G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2005, why no Brembo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gto2050
Ha ha I love these threads. I have Brembos and I like them after they finally stopped squeaking.......however, if they were the high performance kind as Mr Elusive suggests, they would be cross drilled for better heat dissippation(sp?). Stop on brothers!
Cross drilled is really just for looks. They are also more prone to cracking. It would have been better to have slotted rotors. However, more surface area (meaning no cross drilling or slotting) means it's easier for the pads to 'bite' and thus stop the car.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:18 PM
I own a painting business and i recently painted a guys house who is an engineer for nissan. i asked him why the 05's didn't come with brembos and he said they thought about how many people actually take their G's to the track versus everyday driving and they concluded it would save money on cost to delete the brembos from the 05's. plus the stock brakes works just as well if not a little better in stopping distance. the brembos work better only on track. better fade resistance. on the 05 6mt does have the bigger rotors. they kept the brembos on the z's because lot more people take them to the tracks. this was a study done by the people of nissan.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by MrElussive
You're still missing my point. Any late-model Ferrari w/Brembo brake setup is FAR more track-worthy than the G35C's Brembos.
Wrogn buddy. That is not how you wrote your point. Shall I quote you?

"A true Brembo track setup would be something you'd find on a Ferrari"

That is what you said. So don't try to twist your words. My simple response to you is that you did not have all of the information. The FACTS being that most modern Ferraris, especially pre-360s, NEVER came with any braking systems that could be similiar to "a true brembo track setup".

You are incorrect, no big deal. Just don't try to weasel out of it.

Also, no thanks, I'll just stick to this forum since I have nothing to do with Ferrari's.
Oh, so NOW you admit that you really don't know much about them! Good job!

And when you purchase your 355 within the year, your opinion probably still won't matter to me. Sorry dude, but when you skew the perfectly valid point I'm trying to make because I am not a Ferrari aficionado by any means (which I never claimed to be), I really cannot recognize any credibility you may have.
You just don't see it do you. Your point was NEVER valid! END OF STORY!
This has nothing to do with my credibility!

Yawn....

Oh, by the way, here are some more words from the F40 OWNERS smartass:
----------------------------------------------------------------
"I can testify to how bad the brakes are.

Especially on a cold start! They seem to improve with frequent use i.e on a track, not sure if this is a characteristic of the pads themselves, or me imagining it?"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"When I bought my F40 the brake pedal had no feel and was like pressing a solid object. The problems when cold are that they are so unlike everyday cars they feel like they are not working when in fact they are but on the track you get used to it. My track experience was that after 3 laps they shudder very badly but recover again if allowed to cool down.
There are two approaches to the problem, firstly the race car approach which is well documented in many places and requires upgrades to wheels suspension tyres etc. The second is the one I took as I did not want a "modified" car I wanted a car that was usable on the road but would be good on track days. The solution is straight forward and relatively inexpensive.
1. Have the callipers refurbished by Brembo as this brings back travel and feel.
2. Replace the drilled disks with slotted disks of the same size which gives better performance and longer life.
3. Use Pagit Blue pads as these improve the performance, do not fade on track days and are excellent on the road requiring no pre heating.
4. Convert the hubs to allow the disks to float which compensates for the distortion at high temperature and reduces judder to almost zero."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cooling is a big deal and also the master cylinders. Check with Dave Helms at 303/938-9000, who did John's street f40 mods and has no trouble to play with me. He did that at a decent price and he is working to do the same on the ZR 's F40.
Here a few pics from my front end (LM) and the upper air ducts are missing from the pics because they are monted on the extractor
Roland
F40LM"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So Mr. Elusive, the only thing that eluded you was any notion of a well thought out contention spewing from your brain onto this forum.

Sorry to get nasty, but I started out simply trying to get you better information. So look, DON'T take my opinion, take the opinions of the multiple F40 owners I posted to this thread.

MORON

Old 02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Florida G35 Club
The Brembo" saga continues. As an owner of a 2003-4 with brembos and an owner of 2005 without. This is all I can say without ever taken my cars to a track to race. I prefer the 2005 system over the brembo"s. Infiniti has done a very nice job refining the 2005 6mt. It has a very docile feel to it around town and the handling is so much more refined. I just hate squeaky brakes. But I sure like the looks of the brembo's. Car brakes sure have come a long way. And you know what? I just plain love every G35 I see with Brembos or not.

