Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2013 | 04:40 PM
D@mn I'm in college and can only afford my G. Pics of the Vette and Max please

Old 09-19-2013 | 08:59 PM
|
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
D@mn I'm in college and can only afford my G. Pics of the Vette and Max please
I dont have any recent pics of the maxima and don't wanna post my old ones lol ill take some soon, maybe tonight after i polish my head lights.

Ill load you up with vette pics because I just got down rebuilding the engine

I threw a valve and destroyed my engine with fragments of the retaining clip. So here is everything start to finish.

have you ever seen snapped push rods?

Its due for a paint job, last thing to do once I get the injects swapped out

heads, look at the valve spring that is missing... lol

down to the block

where the valve hit the piston

beast throttle body!!!!

The new engine!

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...98890521_n.jpg

Missing one roller rocker cause the new one was being shipped, the valve chewed it up.

the engine is in and its running. Its at the shop right now getting a dyno tune. Its going to be going to the paint shop next week and it will finally be done.

Old 09-19-2013 | 09:05 PM
|
everything on the outside of this car is stock cause i wanted a sleeper. I even have the bumper from a 92 on there to fool even the vette owners. I am going to be switching it back to the 96 bumper because i want the paint job to be done on the original parts. I am pushing 480HP at the crank with no tune. We will see what the RWHP will be after the tune and from the dyno. This thing is fast as hell.

this really got off topic....

Old 09-19-2013 | 11:25 PM
nice... you weren't kidding lol

The following users liked this post:
twentyeggs (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013 | 12:24 AM
Nice ready to kill some Sh!tstangs

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
have you ever seen snapped push rods?
Yes, yes I have

this really got off topic....
hey you got your answer and you know you wanted to ***** out the pics of your vette

Old 09-20-2013 | 12:53 AM
|
Nice ready to kill some Sh!tstangs

Yes, yes I have

hey you got your answer and you know you wanted to ***** out the pics of your vette

oh I love the 5.0 mustangs. They all have no idea. My friend got his back from rouche with his supercharger and when I got mine back with no tune!! lol

and yeahhhh i got my answer. i do like whoring out my pictures too.. and i better! those pictures as a collection are like 400 bucks a piece so its like the VIP lounge of whoring. love hate love hate.

i ate a lot of top ramen to get this done.

Old 09-20-2013 | 09:03 AM
My friends Vette. Not exactly a sleeper, but he also loves picking on other cars. (mainly GTRs, Porsche 911 turbos, crotch rockets, and lambos)

Old 09-20-2013 | 12:23 PM
oh I love the 5.0 mustangs. They all have no idea. My friend got his back from rouche with his supercharger and when I got mine back with no tune!! lol

and yeahhhh i got my answer. i do like whoring out my pictures too.. and i better! those pictures as a collection are like 400 bucks a piece so its like the VIP lounge of whoring. love hate love hate.

i ate a lot of top ramen to get this done.
I hate Mustangs LOL not so much the car but 90% of the drivers seem to be complete @$$holes especially if its a 94-04.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
My friends Vette. Not exactly a sleeper, but he also loves picking on other cars. (mainly GTRs, Porsche 911 turbos, crotch rockets, and lambos)

I'm not normally a fan of vettes but D@mn

Old 09-20-2013 | 01:09 PM
|
I hate Mustangs LOL not so much the car but 90% of the drivers seem to be complete @$$holes especially if its a 94-04.

I'm not normally a fan of vettes but D@mn
haha dang!!! that corvette looks mean!

I was not a fan of corvettes until i drove one. I always looked at them as being over rated but when you stop and think, no one ever talks about them and I've never drove one so how are they overrated? It all happened when my buddy asked me to help him get his vette from the tune shop. It wasn't a far drive but i realized they are bad@ss cars and my lack of consideration for them was more like ignorance.

I was always like meh a corvette, yea yea we all know your fast, now look at this modded up supra!! lol i kinda alienated corvettes into a class of their own. Respected cars that are worth a house or ones built with a ton of blood sweat and knuckle skin.

and yes I know, mustang drivers have something wrong with their brains. I don't know what it is. I think its the concept of they are driving the classic american muscle car that they feel they are top dog. And its usually the 20 year olds that do it the worst.

