G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window Misaligned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Window Misaligned?

I noticed the other day that there is a small gap at the back of the window. The weather strip is fine but the window isn't flush with the strip. Pic sucks but is there to show where im talking about:

Also the window barely goes down far enough when you open the door to clear the frame above the window. There has been a few occasions where it didn't clear it. After you open the door you can lightly push the window down to where it should drop or if the door is jarred in any way it will drop the rest of the way after opening it all the way. Here is a pic after opening the door:

Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
u can try playing with the weather strip by mushing it around maybe even take a heat guy to it to reform it jus a little. I did that it helped with the gap. I still have a small gap but at least its smaller.

for the window not coming down could be a sign of a motor about to fail. u can reset it might work might not. I had that issue before my motor failed

Old 04-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Is your window rolling up all the way when you close the door? When you shut it with the window closed, it should move up about another 1/8" to seal completely and then go down again that slight amount when you pop open the door.

You may want to try doing the window motor reset procedure as a first resort. This involves removing the inner door panel, which is actually very easy... just 3 bolts basically.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
Is your window rolling up all the way when you close the door? When you shut it with the window closed, it should move up about another 1/8" to seal completely and then go down again that slight amount when you pop open the door.

You may want to try doing the window motor reset procedure as a first resort. This involves removing the inner door panel, which is actually very easy... just 3 bolts basically.
Yeah it goes all the way up when closing it. It goes down but not very far when opening. Is there something that could be sticking? Afterwards I can push it down by hand to where my passenger window goes to.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
Dude I have the same problem and I get a few drops of water inside when washing the car. There must have been a recall on the fitment of these windows

Old 05-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i seen something regarding the resetting these windows and having to remove the door panel whats the reset procedure for this i was under the impression it was just a turn of the key and holding the button a for a procedure which i have written down somewhere any insight on this im having issues with my window as well it wont go all the way up without going a quarter of the way back down so i have to leave it cracked just a hair to clear the body when closing etc.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rsingerG35
I noticed the other day that there is a small gap at the back of the window. The weather strip is fine but the window isn't flush with the strip. Pic sucks but is there to show where im talking about:

Also the window barely goes down far enough when you open the door to clear the frame above the window. There has been a few occasions where it didn't clear it. After you open the door you can lightly push the window down to where it should drop or if the door is jarred in any way it will drop the rest of the way after opening it all the way. Here is a pic after opening the door:
This sounds like your window is off alignment. You need to start with removing the door panel. (during this process you will be disconnecting the power window master switch). After removing the door panel attach master switch. Use the switch to roll window down and through two peep holes you will see screws that you will use to adjust the window. The screws do loosen through time and use and sometimes do need adjustment. I would start with the one side for adjustment..(you need to determine this on whether it needs to go up down from the front or rear or both). Just loosen screws a little bit (dont need much) and align and retighten down after your alignment is set. Close door and test before putting panel back on. You may need to reset power window master switch after these steps have been completed and your panel is back on.

Also, all Infiniti and Nissan do have a suction design to help prevent window noise and tighter fitment on the windows. when opening a door your window should go down about 1/8 of an inch. and should go up about an 1/8 of an inch after door is closed.

Good luck and let me know if this worked for you.

Ratio

The following users liked this post:
mikeyboy (09-14-2015)
Old 09-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rsingerG35
Yeah it goes all the way up when closing it. It goes down but not very far when opening. Is there something that could be sticking? Afterwards I can push it down by hand to where my passenger window goes to.
I have the same issue. Did you figure out a fix?