G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Overheating but not while idle or driving fast...

Old 01-17-2019, 07:52 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by G35CDriver
I'm having an overheating issue now as well on my 05 6mt coupe with 29,000 on it. I cant get the lower radiator hose to get to a warm temp. All my Z1 hoses are good, hard coolant lines are good, mishimoto thermostat is like brand new, rad shows no leaks, WP shows no signs of fluids leaking between the timing covers, heat blows hot, system seems to be free of air idling with the spill free funnel on to burp it but the thermo wont open and the fans wont come on and the coolant in the funnel reaches a steam almost looking like its reaching a boiling point as I shut the car off. The gauge in the car sits at normal as well.... head ache!!
You probably still have air in the system, our cars can be a pain in the butt to bleed. Try putting the front end up on jack stands/ramps and make sure you use the bleed rscrew on the passenger side of the motor up by the firewall. It's possible the fan/s are going out but at 29K miles that would be surprising.

Old 01-07-2021, 03:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 g35 sedan manual
Overheating

I know this old thread but really need help my car over heats and replaced thermostat and as well radiator and still same thing. I fully burp the system out of bubbles and still nothing. I need help honestly I’m think it’s a head gasket but not really sure. I would appreciate some help idk if the water pump failing but see no leaks as well coolant isn’t mixed with oil and no white smoke. Car only over heats while driving and as well when revving. Thermostat won’t open but brand new and tested that works too coolant hose gets hot and bottom one really cold

Old 01-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Felipe Sanchez
...my car over heats and replaced thermostat and as well radiator and still same thing. ....... Thermostat won’t open but brand new and tested that works too coolant hose gets hot and bottom one really cold
Possible defective thermostat? Remove it and put it in a pot of hot water while monitoring the water temperature. If defective, return it for an exchange. Where did you purchase it?

Originally Posted by Felipe Sanchez
I’m think it’s a head gasket but not really sure.
Do a compression test

Old 01-07-2021, 03:06 PM
2003 g35 sedan manual
03 g35 sedan 6mt

Originally Posted by telcoman
Possible defective thermostat? Remove it and put it in a pot of hot water while monitoring the water temperature. If defective, return it for an exchange. Where did you purchase it?

I bought from autozone and tested it and it open in hot water I also bought one from Infiniti and also same thing. I burp to the point we’re finally the thermostat open bottom hose was hot turned the car off cooled down did it as couple time and thermostat wouldn’t open again the bottom hose still cold I lifted the front and everything but nothing ima get a head gasket tester to see but I don’t see coolant mixed with oil or white smoke coming out

Do a compression test
I’m go get a test today and see

Old 01-07-2021, 04:47 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If the bottom hose never gets hot but the car is overheating and you verified the thermostat is actually functioning then I GUARANTEE YOU HAVE AIR IN THE SYSTEM, a large pocket of air directly behind the thermostat.

EDIT: Drain the coolant out and do it over again, this time pour it in very slowly at the rate suggested in the FSM (or slower).

Or buy a coolant airvac and use that. I did one on a 350Z last weekend, recharged (build vacuum) 3 times, basically just wait until it's sucked all the coolant upthrough the suction line, then vac it again until coolant starts to come out of the drain on the airvac, then suck up more coolant with the suction line, vac it a third time which didn't even take a full vac before it was purging coolant, suck the final remaining coolant with the suction line.

I literally had ZERO AIR to burp on that car, I should have bought one of these things a decade ago.

Here's the one I bought.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by cleric670; 01-07-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:53 PM
2003 g35 sedan manual
Originally Posted by cleric670
If the bottom hose never gets hot but the car is overheating and you verified the thermostat is actually functioning then I GUARANTEE YOU HAVE AIR IN THE SYSTEM, a large pocket of air directly behind the thermostat.
I’ve tried multiple times to bleed the system I’ve lifted the car and tried all the methods and nothing. I’m think of running with out a thermostat would you guys recommend or no because my car is a daily been stuck for three days bleeding and nothing.