me over? He said give me your info and i'll tell you. I finally said hes gunna end up getting pissed off soon, so I gave him my **** and he stood right there and looked everything over.
I'm glad you didn't get a ticket, but a word of advice...you will probably get off easier if you cooperate and don't flash attitude. Pissing off a cop that pulled you over isn't really a good idea, it'll just make him want to stick it to you.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
^ Thats why I asked you your age...

My current roomate, brandon, used to hate cops with a passion and one time when he saw a cop drive in front of his truck, he flicked the cop off. The cop turned around and pulled brandon over and asked for his info. Brandon was rude back to the cop, just like you were to him and the cop proceeded to arrest him............the charge? Altercation of vehicle registration, I guess he had a small sticker, the size of a quarter on his license tag and the cop arrested him and took him to jail..

Today Brandon is going to school to be a cop......can you say future crooked cop?

Old 02-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Congratulations!! if i got pulled over for that, i'd crack the fawk up all the way home!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
>I GOT PULLED OVER FOR DRIVING TO SLOW...!

Wonder if the radar detector makers would reinburse you for the ticket if you
did get one. :lol:

how come they can't rid of those elderly driving insanely slow?

Old 02-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by ChazM
^ Thats why I asked you your age...

My current roomate, brandon, used to hate cops with a passion and one time when he saw a cop drive in front of his truck, he flicked the cop off. The cop turned around and pulled brandon over and asked for his info. Brandon was rude back to the cop, just like you were to him and the cop proceeded to arrest him............the charge? Altercation of vehicle registration, I guess he had a small sticker, the size of a quarter on his license tag and the cop arrested him and took him to jail..

Today Brandon is going to school to be a cop......can you say future crooked cop?
Hahah it takes "Certain" type of people to be cop. I think they are either really altruistic or complete power tripping *** and there are no in-betweeens.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:04 PM
LOL, pretty funny. Yeah, just cooperate with the cop and you'll usually get off especially for something like the above. If it was 12am, some1 doing 15 under the limit, i'd think he was intoxicated as well.

anyway, any1 feel like 'donating' a radar detector to me?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over For Driving to SLOW!