Old 02-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS GEE
The Brembo" saga continues. As an owner of a 2003-4 with brembos and an owner of 2005 without. This is all I can say without ever taken my cars to a track to race. I prefer the 2005 system over the brembo"s. Infiniti has done a very nice job refining the 2005 6mt. It has a very docile feel to it around town and the handling is so much more refined. I just hate squeaky brakes. But I sure like the looks of the brembo's. Car brakes sure have come a long way. And you know what? I just plain love every G35 I see with Brembos or not.

Hey nos gee
What year is your Brembo equipped G. I've never heard of a 2003-4. I'm interested in hearing about why you prefer the '05 brakes versus the Brembo's. I take it your description of refined and docile has nothing to do with the brakes or does it?
Also have your Brembos always squeaked? I have not heard a peep out of mine in 7k so hopefully they'll stay that way.

Thanks

Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by RBull
Hey nos gee
What year is your Brembo equipped G. I've never heard of a 2003-4. I'm interested in hearing about why you prefer the '05 brakes versus the Brembo's. I take it your description of refined and docile has nothing to do with the brakes or does it?
Also have your Brembos always squeaked? I have not heard a peep out of mine in 7k so hopefully they'll stay that way.

Thanks
2003-4 Is ordered in 2003 for a 2004 with Brembo's As I call it the build date was late 2003 or as my 2005 build date 12-2004. As I said I love the G35 and Think they are all around great car for the price range. I like the 2005 much more for the type of driving I do.
I feel IM more in tune with the brakes (Brake feel) Its the whole package that Infiniti put together for 2005 6mt. I like the ride better, the brakes, and the power. I still believe that the dealer may have over tighten the front wheel and distorted the rotors. 2003-4 All the noise happened after 5 m service. 2003-4 car. All I have to say is do your own work and enjoy your ride. I believe build dates have a lot to do with Brakes. Example like all the rust on cars brakes sitting on lots. This last Saturday when I went to pick up my plates at the dealer I noticed a 2005 6mt with rusty brakes on it and it had a build date on it of 10-2004 and this car just came in. My 2005 build date was 12-2004 and I drove it home January 22nd. what's up with that. IM more worried about horse power than brakes. Its the journey---------Enjoy your ride. Dennis

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 01-21-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS GEE
2003-4 Is ordered in 2003 for a 2004 with Brembo's As I call it the build date was late 2003 or as my 2005 build date 12-2004. As I said I love the G35 and Think they are all around great car for the price range. I like the 2005 much more for the type of driving I do.
I feel IM more in tune with the brakes (Brake feel) Its the whole package that Infiniti put together for 2005 6mt. I like the ride better, the brakes, and the power. I still believe that the dealer may have over tighten the front wheel and distorted the rotors. 2003-4 All the noise happened after 5 m service. 2003-4 car. All I have to say is do your own work and enjoy your ride. I believe build dates have a lot to do with Brakes. Example like all the rust on cars brakes sitting on lots. This last Saturday when I went to pick up my plates at the dealer I noticed a 2005 6mt with rusty brakes on it and it had a build date on it of 10-2004 and this car just came in. My 2005 build date was 12-2004 and I drove it home January 22nd. what's up with that. IM more worried about horse power than brakes. Its the journey---------Enjoy your ride. Dennis
Thanks for the feedback. That's good you like your new one even better.
I know what you mean about doing the work yourself. I don't know how many times I have picked up my previous cars after servicing to find out something was done wrong or another problem was created. Very frustrating. We have only one dealer around here with the nearest being about 800 miles away so I don't have too options other than some basic services I do myself like oil changes etc.
I ordered mine in December '03 and the build date on mine was 02-2004 arriving in late March so it wasn't sitting around before getting it.However I know the brake rust issue is going to be something I have to deal now with since my car is stored for winter since mid November and will not be out until early April.
I've enjoyed the G a lot to date.

