2005, why no Brembo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS GEE
Yes very well said. I close my case. Now how can we make some more HP
Dennis

FI!!! Now I close my case...Damn that felt good...J/K, lol...

Old 02-22-2005, 04:32 AM
i heard they removed it because the brembo brakes had a lot of brake dust. I heard they wanted the similiar performance, without the pain of cleaning the brake dust. Just what i heard.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
i heard they removed it because the brembo brakes had a lot of brake dust. I heard they wanted the similiar performance, without the pain of cleaning the brake dust. Just what i heard.

I'm surprised there isn't more brake dust with the Brembos. I don't find it excessive at all. The Nissan brakes on my 300ZX put out at least three times the brake dust as the Brembos on my G do.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Different pads would fix the dust problem.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xswl0931
Different pads would fix the dust problem.

I know, I need to try some different pads.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by MrElussive
ScapGF, prove to me that the G35 Coupe w/Brembo brakes stops shorter (60-0mph) and has better resistance to fade on a track than a Ferrari F40, then I'll believe you. I don't want the word of some F40 owners complaining about the brakes, probably in comparison to other Ferrari's and supercars.
Are you retarded? Slow? Metally challenged?

Doing a COMMON google I found some stats.

F40, 2950lbs, 60-0 119ft
G35, 3485lbs, 60-0 114ft

BIG difference condisering the g35 weighs a hell of a lot more.

As for brake fade and trouble on the track, I HAVE ALREADY posted the thoughts of some OWNERS on the issue. They are not complaining in comparisson to other supercars. JUST ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS ONE! VERY SIMPLE!!!

WTF else do you want? And also, I NEVER said, mentioned, alluded to, or assumed that the g35 brembo's would be better on a track than the f40 stock brakes, although after hearing what f40 owners had to say, it wouldn't surprise me.

Face it. YOU ARE WRONG.
Now you are just making yourself look worse and worse. Way to go champ!

Old 02-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by ScapGF
Are you retarded? Slow? Metally challenged?

Doing a COMMON google I found some stats.

F40, 2950lbs, 60-0 119ft
G35, 3485lbs, 60-0 114ft

BIG difference condisering the g35 weighs a hell of a lot more.

As for brake fade and trouble on the track, I HAVE ALREADY posted the thoughts of some OWNERS on the issue. They are not complaining in comparisson to other supercars. JUST ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS ONE! VERY SIMPLE!!!

WTF else do you want? And also, I NEVER said, mentioned, alluded to, or assumed that the g35 brembo's would be better on a track than the f40 stock brakes, although after hearing what f40 owners had to say, it wouldn't surprise me.

Face it. YOU ARE WRONG.
Now you are just making yourself look worse and worse. Way to go champ!
ScapGF
IM very surprised about the braking on the F-40s. I would have thought that the Italians would have done a better job on there brakes. What upgrades Would you recommend to a car of this caliber. Im here to learn. Dennis

Old 02-22-2005, 10:52 PM
ScapGF
IM very surprised about the braking on the F-40s. I would have thought that the Italians would have done a better job on there brakes. What upgrades Would you recommend to a car of this caliber. Im here to learn. Dennis
Dennis

Apparently the brakes on the F40LM and GTE varients are much much better. So many hardcore F40 guys will swap out stock F40 parts for F40LM spec parts.

Also, here is what a few owners have to say on the subject:

"The solution is straight forward and relatively inexpensive.
1. Have the callipers refurbished by Brembo as this brings back travel and feel.
2. Replace the drilled disks with slotted disks of the same size which gives better performance and longer life.
3. Use Pagit Blue pads as these improve the performance, do not fade on track days and are excellent on the road requiring no pre heating.
4. Convert the hubs to allow the disks to float which compensates for the distortion at high temperature and reduces judder to almost zero.
This work was done for me in stages by Damax (contact Robin Ward on 01280 851004 or robin@damax.co.uk) who prepare Ferrari Challenge cars in the UK, they are based near Silverstone. By doing it in stages we proved each step was a benefit. There is one further step that you can take for track days is to add some flexible tube to the existing duct work tying it to the suspension and ending adjacent to the top and bottom of the front disks. Alternatively fit the brake ducts from a 355 challenge car which can be easily modified for the F40."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I now have the Brembo 8 piston, 378 mm set-up and that's about as good as it gets. Brembo NA has the set-up for about 10K"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cooling is a big deal and also the master cylinders. Check with Dave Helms at 303/938-9000, who did John's street f40 mods and has no trouble to play with me. He did that at a decent price and he is working to do the same on the ZR 's F40." ---Roland Linder

