G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Best eBay spoiler?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2013 | 08:14 AM
|
Best eBay spoiler?

What is the best eBay factory style spoiler for an 05 coupe? Figment, quality and mounting instructions? Or should I stear clear of them altogether? Thanks In advance.

Old 12-11-2013 | 09:33 AM

Old 12-11-2013 | 09:37 AM
|
One thing I'm staring to notice about this forum is there is a ton of sarcasm but not much direct help. I take it that you don't like the eBay spoiler, I get that. Can you elaborate why?

Old 12-11-2013 | 09:41 AM
The best factory style spoiler is the factory spoiler itself. Many people are looking for wingless trunks, in which case you may be able to trade yours for a trunk with the factory wing as a direct swap. Many of the ebay spoilers are low quality (as you can imagine), and have problems with the LEDs being a different color and/or not working properly or burning out quickly. Fitment isn't as much of an issue.

The following users liked this post:
Shawno72 (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013 | 09:44 AM
|
Originally Posted by the93owner
The best factory style spoiler is the factory spoiler itself. Many people are looking for wingless trunks, in which case you may be able to trade yours for a trunk with the factory wing as a direct swap. Many of the ebay spoilers are low quality (as you can imagine), and have problems with the LEDs being a different color and/or not working properly or burning out quickly. Fitment isn't as much of an issue.
Thank you I was thinking of going that route but my car is a daily driver so it's hard for to run with no trunk for a week or so while I wait for another. I guess I'll have to check the local junk yards for an original.

Old 12-11-2013 | 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Shawno72
Thank you I was thinking of going that route but my car is a daily driver so it's hard for to run with no trunk for a week or so while I wait for another. I guess I'll have to check the local junk yards for an original.
You might be able to find a fellow local G owner who is looking to swap trunks so you can do a straight swap without having to deal with a no-trunk downtime. You never know until you ask! Or you could buy one straight up, put yours on, and sell your old one once you've put it in.

Old 12-11-2013 | 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Premier Member
The reason you receive this feedback is because of the generality of the question. Looks are "Subjective" aka it depends on the person who looks at it.

If you live on the east coast vs the west coast your idea of what is top notch is "very different."

If you said, "Please compare these two spoilers I have narrowed down to from eBay. And please give your opinions of the look." Then you might get good feedback.

While we're at it, could you tell me what is the best wax for the G35? (I don't want an ID link...)

Old 12-11-2013 | 10:39 AM
|
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
The reason you receive this feedback is because of the generality of the question. Looks are "Subjective" aka it depends on the person who looks at it.

If you live on the east coast vs the west coast your idea of what is top notch is "very different."

If you said, "Please compare these two spoilers I have narrowed down to from eBay. And please give your opinions of the look." Then you might get good feedback.

While we're at it, could you tell me what is the best wax for the G35? (I don't want an ID link...)
Meguiars hands down imo see how easy that was? And that was based on personal experience. Is it right for everyone? Probably not but at least I gave an opinion instead of a smart @ss remark which just makes you look like a jerk. Forums are about opinions and I appreciate opinions, good or bad. But when someone just wants to take a poke then it's not really needed and a waste of a post IMO.

Last edited by Shawno72; 12-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2013 | 10:55 AM
|
Look guys not trying to get into a heated discussion I just want to find out if the Ebay spoilers are any good and if so which ones are and that's it. It's just, this is the second time that I ask questions and I get blasted for asking them. I come from a classic truck background so this import thing is all new to me.

Old 12-11-2013 | 11:13 AM
Look into the vendor section and look for 'IONIC" that is what you want to go with for a spoiler. Unless you want the 03 ironing board spoiler... You didn't specify... then your best bet is to trade someone local. You will have no issues finding a person to trade haha.

And not to be rude but you didn't help your cause or prove a point by yelling "Meguiars hands down" As Urban said, be more specific and you will get better feedback and help.

The following users liked this post:
Ionic (12-12-2013)
Old 12-11-2013 | 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Shawno72
Meguiars hands down imo see how easy that was? And that was based on personal experience. Is it right for everyone? Probably not but at least I gave an opinion instead of a smart @ss remark which just makes you look like a jerk. Forums are about opinions and I appreciate opinions, good or bad. But when someone just wants to take a poke then it's not really needed and a waste of a post IMO.
If you want my opinion instead of a joke, fine. You are the exact reason the G35 community has gone to crap. You do absoultly no research of your own, nor have any knowledge on the topic. Rather that searching the forum, you create yet another stupid thread asking the same quesiton for the 100th time expecting everyone here to spoon feed you links on how to modify your car. Rather than trying to source quality parts for your G35, you want to cut corners and find the cheapest ebay crap you can for your G35. Head to home depot for a garage door splitter and acouple cans of plasti-dip and you will be all set.

Better?

Old 12-11-2013 | 11:47 AM
|
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
If you want my opinion instead of a joke, fine. You are the exact reason the G35 community has gone to crap. You do absoultly no research of your own, nor have any knowledge on the topic. Rather that searching the forum, you create yet another stupid thread asking the same quesiton for the 100th time expecting everyone here to spoon feed you links on how to modify your car. Rather than trying to source quality parts for your G35, you want to cut corners and find the cheapest ebay crap you can for your G35. Head to home depot for a garage door splitter and acouple cans of plasti-dip and you will be all set.

Better?
Yes much better!! Now I got your attention bud. You do have a sense of humor with a hint of an anger issue. Kinda funny I guess. I'm glad you got that off your chest. Thanks buddiee. Note to self, no eBay spoiler. I'll take it of my watch list right now. Btw thanks to those who actually have comments that are worth posting.

Last edited by Shawno72; 12-11-2013 at 12:01 PM.