Old 09-20-2013 | 04:58 PM
haha dang!!! that corvette looks mean!

I was not a fan of corvettes until i drove one. I always looked at them as being over rated but when you stop and think, no one ever talks about them and I've never drove one so how are they overrated? It all happened when my buddy asked me to help him get his vette from the tune shop. It wasn't a far drive but i realized they are bad@ss cars and my lack of consideration for them was more like ignorance.

I was always like meh a corvette, yea yea we all know your fast, now look at this modded up supra!! lol i kinda alienated corvettes into a class of their own. Respected cars that are worth a house or ones built with a ton of blood sweat and knuckle skin.

and yes I know, mustang drivers have something wrong with their brains. I don't know what it is. I think its the concept of they are driving the classic american muscle car that they feel they are top dog. And its usually the 20 year olds that do it the worst.
I'm kind of the same way I respect the capabilities of a vette, but the styling, and just the car overall never appealed to me the way certain other cars did. The Vette Whosurbudiee posted though...

Old 09-20-2013 | 05:38 PM
|
I'm kind of the same way I respect the capabilities of a vette, but the styling, and just the car overall never appealed to me the way certain other cars did. The Vette Whosurbudiee posted though...
styling wise the vette is a moving door stop. We call it submarining when we hit a lifted vehicle and dive underneath. One of the biggest reasons I bought a roll cage. However it is a misnomer that corvettes are not safe. As long as you don't submarine the fiberglass shatters dissipating much of the energy of the crash and the way they are built the frame hugs you kinda like a capsule.

the stingray both old and new is a different story. That car is beautiful from insect wing to exhaust tip.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 09-20-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-20-2013 | 08:46 PM
styling wise the vette is a moving door stop. We call it submarining when we hit a lifted vehicle and dive underneath. One of the biggest reasons I bought a roll cage. However it is a misnomer that corvettes are not safe. As long as you don't submarine the fiberglass shatters dissipating much of the energy of the crash and the way they are built the frame hugs you kinda like a capsule.

the stingray both old and new is a different story. That car is beautiful from insect wing to exhaust tip.
I don't particularly care for the new stingray but the old one was pretty sexy

Old 09-22-2013 | 08:42 PM
I wouldnt say your maxima is heavily modded, but Im not surprised you can hold on to a g35. The max drivers that I know dont even bother with g's/z's or camaro's to race

Old 09-22-2013 | 09:01 PM
|
Originally Posted by maxterror
I wouldnt say your maxima is heavily modded, but Im not surprised you can hold on to a g35. The max drivers that I know dont even bother with g's/z's or camaro's to race
I didn't put in any of the suspension mods that I have in the list, and I have them all. (no coil overs)

I pretty much have everything except for F/I or ripping apart the engine and changing the specs.

I mean what else is there? i guess the term heavily is a loose term. When i think lightly modded I think intake and exhaust with a few do dads, When I think heavily, i think persons ripped the IM off to deal with cooling, has modifications to the timing, fuel/air ratio, has all the basics, dodads, and a few special things such as the electronic cutout and custom headers, y-pipe/b-pipe, and larger than recommended exhaust that works very well ect.. that and heavily=too much money.

The Z's are fun because they are fast, and the kids that drive them love to rice them, so they can get quick. The drop tops are no challenge but the NISMO Z's are challenging.

Old camero, yeah piece of cake, the SS? no its faster.

300 Hemi? yeah they lose
the Hemi challenger with all its might and look, they lose
the dodge charger R/T, again.. sadly all these heavy cars with all their HP lose to the family sedan.
Mustang gt's (not the 5.0) they don't stand a chance.

its hard for someone to believe a maxima is over these cars.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 09-22-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2013 | 09:34 PM
There are guys that have touched 320 all motor, with CEL's and no FI. Your engine mod list is pretty much the same stuff that I have, apart from a few things here and there.

I would only buy a g or z for the "coupe" feeling...which I want lol

but power...no way. The maxima will suffice.

Last edited by maxterror; 09-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs the Maxima