G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP "What Color" decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP "What Color" decision

Hi PPL, so I'm about to buy 6MT 05 and I can't decide on the color so I thought I would ask what people thought was best the Obsidian Black or Lakeshore Slate

Old 02-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Its your preference.. lakeshore slate sure looks nice though.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say it depends on how much you plan on washing your car...? And if you're considering Slate, I was in a dealership a few days ago and they had an Athens Blue in the showroom, man I wish I could get that on a sedan...

FWIW, I was considering the slate when ordering my sedan, but I was in love with the black interior, which isn't an option with the slate (in the US)

Old 02-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Wells, since you came up with those two colors...I have to ask you...do you want a sportier look or a classier look? Go for black with you want that agressive, badass look. While IMO, Lakeshore Slate is a nice color, but it brings more of a classy look to the G then a sporty look. IMO, LS is a senior citizen color to me..hehe=) Not to offend anybody.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:59 PM
MyG37 Administrator

lS black is all over, you wanna stand out and be admired

Old 02-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Yea of those 2 I'd have to say Black...Im an IP owner, which in my opinion "biased" is the best combo of luxury and sport...Especially since I have graphite interior and 6mt...But since the new IP's don't come with black interior I'd go with the Obsidian Black...Gluck

Old 02-07-2005, 01:43 AM
At first I was really considering the LS with wheat since it's not offered with black interior.
After looking at them though, I decided (for now I guess) on the Athens Blue.
Not as common as black (no offense guys. I also have 2 black cars anyways) but it has that dark color look to it.

Trending Topics

Old 02-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Black is the way to go Sorry LS lovers, I haven't seen LS yet

Old 02-07-2005, 03:20 AM
I bet most of the people who said black have never owned oned before or own this one as thier first. With time, watch how black really looks...I will NEVER own another black car. Swirl marks play a big role as well as immediate dustiness after washing the car.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, after ready the post I have decided to get LS thats only because it seems like a lot of people have black.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I like both colors, but I vote for Lakeshore Slate because:
1) it is new for 05, not as many out there so you will stand out
2) will be easier to care for. Black shows dirt, swirl marks, and other blemishes very readily.

But like other posters said, it depends on the image you're trying to go for.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:02 PM
dudex - that was exactly my decision when I placed my order this past weekend. I love the look of the black - it really shows the classy lines of this car, and it is a very cool color, and it is available with the stone interior (which I like). I considered the Athens Blue, but the more I saw it in person, the more boring it looks - it really lacks the deep blue tint it needs or more metallic flair. That left LS as my other option. Looking at cars on the lot, the LS didn't really hide dirt and salt as much as you'd think. Sure, it hides it more than the black, but it wasn't as much of a difference as I expected. While I do like that color, and I'm sure I'll regret my decision next January when my coupe is a mess (assuming I don't wash it as much as I plan to)...

However, the black was my ultimate choice. The LS simply doesn't show off the G as much as the black. It is a color that looks great on my father's Toyota Avalon (ok, he also has a red '03 350Z, so it's not all bad!), but not as nice on the coupe. It just doesn't have enough punch to make the blue look blue, and not enough shine to make the silver in it look silver.... it's a nice compromise, but a compromise nonetheless, and this is my "no compromises" car!

Good luck with your choice - I'm sure you'll be happy either way!

Old 02-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Thumbs up

I like the new Lakeshore Slate

Old 02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
anything but black unless you live in a dry climate and dont park next to idiots.

this is my 2nd black car ( the first i never waxed ). and it was a mistake. looks beautiful, hands down. Even with baby towels etc the scratches show through, people resting their backside on my car when im mia scratches. the paint is crap and black has a tendency to show the primer much easier from chips.

personal preference in this order... black (was a mistake), dark blue (not lakeshore), serengeti sand, dark grey, white.

gl

ppp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP "What Color" decision