G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Convince me to get a G!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonshah
Geez all the people saying don't buy it so there's only less G on the road....you do realize that it's not exactly an exclusive car, I mean it's only $40k fully loaded.
jonshah......It's only $40K, well then, go out and buy the new BMW M5 it's about $20K more. It's only money. Time to grow up youngman!

Old 02-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Actually, the new M5 will probably be $50K more, but I see your point.

Originally Posted by G35/SR71
jonshah......It's only $40K, well then, go out and buy the new BMW M5 it's about $20K more. It's only money. Time to grow up youngman!

Old 02-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
it think you have to convince us, that you are worthy of driving such an elite car
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAAH

yes, a G35 is quite "elite". It's an amazing car, but by no means is it elite.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:29 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why would you go from a 330 to a G? You'd be downgrading. Stick with the 330 or get an M.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EZZ
Why would you go from a 330 to a G? You'd be downgrading. Stick with the 330 or get an M.
Care to explain yourself, considering a G will shred any 330 in any performance area?

Old 02-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by sen_jen
convince you to get a G...get a G dammIT!!! chicks dig it.
Chicks dig it?? Not as much as guys dig chicks that drive them! I can't go anywhere without getting ridiculous amounts of attention. It gets old after a while... no, i lied. I love every second of it!!!!

Old 02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Z06ified
Care to explain yourself, considering a G will shred any 330 in any performance area?
And an STI will shred a G35 in every performance area

From my personal experience, having driven a 330ci for about a year, and driving the G35 just once but reading plenty of reviews.

Performance- Acceleration clearly goes to the G35, though the ZHP 330 is just as fast(and quite a bit more expensive). Handling wise the G35 pulls a better slalom and skidpad, but in high speed cornering/track conditions the 330 will take it.

Interior- The G35 still doesn't come close to a 330. Some of the controls are just out of place, and the BMW uses much higher quality parts. I do LOVE the G35 seats though, and as long as it's got nice seats and a steering wheel, I'm set.

Looks- Completely subjective, but i'm pretty sure most would agree that the G35 is the better looking of the two. The G35 has(IMO) the nicest rear of any car since the 3rd gen RX7.

:flamesuiton:
Just realize guys the 330 is nicer in some aspects and the G35 is nicer in some aspects, neither car is CLEARLY better. Not trying to bash the G35 in ANY way but some of you guys seem quite blinded by your loyalty.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:10 PM
And an STI will shred a G35 in every performance area

:flamesuiton:
Just realize guys the 330 is nicer in some aspects and the G35 is nicer in some aspects, neither car is CLEARLY better. Not trying to bash the G35 in ANY way but some of you guys seem quite blinded by your loyalty.

You requested in this thread that we convince you to buy a G. Now you state that some of us are blinded by our loyalty. We are loyal, and it is due to our experiance in owning the car, and the enjoyment we have in ownership. What did you expect from us? Yes, we are bias, and if you are not able to pick up on the tone of our enthusiasm for this vehicle even with it's few short comings, then buy the BMW. At this point you do not need to rely on us. Your a big boy, make your decision.

Maybe the STI can shred the G, but its a turd on the inside.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=jonshah]Geez all the people saying don't buy it so there's only less G on the road....you do realize that it's not exactly an exclusive car, I mean it's only $40k fully loaded.

Don't convince this *** clown of anything...If its not an exclusive enough of a car for you then don't hesitate to sit back down in your 3 series...You come on here and talk about our cars not being exclusive, yet you drive the most common car around in my area...Grandmom, Grandpops, Mothers, Fathers, and young bucks like you all drive that 3 series around as if its the top of the line bimmer..."Only 40k" is pretty easy to say when mommy and daddy are buying the car, and don't give us some crap about you paying for it yourself...I don't care what kind of job you have in highschool, you can't afford these 40k cars, insurance, and maintenance on that salary...If 40k is no object then get off these forums, go convince your parents that your in need of an M3 for 55k or even a 911...This way you can have the expensive, more exclusive car that you've always hoped your parents would buy you...Kids like you make everyone around here laugh, your a joke...