Cheers
Deane

Old 02-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by RBull
Thanks for the feedback. That's good you like your new one even better.
I know what you mean about doing the work yourself. I don't know how many times I have picked up my previous cars after servicing to find out something was done wrong or another problem was created. Very frustrating. We have only one dealer around here with the nearest being about 800 miles away so I don't have too options other than some basic services I do myself like oil changes etc.
I ordered mine in December '03 and the build date on mine was 02-2004 arriving in late March so it wasn't sitting around before getting it.However I know the brake rust issue is going to be something I have to deal now with since my car is stored for winter since mid November and will not be out until early April.
I've enjoyed the G a lot to date.

Cheers
Deane
Deane good to here from you. I have my ways at looking at thing's . If you look at the picture I sent you will see a rug made of "jute" This stuff absorbs so much water it crazy. Hense no rust. Now slap a coat of wax on her and wait for a nice day to beat her hard with love. Lets Mod" and be fast. Im sure Fred Flintstone would of loved "Brembos. Dennis

Old 02-21-2005, 10:45 PM
The long simmering Brembo debate finally boils over - I'm glad everyone gets a chance to lay their prejudices and assumptions on the table. I'm struck by the fact that this forum is not at all representative of the majority of G35 owners, but since we have only ourselves to talk to, we construct this little world where we think stopping distance and fade resistance really mean a rat's azz to the typical G35 owner. The people who track their car are a vanishingly small percentage of owners, but they comprise a disproportionate percentage of participants on this forum, so their opinions are a louder chorus here. The rest of the Brembo owners simply like the looks and the inferred status the Brembo name brings, some are able to admit this, some are not. The average owner does not want their brakes to squeal no matter what color they are. Fade resistance is about as practical a concern for the average owner as the fact that their wrist watch is waterproof to a depth of 90 ft. People get so defensive that their belongings are an integral reflection of who they are. This forum is an interesting microcosm of the problems affecting the world at large, a persistent focus on the differences and not the commonality; an insistence that in the differences lie the superiority of one over another, a validation of one mans opinion over another.

That having been said, I love the look of the Brembo's and wish I had 'em, but only for vanity's sake!

Prolix
2005 G35 coupe 5AT, Diamond Graphite/Graphite, Premium, Performance Tire & Wheel, 20% Tint, Aluminum Pedals, Debadged.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Prolix
The long simmering Brembo debate finally boils over - I'm glad everyone gets a chance to lay their prejudices and assumptions on the table. I'm struck by the fact that this forum is not at all representative of the majority of G35 owners, but since we have only ourselves to talk to, we construct this little world where we think stopping distance and fade resistance really mean a rat's azz to the typical G35 owner. The people who track their car are a vanishingly small percentage of owners, but they comprise a disproportionate percentage of participants on this forum, so their opinions are a louder chorus here. The rest of the Brembo owners simply like the looks and the inferred status the Brembo name brings, some are able to admit this, some are not. The average owner does not want their brakes to squeal no matter what color they are. Fade resistance is about as practical a concern for the average owner as the fact that their wrist watch is waterproof to a depth of 90 ft. People get so defensive that their belongings are an integral reflection of who they are. This forum is an interesting microcosm of the problems affecting the world at large, a persistent focus on the differences and not the commonality; an insistence that in the differences lie the superiority of one over another, a validation of one mans opinion over another.

That having been said, I love the look of the Brembo's and wish I had 'em, but only for vanity's sake!

Prolix
2005 G35 coupe 5AT, Diamond Graphite/Graphite, Premium, Performance Tire & Wheel, 20% Tint, Aluminum Pedals, Debadged.
Prolix,
Profound and well spoken. I was at my local Infiniti dealership this weekend having my G serviced. I was in the show room staring at the 05' and thinking how unattractive those cast brake calipers looked. Made the G look plain.
I'm sure that ugly caliper stops the G as well as the Brembos do, but that splash of color behind the wheel makes a big difference.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Florida G35 Club

Prolix
Yes very well said. I close my case. Now how can we make some more HP
Dennis

Old 02-22-2005, 02:23 AM

Prolix

Thats BS...My wrist watch is only waterproof to a depth of 75 ft...I got screwed...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005, why no Brembo?