For those who don't know, Roland is a VERY accomplished driver, he even ran Le Mans a couple of times in the 60s. Other cars he owns include McLaren F1, Porsche Dauer 962

His street f40LM spec car is around 780hp w/20 PSI of boost. Really cool car! He has brought it down to New Orleans 3times for the annual Ferrari French Quarter Classic.

Hey Mr.Elusive, I have spoken with Roland on the brake issues, and his thoughts are the same as most other F40 owners. So you don't have to believe me, but you DO have to believe a former LeMans driver.
So now that you have been owned through and through, I suggest you drop your meaningless muttering ASAP to help save face.

Hope this helped Dennis!

Old 02-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Florida G35 Club
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ScapGF
Dennis

Apparently the brakes on the F40LM and GTE varients are much much better. So many hardcore F40 guys will swap out stock F40 parts for F40LM spec parts.

Also, here is what a few owners have to say on the subject:

"The solution is straight forward and relatively inexpensive.
1. Have the callipers refurbished by Brembo as this brings back travel and feel.
2. Replace the drilled disks with slotted disks of the same size which gives better performance and longer life.
3. Use Pagit Blue pads as these improve the performance, do not fade on track days and are excellent on the road requiring no pre heating.
4. Convert the hubs to allow the disks to float which compensates for the distortion at high temperature and reduces judder to almost zero.
This work was done for me in stages by Damax (contact Robin Ward on 01280 851004 or robin@damax.co.uk) who prepare Ferrari Challenge cars in the UK, they are based near Silverstone. By doing it in stages we proved each step was a benefit. There is one further step that you can take for track days is to add some flexible tube to the existing duct work tying it to the suspension and ending adjacent to the top and bottom of the front disks. Alternatively fit the brake ducts from a 355 challenge car which can be easily modified for the F40."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I now have the Brembo 8 piston, 378 mm set-up and that's about as good as it gets. Brembo NA has the set-up for about 10K"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cooling is a big deal and also the master cylinders. Check with Dave Helms at 303/938-9000, who did John's street f40 mods and has no trouble to play with me. He did that at a decent price and he is working to do the same on the ZR 's F40." ---Roland Linder

For those who don't know, Roland is a VERY accomplished driver, he even ran Le Mans a couple of times in the 60s. Other cars he owns include McLaren F1, Porsche Dauer 962

His street f40LM spec car is around 780hp w/20 PSI of boost. Really cool car! He has brought it down to New Orleans 3times for the annual Ferrari French Quarter Classic.

Hey Mr.Elusive, I have spoken with Roland on the brake issues, and his thoughts are the same as most other F40 owners. So you don't have to believe me, but you DO have to believe a former LeMans driver.
So now that you have been owned through and through, I suggest you drop your meaningless muttering ASAP to help save face.

Hope this helped Dennis!
Damm Dude Lets figure out how to make some more power out of the 6356mt and go from there. What are you thinking on mods for you GEE?
MR.Elusive is just a simple guy that thinks too much. He sure has a lot of posts. I guess he has his heart in the right place. Thanks for the info. Dennis

Old 02-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Damm Dude Lets figure out how to make some more power out of the 6356mt and go from there. What are you thinking on mods for you GEE?
MR.Elusive is just a simple guy that thinks too much. He sure has a lot of posts. I guess he has his heart in the right place. Thanks for the info. Dennis
I am going to keep it simple with the mods on my car. Get some better cats, lighter exhaust, throw some R-compound rubber on it for roadcourse use, and save as much money as I can for the 355!