G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Once and for all - How are you guys washing your cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2005 | 11:54 AM
I use warm watter and allot of car soap. I also use a spunge that is covered with microfiber material. I find the extra car soap and using a microfiber spung creats slick cleaning and is very easy on the paint reducing swearls. I then use an absorber to dry. I washed my car yesterday with that new microfiber spunge and I loved it.

Old 03-27-2005 | 12:49 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gnut
Ok, not all microfiber towels are the same but the prices on some of these websites are ridiculous! I bought 18 16x16 microfiber towels at Sam's for about $12. Great for drying your car and no scratches period. I am happy with them.
YUP!

Right now they have a 10 pack for $10 and they wash up great.

I use Mother's Sealer Glaze and then 2 coats Mother's Pure Carnuba. It does the trick.

But why isn't this in the detailing forum?

Old 06-25-2005 | 07:17 PM
Mr. Clean Autodry. I haven't dried my car in 2 years!!!!!!!!!! Never leaves spots.

Old 06-25-2005 | 10:24 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Mr. Clean is awesome, but only if wherever you are washing it has good water quality, at my parents home... hard water sucks... the filter is crap after one wash... but at home, it can last about 5 washes before it starts to leave water spots... I have't ever had to hand dry my car.... I even wash it in the sun sometimes... I mean its kinda hard to avoid the sun in the sunshine state ....unless its raining of course

Don't you guys use a detailing spray everytime you wash tho? Water spots don't really matter if you use them in between waxing.... since you have to wipe down the whole car anyways...

Originally Posted by Frostya
The thing I didn't like about the Mr Clean system is that it leaves a residue that's is hard to see... In my case it coated the windows in that stuff too so if you don't clean off the residue it'll make driving in the rain a pain. This was with my old Black Honda.

But I definately use the Mr Clean system for the filtered water =)
...what residue? never had that happen before as long as my filter is clean, if its not, the only thing left over would be water spots....

Originally Posted by smokedhen
ok, i am one of those unlucky ppl who clean with buckets. I live in an apartment that doesn't permit car washing for some odd reason. I use buckets at my school (no hose). The zaino process seems like a good way to clean the car. I had the car since july 2004, and I washed the car for less than 5 times. I only used regular auto strauss carwash each time and I never waxed or polished. When you use dawn detergent, how much of it do you add to a bucket?
....wow, how do you use a bucket and no hose? ur good

Old 06-26-2005 | 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by 05GCOUPE6MT
I use warm watter and allot of car soap. I also use a spunge that is covered with microfiber material. I find the extra car soap and using a microfiber spung creats slick cleaning and is very easy on the paint reducing swearls. I then use an absorber to dry. I washed my car yesterday with that new microfiber spunge and I loved it.
I read that microfiber sponges are not good for washing. They lock in dirt that doesnt easly rinse out.

There for you end rubbing dirt all over your car creating swirls. Get a real sheepskin mitt.

Old 06-26-2005 | 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by BlackonBlackG35
I read that microfiber sponges are not good for washing. They lock in dirt that doesnt easly rinse out.

There for you end rubbing dirt all over your car creating swirls. Get a real sheepskin mitt.
I use a microfiber towel with my Mr. Clean Autodry to wash. No swirls. I do like your idea of real sheepskin mitt. I'll have to get one.