Old 02-10-2005, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=G35Tuning]
Geez all the people saying don't buy it so there's only less G on the road....you do realize that it's not exactly an exclusive car, I mean it's only $40k fully loaded.

Don't convince this *** clown of anything...If its not an exclusive enough of a car for you then don't hesitate to sit back down in your 3 series...You come on here and talk about our cars not being exclusive, yet you drive the most common car around in my area...Grandmom, Grandpops, Mothers, Fathers, and young bucks like you all drive that 3 series around as if its the top of the line bimmer..."Only 40k" is pretty easy to say when mommy and daddy are buying the car, and don't give us some crap about you paying for it yourself...I don't care what kind of job you have in highschool, you can't afford these 40k cars, insurance, and maintenance on that salary...If 40k is no object then get off these forums, go convince your parents that your in need of an M3 for 55k or even a 911...This way you can have the expensive, more exclusive car that you've always hoped your parents would buy you...Kids like you make everyone around here laugh, your a joke...
Did I say a 3 series was exclusive?

A G35 is "rarer" than a 3 series, but neither one of them are EXCLUSIVE. For someone who is claiming to be so mature, your grasp of the English language isn't so great.

It's not difficult for a college student to own a car. Living on campus with a meal plan, the only thing you need to pay for are car payments...

Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Z06ified
Performance is one aspect of a well balanced car. The 330 is almost as fast as a G and handles almost as well but handles bumps better than the G and offers a more luxurious ride. IMO, the 330's suspension is a bit of a better compromise than the G-coupe. The 330 is an amazing machine and still is the benchmark for the entry luxury class. BTW, the 330 does not handle better than the G35 coupe. The ZHP might make it equal to the G coupe but I'd put my money on the G coupe hands down on a track event any day of the week.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=jonshah]
Originally Posted by G35Tuning

Did I say a 3 series was exclusive?

A G35 is "rarer" than a 3 series, but neither one of them are EXCLUSIVE. For someone who is claiming to be so mature, your grasp of the English language isn't so great.

It's not difficult for a college student to own a car. Living on campus with a meal plan, the only thing you need to pay for are car payments...

Assuming that your down payment is 15k which I'm sure you have from "saving" for all these years...Your looking at a 5 year payment of $450 per month...Insurance for an 18 year old in a coupe like this is nothing to sneeze at...You could chalk up about another $250 a month for that...Going to school full time and affording $700 a month is no cake walk...I'm 22 and I bought my "OWN" G last year...I was only able to do so because my University has paid internships 6 months out of the year...The point is if you work hard then you can probably put together the cash to afford this car, but to say its "only" 40k is so naive, and a slap in the face to anyone on this board who is between "30-46" who is having trouble affording this car...Thats my only gripe...

Old 02-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Come on you guys. What's the point of arguing with an 18 year old about money? Maybe in 10 years he'll understand the value of money, but I don't think anything anyone says here will change his viewpoint.

[QUOTE=G35Tuning]

Assuming that your down payment is 15k which I'm sure you have from "saving" for all these years...Your looking at a 5 year payment of $450 per month...Insurance for an 18 year old in a coupe like this is nothing to sneeze at...You could chalk up about another $250 a month for that...Going to school full time and affording $700 a month is no cake walk...I'm 22 and I bought my "OWN" G last year...I was only able to do so because my University has paid internships 6 months out of the year...The point is if you work hard then you can probably put together the cash to afford this car, but to say its "only" 40k is so naive, and a slap in the face to anyone on this board who is between "30-46" who is having trouble affording this car...Thats my only gripe...

Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 PM
get lost moron.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Can I just say that this kid doesn't represent all 18 year olds out there. I myself am 18 and I see these kind of kids all the time at school, driving new bimmers and escalades. I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way an 18 year old can afford a G without some kind of financial assistance. The nicest thing I drive is a dodge dakota and I know what 40k represents and I'm nowhere near affording a G but I still love it. Dude you registered just so that you could tell people to convince you to buy a G? wth. whatever.

This is someone that can never be a G enthusiast at heart. Sell your bimmer, buy an escalade, and put 22's with spinners on it.

Last edited by yamahauler; 02-10-2005 at 05:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Convince me to get a G!